Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Vikings Uniform Poll...being watched by Vikings marketin

They were all repulsive !!!! I didn't like anything I saw. If the team were to go with something like what was shown, we're going to look like a XFL team !!!!!!!!!!! If a change has to be made, why not do like your beloved Giants Wilf,go throwback. In 2000 the Giants went back to the look of their old days, and it wasn't bad. Why not do the same here. Why not keep the helmet the same, but put a grey facemask on it. Go back to the jerseys the Vikings used up to 1995. Keep the white pants the same, the NFL dosen't market them anyway.Go back to black shoes.On the road , go back to the original "road" jerseys, white with purple and yellow stripes on the sleeves. That's a change that could produce $$$, wouldn't drastically alter the look of the team, and not upset the fans. The thought of purple on purple at home is nasty! I remember when the movie
    "On Any Given Sunday" came out, the NFL made it clear that NO team in that film could resemble a NFL team. I remeber people in the lobby after the movie ended laughing at the silly uniforms in the film. "Black helmets, jerseys, and pants, how crappy that looked, no NFL team would ever look like that" was a comment I heard that I always think of when the Jaguars and Ravens go with that look.Damm if they don't look just like the Miami Sharks. Or when, a couple seasons ago, alot of teams statred to wear the same color jersey and pants. The Bears in blue from head to toe. The Broncos, Chargers,Cards,Saints, and Bills also started to sport the same color jersey and pants.IMO, it looks like something a high schol team would wear. I also remember an old NFL Films story of back in the mid 60's , the Vikings , on "one" Sunday, wore purple jerseys and purple pants, and how Bud Grant FORBIDDED them from ever doing that again.And thank GOD they haven't, 'till now?
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Minnesota1975 is offline Training Camp

Well, Ive been a Viking fan for a long long time now...so i guess i can speak my mind. I like the Signature with Bud Grant on it...but its a little early to be honoring Brad Childress with such accolades as of yet.
    Hopefully....we'll see

until then

GO BALDY!

Just think When Detroit comes to town with marinelli it'll be battle of the baldy's.....he could use a little height too

Viking fan since 1974!

I just gotta say this because ive read a few times that people have a problem with our current Home uniform????
    The damn thing looks fine,,,so dont be an ass...whoever you are. Purple on purple on purple? It actually happened for one game against the Lions back in 1964(when the vikes had Purple pants for their away uni's)
    How many knew that....so anyway...That wouldnt bother me.....but quit making the AWAY uni out to be ok....THATS the one you can go ahead a F with

goodnite

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

wat about these?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

bender_over is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings Uniform Poll...being watched by Vikings marketing!

http://vikingsboard.net/mypictures/JCDC.bmp

These are concepts from the end of 2004. I like the logos - battle axe logo on pants (not a big fan of it being an alternate helmet), modern twist on the norseman, modern twist on the horns on the helmet.

I don't really like the jersey/pant combinations though. Maybe if they did away with the gold alternate pants and made the purple pants the alternate pants. Then use the white pants as both the standard for the home and away jerseys.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

Keep the purple shirts and white pants for home games and the white shirts with purple pants for away games.

No yellow or black shirts or pants ever.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

those are definitly better than wat i saw they were gonna use. i like em.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

"bender_over" wrote:
    http://vikingsboard.net/mypictures/JCDC.bmp

These are concepts from the end of 2004. I like the logos - battle axe logo on pants (not a big fan of it being an alternate helmet), modern twist on the norseman, modern twist on the horns on the helmet.

I don't really like the jersey/pant combinations though. Maybe if they did away with the gold alternate pants and made the purple pants the alternate pants. Then use the white pants as both the standard for the home and away jerseys.
    it looks like what we have now gay, i want a drastic change

SharperImage42

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

Why do we have to change? Man, some of these teams come out with some pretty ugly unis...Bengals and Lions come to mind. Let's stay with what we got....please.

It would be great if the Vikings stayed with what they had but went darker on the purple and used purple pants(occasionally...like the Eagles?)

No Yellow/Gold jersey or pants......thats pretty F'd up.

Actually the best uniforms the viking s EVER had was 1972-73 when(quite a few teams actually!) were void of those all to common stripes. Dolphins,Cardinals, Raiders, and VIKINGS(see the game against dallas for the chamionship 1973 victory 27-10) The Vikings NEVER looked mightier than in that game....what a classic!

Anyway iF yoU C Kay, tell her i said "Hi"

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast