Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings turn the corner!

When will this team turn the corner and become a contender?

Or have they already, and few are able to recognize it?

Comparing this years team to last years, makes it look like ground hog day or the twilight zone for the most part.The depth of ineptitude has exceeded all expectation too many times.

Blame has been spread around, among fans, like a bong at a Cheech and Chong festival!

But there are subtle signs of change that can't be overlooked.

In the past I have asked, How can you lose with the top ranked rushing team, rushing defense and special teams?

That question remains valid even if we aren't at the very top in all categories.

The difference now, as opposed to earlier in the season, is the recognition that Peterson is the key. Chester has a role in the offense but Peterson is the key.The coaching staff seems to get it finally.

The offensive players realize it and appear to be very willing to block for him.

The defense appears to be inspired and fired up with the prospect of a team that can win.

A quarterback with enough accuracy to convert
    a few first downs and occasionally be able to go long on a play action is all that's needed now.

And despite my reservations to the contrary ,Bollinger might be that guy. He is accurate and moves well.

So have the Vikings finally turned the corner?

Maybe. Maybe not.

But I find it interesting that a number of Green Bay fans are once again concerned about this weekends invasion from the north.

And this weeks game should tell us if the team has gone from pretender to contender.

I predict a win.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: Vikings turn the corner!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Comparing this years team to last years, makes it look like ground hog day or the twilight zone for the most part.The depth of ineptitude has exceeded all expectation too many times.

Blame has been spread around, among fans, like a bong at a Cheech and Chong festival!

In the past I have asked, How can you lose with the top ranked rushing team, rushing defense and special teams?

That question remains valid even if we aren't at the very top in all categories.

The difference now, as opposed to earlier in the season, is the recognition that Peterson is the key. Chester has a role in the offense but Peterson is the key.The coaching staff seems to get it finally.

The offensive players realize it and appear to be very willing to block for him.

The defense appears to be inspired and fired up with the prospect of a team that can win.

a few first downs and occasionally be able to go long on a play action is all that's needed now.
    And despite my reservations to the contrary ,Bollinger might be that guy. He is accurate and moves well.

Maybe. Maybe not.

But I find it interesting that a number of Green Bay fans are once again concerned about this weekends invasion from the north.

And this weeks game should tell us if the team has gone from pretender to contender.

I predict a win.

Hi jargomcfargo......Isn't that what we got from Brooks Bollinger last week??

As far as contender.....No. We are not fully there yet, but then again are any NFC teams truly there?? If if GB wins the right to go to the SB are they going to beat either of the top AFC teams they might face?

Change is good and we are making positive strides. We need a few more soild position players and a little better Coaching and we are there.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

It's quite possible....We did land on Boardwalk when it came to getting Peterson. The most important aspect is our defense though. Either way, I think we'll take the pack by suprise this week
    Sean Saunders

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not.

I predict a win.

As far as contender.....No. We are not fully there yet, but then again are any NFC teams truly there?? If if GB wins the right to go to the SB are they going to beat either of the top AFC teams they might face?

Change is good and we are making positive strides. We need a few more soild position players and a little better Coaching and we are there.

Cheers!

Frost, Its nice to see im not the only Bollinger supporter out here. I really think he deserves a shot. He seems to be providing just enoug hleadership and ball control to keep our offense moving and the team in games. I am excited to see what he can do in the GB game.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not.

I predict a win.

Cheers!

Frost, Its nice to see im not the only Bollinger supporter out here. I really think he deserves a shot. He seems to be providing just enoug hleadership and ball control to keep our offense moving and the team in games. I am excited to see what he can do in the GB game.

Thanks tgorsegner. We are not the only ones either though. I really am not on a Brooks Bollinger Bandwagon or anything either. I am a firm believer in rewarding players that perform with opportunities to play and do even more. I just feel Brooks did exactly what jargomefargo posted in the thread that he wanted to see. We got some first downs with some accurate good throws and along T.D. play to Rice from a deeper thrown pass play.

A.P. is carrying quite a load on his shoulders right now, but his supporting cast seems to be helping out more each week.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Good points by all!
    Oh yeah I'll throw in my hat for Brooks for QB too!
    ;D

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

BINGO!!! We know have a play maker that the team can rally behind. We can use him to decoy, and to make the plays.

The D was really pumped last week, and it showed.

I was going to write a Thread about it finally being the vikings turn to be the miracle dark horse team. Often times it's the giants, eagles, or cowboys that come back the second half of the season, well, this year it's the vikings turn to be the second half team. We'll let the giants or lions collapse (the wildcard contenders this year IMO) like the vikings have in the past couple years.

p.s... mark my name for the BB crew
    i m better than you, so just give up...

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

jargomcfargo is spot on with the entire post

What a opportunity this is for BB if he can sustain just the level he already has set...then improve as the weeks go by and his confidence builds, their are great possibilities for him

Will he get the chance, because all I ever here is TJs the guy...no matter how many times TJ faulters he gets backed by the Coach like he can do no wrong....

Hopefully they give BB 1/2 that chance, it seems hes earned that

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

the last two games BB has looked and played good.I think if we give AD more than 12 carries (im thinking 25) and let BB start we have a legit chance to win this game.I hope AD rushes for another 200 Yards

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

i wouldn't say it's turning a corner.

but more like, clicking as a unit.

review the year so far. We have been stout in allowing TD's.
    we give up more passing yards then most but we also face more passing plays then all!!
    our run D is still a brick wall. only Dallas put up some close to big #'s on us.
    No1 has beat us like we did the Chargers.

What i see is a team building it's chemistry, Units coming together, such as.

WR's.. running routes, making catches, and BLOCKING!! for the run game.

RB's being just dominant.. (i won't make this an all hail AP piece) making those cuts when needed, and using their blockers in the scheme's designed to maximize the run game.
    Also pass blocking is getting better for both AP and CT. this tandem can only get BETTER!!

FB's are leading the way.. picking up that extra man and creating those seams our RB's need. also TR and his students will be the reason we'll have confidence in the 3rd and short.. or 4thand short.

OL.. my god.. did they just make a statement with that chargers game.. If that's how we block, move the line, and protect.. we will be in GREAT shape for the rest of the year! and that multi million line will become well worth the $

TE's.. I have to give bchill some credit.. Shianco is a stud!
    the Flyin-Saucer hits like a Mac Truck!! dugan is coming.. but I think he's still in the between FB and TE faze.

QB here's our concern.. Holycrap is done.. out.. emergency at best and even then i cringe.. BB and Tjack are our best options at this point. Now.. what we need is someone to control the ball.. Keep handing off until the D so blindly pushes to stop AP (if they can) like last weekend. BB didn't even fake the hand off.. and the entire D bit..
    5-7 rushing plays.. and bam a quick shot.. a few play-actions here and there and the quick slants to keep corners honest. we don't need our qb to disect a defence.. that's what Ap-CT do!!
    so is there new confidence in this role for our 2 young qb's?
    i'd say Yes!

Defensively

Dline.. BIG.. STRONG.. and MEAN... the rushes are coming better.. and they are working soo well together!!

LB'rs.. this is an area we were supposed to be sloppy in.. but MAN is EJ-H a thankful suprise!! Greenway is getting better and better. He's there making tackles.. been burnt a few times in the passing but this is his.. real first year.. he will pick his game up and I believe be one of the better lbr's in the league.
    Leber.. i have really liked this kid since we got him in the FA.. he's go go go go go all the time and OLmen are really getting chewed out by their qb's because of him!! we have youth in the background and i hope they learn from what these 3 are doing.

Corners.
    AW.. he's still one of the meanest, hard hitting CB's in the league. I hope he uses what he saw from the sidelines last week and just comes out with the ProBowl performances we know he's capable of. other then him.. we were supposed to be weak due to the rookie/youth contigent at this position. but the kids are stepping up. and playing WELL.. learning from AW has to help, and i can only see them getting better.

SS, FS
    -
    with the mix of players we have here.. it's a blessing in disguise!!
    Sharper is still a force!! Tank-Dwight can mix it up with any1 and the crew that mix in and out are really starting to shine!! ok we had some instances were we got beat for no reason.. or we gave up big plays for really stupid reasons. but the last 2 games i've noticed a new attitude back in the saftey players. and they aren't gonna the ones who loose a game for us again!!

so.. is this turning a corner?
    i don't think so. i would more call it.. This is the Vision that the triangle of power started to put together. This is the snapshot of the future of the Vikings. When the team fully buys in and we have all the players fitting in what the coaches-front office deems nessessary, then we'll reach that contender name.. maybe even move it to Dominator!!!

for now. i'm happy with watching this processes unfold before my eyes!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast