Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings try to reverse slower ticket sales

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "damien927" wrote:
    you can't really do the halprice/day of the game with the NFL.
    I believe the games have to be sold out 72 hrs (or something like that) before the game or it is blacked out.
    They could do it the week before, that might work well.
    THe only problem with that is the NFL might have restrictions on what teams can do to prevent a blackout.
    THey might not allow the dicounted tickets.
    Prior to '98 wasn't there a local company in MN that bought up remaining tickets to prevent games getting blacked out?
    Is that still allowed by the NFL or did they put a stop to it ?
    Don't know about that - but I'm positive that the NFL doesn't care who owns the tickets, just that someone does.
    A good portion of the Redskins tickets, for example, are purchased by lobbying companies so that they can schmooze politicos at the games.
    Lots of those end up not being used.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

We never really had a problem with it after that. But the company was General Mills.
    The thing that people seem to forget is that the image of ths team has been hurt quite a bit with all of the off the feild issues. even when we had non winning seasons we would still sell out. We still had some problems here and there but nothing compaired to the last 12 or so months.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

From what I remember the team had alot of games that didn't sell out prior to getting Randy Moss. Even during the years when we had strong teams in the late 80's and the stadium wasn't that old ( Even though it sucked) they had trouble selling out games.

Does anybody have historical info on attendance of the dome since it opened?

Prophet Guest

I went to most of the games at the old met and my family had season tickets.
    It was tough to get extra tickets many times.
    I don't know the official numbers, but the stadium appeared full to me...then again, I was busy watching the game...and trying to stay warm.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If the ticket prices are the 6th highest in the league ($71) when they are playing in a 20 something year old 50 million dollar stadium,
    what kind of mortgage will you need to buy a ticket when they open the new 650-700 million dollar stadium?
    While the $71 price tag might look high to many of you, there are plenty of tix for less than half of that, with $111 being the highest.

Here is a link to the stadium seat pricing;

[size=13pt]Metrodome Seating & Pricing Charts[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Tickets: Sell-out streak in jeopardy[/size]

Last update: September 07, 2006 – 6:37 PM

The Vikings faced slow ticket sales this summer for the first time since their streak of 86 consecutive sellouts began in 1998. While season ticket renewals have remained steady at about 90 percent, individual game ticket sales have dropped "a few percentage points," said Steve LaCroix, vice president of sales and marketing.
    As a result, the Vikings still had tickets available for all eight home games when this section went to press. Games that don't sell out are subject to blackouts, an eventuality LaCroix discounts.

"We have some work to do," LaCroix said. "Certainly to have tickets available for all of our games, when in the past at this time we've had some games where they were completely gone, suggests that. But you're mostly looking at the back end of the season as far as where the availability is."

Asked what has caused the sales drop -- a lack of marquee player names, the economy, a glut of sports choices in the Twin Cities market -- LaCroix said: "Probably all of the above and more. There are a lot of factors out there."

While both preseason games sold out this summer, LaCroix confirmed there were more than 12,000 no-shows for both -- meaning about 51,000 fans attended each game. LaCroix called those figures "typical" for previous preseasons.

KEVIN SEIFERT

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12