Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JeffSeimon is offline Starter

Re: Vikings vacation.Advice please

Thanks for all the advice.

I am also looking a aise seating in section 103,a few rows up.
    Is this a good area?

"JeffSeimon" wrote:
    No,I have not purchased the tickets yet.
    The seller is asking $700 for the pair,I am offering $600
    I think we will meet somewhere.
    I was wanting row 1 to have plenty of knee room.
    Do the other rows have plenty of knee room?
    I went to my first game 2 seasons ago. I sat in row 39 I had no problems with leg room and Iam 6'8".

I took the light rail to the game it was perfect. we stayed right by the mall of ameria so there was a light rail station right there. It was cheap and quick I didnt have to worry about traffic or directions. It made the game more enjoyable and relaxed

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "JeffSeimon" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Awesome!
    Great game to go to for your first trip to the dome.

First, don't worry about parking passes.
    On game day there are tons of parking lots and ramps that are open.
    Park in one of them ($10 to $20) and walk a couple blocks to the PP.O tailgate spots.
    Last year we had five spots in Purple Lot 1.
    This year we are making plans to purchase some more, although I do't know if we will do as many.

The tailgate is a great time, and we have a couple of grills set up to use.
    You can bring some drinks, and there is also usually some GBP floating around, and I bring jello shots to share.

Are you coming in from out of town?
    Yes,from Ringling,Ok.. A very small cattle community in southern,Ok.
    We will take your advice,thanks.

Any good motels close to the Dome?
    I would think we better get to making reservations now.
    Have you purchased the tickets yet? I like to sit in sec. 109 for some games. Row one will put you right behind the bench and you will get close to the players but may not be able to see over them for some plays. I like to be 15 or more rows up so I can see over them and still see the players and coaches well.

I come in from Nebraska and have stayed at the hotel Nodak recommends and found it very good. Riding the light rail (train) in to the game is very convienient but is quite crowded unless you go a little early.

The downtown hotel I was at last year was the Best western Normandy( see link at bottom). It was older but adequate. Parking was cheap. About 8 blocks from the dome. I did have drunks next door keep me awake until 3 a.m.. But that can happen at any hotel.

The parking by the dome gets more expensive as you get closer but you should never have to pay more than $20 if you drive.

Come early stay late and tailgate with us. See you there.

Best Western Normandy
    link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g43323-d77006-Reviews-Best_Western_Normandy_Inn_Downtown-Minneapolis_Minnesota.html
    Were you in the room next to Marrdro at the Normandy?
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

My friends and I normally stay at the Holiday Inn - Metrodome, which is within walking distance to the Dome.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/mspmd?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/hi/1/en/hotelsearchresults

It is a nice hotel, usually full of fans from both teams and situated near the U of MN five corners intersection...
    lots of bars you can walk to/from near the hotel.

If you wish to do the Mall of America visit while you are in Mpls, then the advice to stay out there and take the light rail is is the way to go.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Jilly is offline Coach

"PacNWVike" wrote:
    My friends and I normally stay at the Holiday Inn - Metrodome, which is within walking distance to the Dome.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/mspmd?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/hi/1/en/hotelsearchresults

It is a nice hotel, usually full of fans from both teams and situated near the U of MN five corners intersection...

If you wish to do the Mall of America visit while you are in Mpls, then the advice to stay out there and take the light rail is is the way to go.
    Gotta agree with PacNWVike on this one.

The Holiday Inn Metrodome is only five blocks from the Dome. It's a very nice hotel with great atmosphere during game weekends...lots of fans, the bar was packed and they have an awesome game day morning brunch.
    You can't beat the location. Right outside the hotel, you have numerous choices of restaurants and bars to go to and you can catch the light rail just a few blocks away.
    If you are too lazy to walk, the hotel has a free shuttle to the Dome, light rail, and to the downtown shopping area (I forget what that was called).
    If you are interested in the Holiday Inn Metrodome, make your reservation early, they book up fast.

Have fun!

The only problem is if you are back for Packer week.
    The jiggly butt pack fans are everywhere, but I suspect that this year they wont be as obnoxious as normal..........................wait a minute yes they will they are Packer Fans.
    Sorry I lost my head.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"JeffSeimon" wrote:
    Thanks for all the advice.

I am also looking a aise seating in section 103,a few rows up.
    Is this a good area?
    It's the lower corner End Zone section & it depends on how close to the field you are. It's great when the player are near that endzone, but not very good if they are at the other end.

The lower you are, the more you lose in depth perception.

Here's a link to the seating chart with face value ticket prices. It should help you decide where you want to sit.

http://www.vikings.com/TicketsPage_StadiumMap.aspx

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingMD" wrote:
    "PacNWVike" wrote:

Gotta agree with PacNWVike on this one.

The Holiday Inn Metrodome is only five blocks from the Dome. It's a very nice hotel with great atmosphere during game weekends...lots of fans, the bar was packed and they have an awesome game day morning brunch.
    You can't beat the location. Right outside the hotel, you have numerous choices of restaurants and bars to go to and you can catch the light rail just a few blocks away.
    If you are too lazy to walk, the hotel has a free shuttle to the Dome, light rail, and to the downtown shopping area (I forget what that was called).
    If you are interested in the Holiday Inn Metrodome, make your reservation early, they book up fast.

Have fun!
    I have stayed there as well. It's a great option. Maybe a little more expensive as they jack the prices for game weekends. But worth it if you want easy access to the game as well as entertainment and food and drink.They also have a parking ramp right there at the hotel.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "JeffSeimon" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Awesome!

Park in one of them ($10 to $20) and walk a couple blocks to the PP.O tailgate spots.
    This year we are making plans to purchase some more, although I do't know if we will do as many.

You can bring some drinks, and there is also usually some GBP floating around, and I bring jello shots to share.

Have you purchased the tickets yet? I like to sit in sec. 109 for some games. Row one will put you right behind the bench and you will get close to the players but may not be able to see over them for some plays. I like to be 15 or more rows up so I can see over them and still see the players and coaches well.

I come in from Nebraska and have stayed at the hotel Nodak recommends and found it very good. Riding the light rail (train) in to the game is very convienient but is quite crowded unless you go a little early.

The downtown hotel I was at last year was the Best western Normandy( see link at bottom). It was older but adequate. Parking was cheap. About 8 blocks from the dome. I did have drunks next door keep me awake until 3 a.m.. But that can happen at any hotel.
    The parking by the dome gets more expensive as you get closer but you should never have to pay more than $20 if you drive.

Best Western Normandy
    link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g43323-d77006-Reviews-Best_Western_Normandy_Inn_Downtown-Minneapolis_Minnesota.html
    Hey, Wildwoman and I weren't drunk, we were just celebrating over and over and over again.
    And by the way, I was all the way across the hotel from ya.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "JeffSeimon" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Awesome!

Best Western Normandy
    link

Were you in the room next to Marrdro at the Normandy?
    :P
    I should have read a few more posts...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast