Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "V" wrote:
    Things we need more than a new RT:

    1. QB
    2. KR/PR
    3. S
    4. CB
    5. DT
    6. C
    7. K
    8. FB
    ???

  2. #22
    Bretto007's Avatar
    Bretto007 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    147

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Things we need more than a new RT:

    1. QB
    2. KR/PR
    3. S
    4. CB
    5. DT
    6. C
    7. K
    8. FB
    ???

    HC?
    Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

  3. #23
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "Bretto007" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Things we need more than a new RT:

    1. QB
    2. KR/PR
    3. S
    4. CB
    5. DT
    6. C
    7. K
    8. FB
    ???

    HC?
    Word

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.
    With the key word being a few......

    Look, you have to look at more than his hieght when you say he is to tall.
    You need to look at how low he comes off the ball and how low of a bend he takes when he engages.

    Dude stands way to tall to be a C or a G.
    Lol.

    Have you looked at him playing Tackle? He is too gol 'darnit slow to react to an outside rush at that position so I guess his goose is cooked in the NFL.

    As an aside, he must have had a low enough stance to play center so it would stand to figure that this world class group of coaches could change his stance. After all they have changed it to try to acclimate him to the T position. This year they even have him starting in the up position so he doesn't loose time standing up before engaging DE's.
    No, for heavens sake I have never watched him play.
    I am only pulling all this out of my ass in an effort to keep a meaningless discussion going with you.
    ;D
    ;D

    Yes I've watched him play.

    He is a bit slow against a speedier edge rusher, however, so is McKinnie and every other damn T that faces those types of players.
    Thats why TE's and FB's get paid extra money.
    To help him out.

    As to changing his stance, your para didn't make sense.
    You do realize a T plays higher that a G or C right?
    Which gets back to my point, he plays to high and was projected as a project T or possibly a G coming out of the draft.

    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/...ryan_cook.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=tke0933 link=topic=48872.msg860465#msg860465 date=1225660514]
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.
    With the key word being a few......

    Look, you have to look at more than his hieght when you say he is to tall.
    You need to look at how low he comes off the ball and how low of a bend he takes when he engages.

    Dude stands way to tall to be a C or a G.
    Lol.

    Have you looked at him playing Tackle? He is too gol 'darnit slow to react to an outside rush at that position so I guess his goose is cooked in the NFL.

    As an aside, he must have had a low enough stance to play center so it would stand to figure that this world class group of coaches could change his stance. After all they have changed it to try to acclimate him to the T position. This year they even have him starting in the up position so he doesn't loose time standing up before engaging DE's.
    No, for heavens sake I have never watched him play.
    I am only pulling all this out of my ass in an effort to keep a meaningless discussion going with you.

    ;D
    ;D

    Yes I've watched him play.

    He is a bit slow against a speedier edge rusher, however, so is McKinnie and every other damn T that faces those types of players.
    Thats why TE's and FB's get paid extra money.
    To help him out.

    As to changing his stance, your para didn't make sense.
    You do realize a T plays higher that a G or C right?
    Which gets back to my point, he plays to high and was projected as a project T or possibly a G coming out of the draft.

    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/...ryan_cook.html
    [/quote]

    So then what is the argument? If he played Center in college he must be able to play in a lower stance or he should be able to be retrained to do so. Or does he have a learning impairment?

    I actually went back and watched the highlights of the team for 5 of this years game and if you look at him next to Hererra, there is no discernable height difference in the way that they play or in the stance they take during the running plays. You are really making alot about not much. As a matter of fact, I even compared Cook to hutch in their stances and on the running plays they look no different.

  6. #26
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    I like Cook, but he shouldnt have been one of the three 2nd rd picks we had...he could have gone later...Also the fact of the matter is that all three with the exemption of Griffin haven't worked out in that years draft.

    Grinffin 2nd

    Cook 3rd

    TJack 4th-5th

    I just do and have had problems with selections (even AD at first) now he is one of my favs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' offensive line led the way for NFL's best
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 06:58 AM
  2. Vikings' Offensive Line
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Vikings' special teams try to plug a leak
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
  4. Vikings offensive line: Right wants added might
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •