Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "BBQ" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Really I think that the line reflects the old saying " Too many Cooks spoil the Broth". If we would eliminate one Cook the line would instantly get better.
    *rimshot*
    lol

  2. #12
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    Yeah, I've been calling for Cook's head for a long time, so take a #. He still killing us with his false starts!

    ALL DAY!!!

  3. #13
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    I think Cook would be the best at the R. Guard position but I don't think he could beat out Hererra for the job. He could be a serviceable backup for both guards I suppose. I would like to see Hicks play some at RT.

  4. #14
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "PurpleTide" wrote:

    Well it's midseason and about time someone addressed the O-line inconsistency.
    Those 5 guys need to step up a notch, as does the whole team if we are going to climb out of this mediocre BS. Play up to your abilities and we can go on a run. It's time to show up ready and fired up.

    I don't know if any of you watched that Texas/ Texas Tech game, especialy after that Gopher heartbreak, but Tech sure has a NFL caliber line, big mofo's allowing 5-6-7 seconds in the pocket.

    Thanks for the news fodder singerSP.
    Bit of a correction there or clarification if you will. It's midseason in Childress' 3rd year & the time to address it was 2 years ago.

    It was Childress who said it all starts up front & he was bound & determined to concentrate on improving the O-line into a solid core of players, yet two & a half years later, I don't think he greatly improved the O-line from what it was 2-1/2
    years ago.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    Only guy on track in this whole thread. (Your first sentence) Just moved you up two (countem two) columns on the ole spreadsheet my friend.


    I would move you up more except for your second sentence.

    a.
    He is to tall to play center.
    QB just wouldn't be able to see over him.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    Nope, he is the guy the staff chose to address the OL issue right along with the other 2 guys they choose in Herrera and Hutch.
    Those two cats have solidified the Gaurd position on this team.
    Now all we need to do is get a C in there for next year who can pull and we will be set.

    Big Mac played well enough yesterday to escape any wratch from me for another week but next week will be his real test.
    ;D

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.
    With the key word being a few......

    Look, you have to look at more than his hieght when you say he is to tall.
    You need to look at how low he comes off the ball and how low of a bend he takes when he engages.

    Dude stands way to tall to be a C or a G.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.

    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.
    With the key word being a few......

    Look, you have to look at more than his hieght when you say he is to tall.
    You need to look at how low he comes off the ball and how low of a bend he takes when he engages.

    Dude stands way to tall to be a C or a G.
    Lol.

    Have you looked at him playing Tackle? He is too damn slow to react to an outside rush at that position so I guess his goose is cooked in the NFL.

    As an aside, he must have had a low enough stance to play center so it would stand to figure that this world class group of coaches could change his stance. After all they have changed it to try to acclimate him to the T position. This year they even have him starting in the up position so he doesn't loose time standing up before engaging DE's.

  9. #19
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    I don't think Cook has really settled in to the tackle position.
    I agree to the move of HIcks and having Cook be Birk's backup.
    b.
    He is to tall to play gaurd for the same reason.



    He is not too tall to play Guard. I looked this up earlier in the season and found several players that were from 6-5 to 6-7 and in the 320-335 range. He is listed at 6-6 and 330. hutch is at 6-5 and 320.

    He is certainly a better prospect at G because he wouldn't need the speed near as much in the middle of the trenches as he does blocking the speed rushers on the corner.
    JMHO of course.
    Only position he isn't too tall for is back up.
    Time to draft a real right tackle.

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  10. #20
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Vikings' vaunted offensive line trying to plug a leak

    Things we need more than a new RT:

    1. QB
    2. KR/PR
    3. S
    4. CB
    5. DT
    6. C
    7. K
    8. FB
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' offensive line led the way for NFL's best
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 06:58 AM
  2. Vikings' Offensive Line
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Vikings' special teams try to plug a leak
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
  4. Vikings offensive line: Right wants added might
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •