Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings Uniform Poll...being watched by Vikings marketing!

If i picture it in my head, a purple jersey with purple pants looks really whacked out. And a white jersey with purple pants? I'm having a tough time picturing that. Anybody heard any news on a release date?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    So there aren't any pictures to support the poll?
    Nope - no pictures as none have been released by the Vikes yet. It's more to get a general idea of how people feel about things.
    No-one outside of the Vikes organisation has seen any pictures of the changes they're looking at, so you'll have to use your imagination
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Prophet Guest

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    If i picture it in my head, a purple jersey with purple pants looks really whacked out. And a white jersey with purple pants? I'm having a tough time picturing that. Anybody heard any news on a release date?
    ...we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans
    Link

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jhirchak1" wrote:
    ...we'll look to have an unveiling later in the offseason for our fans
    Link
    I seem to recall reading that many years ago the Vikes used to wear purple pants with white jerseys for road games. That sound ok but have to agree that purple jerseys and pants may be a bit too much
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

I posted these in the other thread, but it seemed like nobody saw them or cared. I thought I did a fair job to make it somewhat realistic to give an idea of what it would look like with purple pants, at least at home. Hopefully they help you guys out with your poll choices:

Keeping yellow stripe:

Plain purple:

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

See, I hate Seattle's all blue home unis, and I can't imagine it would look much better in purple. I voted for the purple/white and white/purple combos.

RK.
    RK. is online now Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Re: Vikings Uniform Poll...being watched by Vikings marketin

If we have purple pants and jerseys you can just hear the jokes about Barney. Can you imagine Pat W all in purple. He would look like a giant blue berry. :lol:

WWBGD

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

purple pants are just a bad idea period. That picture even made Koren Robinson's butt look bad...which is hard to do :lol:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Boy, dis takes me back. I remember back when I was a punk kid, me and my boys would get home from da reform school and play dese football board games we had, Sports Illustrated Football, Strat-O-Matic, you name it. I especially liked da board games cause you rolled dice, and it kept me in practice for when we played craps.

One game we played a lot, was APBA Football. It had cards of all da players of da NFL teams, and you put togedda your lineup and went at it. I remember orderin' da game, and when it came in, lo and behold, on da cover of da game was a color photo of da Vikes playin' da Colts, Baltimore Colts back den, God bless 'em.

But, dere was sumpin' funny about dat picture. It showed da Vikes in dere away joiseys, but wit' poiple pants! And instead of da coicles around da shoulder pads, poiple-gold-poiple, dey had da revoise of da white stripes around da dark joisey sleeves, y'know? Da white joiseys had poiple stripes on da sleeves!

And, y'know, it wasn't really bad. It was different, but not bad. If dey do dat kinda ting, I won't get sore, y'know? Give 'em a retro kinda look.

Anyways, enough of trippin' down mammary lane, I voted for da away uniform to be white joiseys wit' poiple pants, and da home uniform to be poiple joiseys wit' white pants. But, tanks ta KJ, I got ta see what da home uniforms would look like wit' all poiple, an' dey don't look dat bad. Better wit' da gold stripe on 'em, tho. But me, I likes poiple, and it's a bedda color dan dat bowel-green color dat da Seahawks use, y'know?

Are da Vikes really gonna pay attention to dis poll? Dat would be sumpin'! We would have a say in what our Vikes look like, y'know?

Well, da screws are herdin' us back to our cells, so's I'll sees youse mugs later. SKOL, VIKES!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Anybody know when they are going to release pictures of the new uni's.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast