Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings: Ups and Downs

    [size=13pt]UPS AND DOWNS[/size]

    Last update: December 28, 2007 - 12:19 AM

    startribune.com

    The Vikings are within reach of a record-breaking offensive season. Their running game could set new team records, while their passing game could hit franchise lows. *The team records are for a 16-game season.....




    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    Third one from the Star I have tried to read but can't get past the title, by line and date.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    Kind of interesting.
    45 more rushing yards and we set a new team record for rushing.
    That one is pretty possible.
    We need less than 106 yards passing to set a new team low for passing, and that is actually pretty unlikely.

    This just demonstrates that we are a run-first team.
    Wish we would stick to that.
    When we run, we win.
    We wear down opposing defenses, and usually have huge second halves rushing.
    However, when we abandon the run - for whatever reason - we tend to lose...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    I think that the rushing record will be broken ( DUH ) and with a tiny bit of luck TJ will throw more than 105 yards
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I think that the rushing record will be broken ( DUH )
    I agree.

    and with a tiny bit of luck TJ will throw more than 105 yards
    I doubt it.
    Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    I am almost over last weeks game.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I think that the rushing record will be broken ( DUH )
    I agree.

    and with a tiny bit of luck TJ will throw more than 105 yards
    I doubt it.
    Sorry, just couldn't resist.
    I am almost over last weeks game.
    ;D
    200% he will have 150+
    Think positive it's better for the heart
    ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  7. #7
    Frostbite is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    966

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Kind of interesting.
    45 more rushing yards and we set a new team record for rushing.
    That one is pretty possible.
    We need less than 106 yards passing to set a new team low for passing, and that is actually pretty unlikely.

    This just demonstrates that we are a run-first team.
    Wish we would stick to that.
    When we run, we win.

    We wear down opposing defenses, and usually have huge second halves rushing.
    However, when we abandon the run - for whatever reason - we tend to lose...

    Not against the better defensive teams or teams that have better offensive tallent than we faced with regard to S.F and Chicago. Since when has our O-line been over-powering the 8-9 man stacked box...I mean dominating it?? We had some great running games but they were early in the season against regular run defense scheems.

    I would argue that since the Chargers game we have not been able to have an effective running attack because of predicatable running against those type of defenses.

    Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

  8. #8
    wilson is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    52

    Re: Vikings: Ups and Downs

    TJack just needs to throw a couple of swing passes out to AD or ever Chester, and they can do the work for him. That should get him over 100+ easily.

Similar Threads

  1. Four Downs: NFC North
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
  2. Vikings the best at 3rd downs...
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
  3. Third downs continue to be problematic for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 09:25 PM
  4. Top 50 Beat Downs (10-1)
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 09:46 AM
  5. The ups and downs of the NFL draft
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •