Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings and Twins 9/19

WOW downtown is going to be crazy busy. Good thing I finally get to chill after a game. Man am I going to be drunk. I might pull a Trent and try to take a newspaper stand.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Vikings and Twins 9/19

jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:
    Yeah i see what you're saying.

Are there (cheap) tickets for the game readily available?.. if you had to get them off stub hub or whatever and they weren't cheap then i would give it a miss as no point spending your hard earned when you may only catch the last couple of innings.
    I would probably just buy standing room only ticket still available from the twins. Cost is only $20, but after fees probably closer to $30.
    By the time you got out of the dome and caught the train and got over there... you'd catch maybe one or 2 innings, if that. You're better off drinking a victory beer and enjoying the first home game of the season IMO
    This is kind of what I'm thinking...in fact I"d be really surprised if you actually got to take in 2 innings.

Game gets out at 3:15.
    Wade throgh crowds, wait in line for train 3:35.
    Take train to Target field 3:45
    Buy tickets get inside stadium 4:00 Game is probably already over.

Or you could drive to big lake hop on the train and take in a full game some other day without having to drive all the way into the cities. Except for one remaining twins game, the Northstar train will be servicing every other Twins game for the remainder of the season.
    Yeah anyone can go to a twins game, I want to go to a Vikings and Twins game in the same day. It's a unique opportunity.
    I hear ya, and that is great...but that still doesn't resolve the fact that the game will probably be over by the time you get there...and even if it isn't over you'll probably be lucky to watch an inning.

I realize anybody can go to a Twins game, but for me the value of taking in 9 innings of the beautiful Target Field for $25 beats out watching 1 inning for the same price with only benefit of being able to brag I was at both in the same day.

It would be awesome if it was a night game. Than It would be an awesome idea.

triedandtruevikesfan is online now Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    WOW downtown is going to be crazy busy. Good thing I finally get to chill after a game. Man am I going to be drunk. I might pull a Trent and try to take a newspaper stand.
    LMAO!!!! that is one of my favorite memories of last season.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

Are there (cheap) tickets for the game readily available?.. if you had to get them off stub hub or whatever and they weren't cheap then i would give it a miss as no point spending your hard earned when you may only catch the last couple of innings.
    I would probably just buy standing room only ticket still available from the twins. Cost is only $20, but after fees probably closer to $30.
    By the time you got out of the dome and caught the train and got over there... you'd catch maybe one or 2 innings, if that. You're better off drinking a victory beer and enjoying the first home game of the season IMO
    This is kind of what I'm thinking...in fact I"d be really surprised if you actually got to take in 2 innings.

Or you could drive to big lake hop on the train and take in a full game some other day without having to drive all the way into the cities. Except for one remaining twins game, the Northstar train will be servicing every other Twins game for the remainder of the season.
    Yeah anyone can go to a twins game, I want to go to a Vikings and Twins game in the same day. It's a unique opportunity.
    I hear ya, and that is great...but that still doesn't resolve the fact that the game will probably be over by the time you get there...and even if it isn't over you'll probably be lucky to watch an inning.

I realize anybody can go to a Twins game, but for me the value of taking in 9 innings of the beautiful Target Field for $25 beats out watching 1 inning for the same price with only benefit of being able to brag I was at both in the same day.

Yeah but you can't really see a nine inning game for $25. You have to pay for transportation and spend money to get drunk. The beauty would be your already there and your already drunk(and already arranged sober cab and paid for parking).
    The timing is the big problem. In my perfect world you would leave the Vikings game by 2:30 and be to target field by 3:00 with a good hour hour left in the game. Your timeline is probably closer to what would actually happen.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

Yeah but you can't really see a nine inning game for $25. You have to pay for transportation and spend money to get drunk. The beauty would be your already there and your already drunk(and already arranged sober cab and paid for parking).
    The timing is the big problem. In my perfect world you would leave the Vikings game by 2:30 and be to target field by 3:00 with a good hour hour left in the game. Your timeline is probably closer to what would actually happen.
    Yeah, I guess if it was a blow out you could leave the Vikings game a bit early...that or hope for extra innings. It's worth tracking that day. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Except he FAILED to bring it back to the next game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

Can't miss out on the first post-Victory Grain Belt of the year!!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

=Z=
    Truth be told he failed to get it all the way to the car from the tailgate lot. Once the helpers saw police in proximity everyone got scared and left him hanging. Too difficult to drag the remaining three blocks to the car by self so gave up.

Not to mention the big burly guy with his own personal tailgate mini biff who threatened great physical harm for eyeing up his biffy...at least that's how I remember it.

triedandtruevikesfan is online now Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:

=Z=
    Truth be told he failed to get it all the way to the car from the tailgate lot. Once the helpers saw police in proximity everyone got scared and left him hanging. Too difficult to drag the remaining three blocks to the car by self so gave up.

Not to mention the big burly guy with his own personal tailgate mini biff who threatened great physical harm for eyeing up his biffy...at least that's how I remember it.
    And me jumping in the middle hoping that the guy wouldn't hit a girl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12