Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings - Two-back plans remain a secret

[size=13pt]Two-back plans remain a secret[/size]

Vikings using preseason for longer look at Peterson

BY DON SEEHOLZER
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 08/25/2007 12:49:04 AM CDT

Midway through the exhibition season, exactly how the Vikings plan to deploy their new running back rotation is still largely a mystery, and tonight's third game might not do much to clear things up....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vikings - Two-back plans remain a secret

I think Peterson is going to get a lot of carries because he is the better back. Then again Taylor should get a lot also because of our lack of a passing game(I know, I know, unproven). I just think when the regular season comes around and every win is very important they are going to have a tough time not giving the ball to Peterson 25 times a game.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I really want them to use them in a rotation schedule with AP the main back lined up behind The fullback.

Maybe they are going to try the Wishbone. TJ, AP,CT and Memo.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

the way i think it will be is both will be in the backfield at the same time.That way u can hand off to either one of them and the other guy can be the lead blocker instead of a fullback.Plus you can trick the opposition with reverses.I think playaction
    will be better than ever i think.Just imagine two starting RB's in the backfield at the same time.PERFECT TIME TO PASS!PLus u can do the reggie buch thing and send them out in the flats from the backfield or like them up as WR's to create mismatches against the linebackers (in obvious passing situations)

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

My guess is that AP will get the majority of the carries with CT being a 3rd down back that also gets a couple series per game.
    They will probably be in the game at the same time every once in a while, but that will mainly be to create mismatches in the passing game with some runs mixed in to make the catches out of the backfield less predictible.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

they both played really well tonight chester taylor is playing like he has something to prove, love it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very simple in my mind.......

The WCO puts a beating on the backs when it comes to blocking. That my friends equates to a FB in the backfield with at least CT or AD so that we don't beat them to death picking up blocks or acting like a lead blocker for the other one.

The RB's role in the WCO is to catch and run the ball.
    Both CT and AD can run and catch.
    Sure AD seems to be a homerun hitter while CT is more of a plodder (probably a bad word but my head isn't working right this am).
    Regardless they both are good enough to cause the opposing D's coordinator to second guess his alignment with a FB and RB in the backfield.

The chess match will be when the situations warrants how will the Chiller and company catch the defense off thier guard (i.e. them playing the run).
    At times like that you will see them both on the field at times during the game but it won't be a common thing.

Last night against the Seachickens had alot of indicators on how they will be used. (IMHO)

Bottom line up front we will see a lot of our base offensive sets with a FB and a RB in the backfield with a few opportunities for them to both be in at the same time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Taylor looks thicker than I remember seeing him last year. His legs and arms look like he has really been working his body hard in the gym. His running last night was hard and productive as he seems to be much more comfortable than even last year with knowing where the holes will be and when they will open.

AP looks good running, although I would like to see them both catching more short screen passes.

The right side of the line looked very good in the rushing game. The backs got great productivity off the right side. Much improved over last year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Taylor looks thicker than I remember seeing him last year. His legs and arms look like he has really been working his body hard in the gym. His running last night was hard and productive as he seems to be much more comfortable than even last year with knowing where the holes will be and when they will open.

AP looks good running, although I would like to see them both catching more short screen passes.

The right side of the line looked very good in the rushing game. The backs got great productivity off the right side. Much improved over last year.
    With the exception of Cook's two false start penalties.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

With the exception of Cook's two false start penalties.
    I commented about that in the Post Game rant thread. I was just focusing on the backs here. I think one of his penalties came on a passing play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast