Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Vikings and Twins 9/19

Vikings play the home opener at 12:00. Twins play the Athletics at 1:10. Definetly going to the Vikings but thinking about getting twins tickets in hopes of catching the train over to target field to get the end of the twins game.

Good idea? thoughts?

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings and Twins 9/19

Any Vikings game > Any baseball.
    We're bringing purple back.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Tough one.. If that is the only time you can get there then i'd say go for it, but if not then it just doesnt seem worth the hassle to me.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Johnson14 wrote:
    Tough one.. If that is the only time you can get there then i'd say go for it, but if not then it just doesnt seem worth the hassle to me.
    Not the only time. But it would be less hassle because I'm already downtown, though I suppose the train is packed right after the Vikings game.

Yeah i see what you're saying.

Are there (cheap) tickets for the game readily available?.. if you had to get them off stub hub or whatever and they weren't cheap then i would give it a miss as no point spending your hard earned when you may only catch the last couple of innings.

Johnson14 wrote:

Are there (cheap) tickets for the game readily available?.. if you had to get them off stub hub or whatever and they weren't cheap then i would give it a miss as no point spending your hard earned when you may only catch the last couple of innings.
    I would probably just buy standing room only ticket still available from the twins. Cost is only $20, but after fees probably closer to $30.

If you're happy to cram onto a train after the game/after game celebratory beer and pay $30 for a couple of innings then go for it mate.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

I would probably just buy standing room only ticket still available from the twins. Cost is only $20, but after fees probably closer to $30.
    By the time you got out of the dome and caught the train and got over there... you'd catch maybe one or 2 innings, if that. You're better off drinking a victory beer and enjoying the first home game of the season IMO

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

By the time you got out of the dome and caught the train and got over there... you'd catch maybe one or 2 innings, if that. You're better off drinking a victory beer and enjoying the first home game of the season IMO
    This is kind of what I'm thinking...in fact I"d be really surprised if you actually got to take in 2 innings.

Game gets out at 3:15.
    Wade throgh crowds, wait in line for train 3:35.
    Take train to Target field 3:45
    Buy tickets get inside stadium 4:00 Game is probably already over.

Or you could drive to big lake hop on the train and take in a full game some other day without having to drive all the way into the cities. Except for one remaining twins game, the Northstar train will be servicing every other Twins game for the remainder of the season.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Johnson14 wrote:

This is kind of what I'm thinking...in fact I"d be really surprised if you actually got to take in 2 innings.

Game gets out at 3:15.
    Wade throgh crowds, wait in line for train 3:35.
    Take train to Target field 3:45
    Buy tickets get inside stadium 4:00 Game is probably already over.

Or you could drive to big lake hop on the train and take in a full game some other day without having to drive all the way into the cities. Except for one remaining twins game, the Northstar train will be servicing every other Twins game for the remainder of the season.
    Yeah anyone can go to a twins game, I want to go to a Vikings and Twins game in the same day. It's a unique opportunity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast