Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings focus on trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper bein replaced

"so-cal" wrote:
    [quote]
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Minnesota: Home of the Bandwagon Fan!
    Yet the out-of-state fans are the die-hards, which brings me to my next point.

"Frostbite]<br" wrote:

If you live out of state and have never seen your favorite team play at home, of course you'd take any opportunity to see them play.
    I'm going to do whatever I can to see the Vikes in the dome next season, regardless of their standing.
    To further my point, I love going to see the LA Kings play hockey but I will not go to another game until Blake is no longer Captain or they make it to the playoffs.
    I'm sure that doesn't matter to an out-of-state Kings fan.
    Just remember to give me an ample heads up ahead of time. We'll see what I can do to hook you up with tickets. Screw the brokers.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Metrodump is offline Starter

Re: Vikings trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper being replaced

3 million peeps live in the minneapolis metro, and we struggle to scrape 64,000 tix sold every week. Green bay be like only 100,000 total population, and they are sold out foreva.

CAN SOMEONE ESPLAIN THIS TO ME??????

"Metrodump" wrote:
    3 million peeps live in the minneapolis metro, and we struggle to scrape 64,000 tix sold every week. Green bay be like only 100,000 total population, and they are sold out foreva.

CAN SOMEONE ESPLAIN THIS TO ME??????
    How many games have you been to this year while living in St. Paul?

What are you's...an itailian? Answer a question by asking a question?

You can chalk me up as part of the problem I ask of, as I aint been to no games this year. I work almost all weekends.

Okay, now here is where you can answer my above question of why 3 million folks live in the twin cities, and yet they struggle to muster up a measly 64,000......At the same time Green bay, a city just over 100,000, is cramming 70,000+ every single home game, and has been doing it for 50 years.

Why such a huge difference?? Both Minn ans Wisc are boff 5 million + in populations. The cheeseheads have never been called "fair weather fans" Like we are here in Minn.

Elaborate......

"Metrodump" wrote:

You can chalk me up as part of the problem I ask of, as I aint been to no games this year. I work almost all weekends.

Okay, now here is where you can answer my above question of why 3 million folks live in the twin cities, and yet they struggle to muster up a measly 64,000......At the same time Green bay, a city just over 100,000, is cramming 70,000+ every single home game, and has been doing it for 50 years.

Why such a huge difference?? Both Minn ans Wisc are boff 5 million + in populations. The cheeseheads have never been called "fair weather fans" Like we are here in Minn.

Elaborate......
    You'll have to ask those 3 million people. All I can tell you is I drive 120 miles one way & go to every Vikings home game, pre-season & regular season & have been dong so for my 8th year.

Singersp , Hey good on ya for dat attendence record.

But fo years I be wondering why so few folks want to see the vikes games at home. I have always thought it was the damned roof over the place. I just dont get it ?????????????????

"Metrodump" wrote:

But fo years I be wondering why so few folks want to see the vikes games at home. I have always thought it was the damned roof over the place. I just dont get it ?????????????????
    It's not the roof.

Maybe it's the high beer prices at the dome & DWI laws.

In Wisconsin, they just don't give a damn. Why do you think they have there own jail in Lambeau stadium?

Winning would sure help a lot as well.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Metrodump" wrote:

Elaborate......
    You may be part of the problem metrodump, lol.
    The Packers sell out because 1). Green Bay is a one horse town, 2). they've been around since your grandpa, who had no one else to follow, and probably is a Packer fan.
    Also, many people I've talked to in the Twin Cities area are big Vikings fans, but are spoiled by being able to watch every game on TV.
    They would rather just sit on their couch and watch the game - they have a better view, they don't have to worry about controversial replays not being shown on the big screen, plus it's cheaper and less hassle.

Many large metro areas have trouble selling out.
    Much of it has to do with the success of the team.
    We haven't seen a lot of success in recent years, and thus not as much interest.
    If there is no improvement in the team the remainder of this year, and there is no hope of improvement for next year, i.e. a decent QB, or coach (or both), next year will have several blackouts.

Here's a bit of a rant, from a true - season ticket holding fan (rip on me if you'd like):
    The fans have to have a reason to attend.
    I, personally, have been to 6 losses in a row at the dome (including pre-season), and I'm a bit numb.
    I've always chosen the best games for myself and have given other games to employees.
    I've finally got to the point now where I won't personally go to a home game unless there's a legitimate chance to win.
    I therefore gave away my Eagles and Chargers tickets to my employees.
    My plan is to attend the Raiders because that seems like a winnable game.
    Don't get me wrong I would love to see us win against the Chargers, but I've lost a lot of confidence in our team at home.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Metrodump" wrote:

It isn't the roof.
    The old met had less than 49,000 seats, and it didn't sell out on a consistent basis either.
    It is the fair weather fans...
    >
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

The whole idea of a BLACKOUT is stupid. In Arizona before the new stadium it was just TOO HOT to be at the football game. If you build a stadium with public tax dollars then it should not be black out. This is a stupid RULE that needs to be removed.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast