Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper being replaced

[size=13pt]Bad for business[/size]

November 1st, 2007 – 10:26 PM
    by Judd Zulgad
    startribune.com

The Vikings were able to avoid a blackout for Sunday’s game against the Chargers when WCCO-TV (Ch. 4) agreed to purchase the remaining 700 tickets. Vikings execs now will focus on trying to move the 5,000 tickets left for the Nov. 18 game against Oakland. That game also is supposed to be on WCCO.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings focus on trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper bein replaced

The Humpty Dumb seats 64,000+ for football.
    What's considered a sellout?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings focus on trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper bein replaced

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The Humpty Dumb seats 64,000+ for football.
    What's considered a sellout?
    i heard its like 62,000 to be considered a sellout, idk for sure tho

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Frostbite is offline Coach

I'm kind of surprised by this even though it's been a losing season so far. I would have thought all home games would be sold out regardless.

The Raiders game not being sold out makes even less sense to me because that is a contest we have a real shot to win.

Hmmm. It's so hard being an out of state fan and trying to get a perspective on these types of issues.
    Nice to see you locals posting Info like this for fans like me.

Thanks.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm kind of surprised by this even though it's been a losing season so far. I would have thought all home games would be sold out regardless.

The Raiders game not being sold out makes even less sense to me because that is a contest we have a real shot to win.

Hmmm. It's so hard being an out of state fan and trying to get a perspective on these types of issues.
    Nice to see you locals posting Info like this for fans like me.

Thanks.

Cheers!
    Minnesota: Home of the Bandwagon Fan!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings focus on trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper bein repl

Potential blackouts do not bode well for Chili's job security.

I have said it previously, I am not buying tickets to another Childress coached game unless improvement is proven. I am not gonna buy tickets on hype or upside. This is probably the most supportive thing I can do as a fan.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Frostbite is offline Coach

I mean no disrespect to you happycamper but I for one would give two pints of blood...a kidney and my left Testi for a chance to go to a Vikings Home game. I understand your reasoning in a way but does one coach make any of us less devoted or more devoted to the organization as a whole?

Again....not being there in Minnesota or even in the surrounding area makes it hard to get an accurate perspective on this.

I respect your opinion, but I'd buy a ticket to a home game....if I was living there....in a heartbeat...Childress not withstanding.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings focus on trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper bein repl

Here's the thing, Frostbite. I do not believe that not buying tickets to games is less supportive of the team. I will not be buying tickets for a Childress coached game, likely ever again. But I will still be on here every day. I will still be reading the paper every day. I will still wear my Winfield jersey and Peterson jersey for at least 16 Sundays a year. I will still watch every game on TV, unless it is blacked out then I will listen to it.

I think if the Vikings sold out every game this year easily, Childress would be back next year regardless of record. I do not want to contribute to Chili's job security. And I do think that is more supportive of the team than if I went to every single game. Tough love is sometimes required.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Yet the out-of-state fans are the die-hards, which brings me to my next point.

[quote author=Frostbite]
    I respect your opinion, but I'd buy a ticket to a home game....if I was living there....in a heartbeat...Ch ildress not withstanding.

Cheers![/quote]

If you live out of state and have never seen your favorite team play at home, of course you'd take any opportunity to see them play.
    I'm going to do whatever I can to see the Vikes in the dome next season, regardless of their standing.
    To further my point, I love going to see the LA Kings play hockey but I will not go to another game until Blake is no longer Captain or they make it to the playoffs.
    I'm sure that doesn't matter to an out-of-state Kings fan.

Metrodump is offline Starter

Re: Vikings trying to prevent Raiders blackout with Culpepper being replaced

There must be alota truff in dat. I could never figgure out why the cheeseheads pack 70,000 into they house for the last 50+ years, yet we struggle to get the game sold out at the Metrodump. We be talkin about just 100 consecutive games. Dass lame. Fair weather fans is all I be sayin.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast