Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Training camp Postcard:SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/08/06/vikings.postcard/index.html

I love how there is a picture of jackson throwing the ball with his right arm soon as you open the link and it says "the viking season rests on jacksons left arm".....stupid

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Training camp Postcars:SI.com

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jim_trotter/08/06/vikings.postcard/index.html

I love how there is a picture of jackson throwing the ball with his right arm soon as you open the link and it says "the viking season rests on jacksons left arm".....stupid
    "Post Cards"

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Training camp Postcars:SI.com

"Zeus" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:

"Post Cards"

=Z=
    Fixed Ty

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Training camp Postcard:SI.com

"thevikingfan" wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson knows the Vikings' chances this season ride on his left arm.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:

That's the one he uses to hand-off to Purple Jesus.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Prophet" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:

Well yeah he throws with his right arm so he must carry the team with his left, makes perfect sense.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Too bad he put "left arm" in his article
    :-\.
    The rest of it, especially the part about the defense wasn't too bad.
    I also liked Chilly's points about Berrian being a "tough ass."
    Kinda classic, old school coaches observation...makes me tremble.
    Cannot wait for the Seahags replay at 11:30pm Friday on NFL Network!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Well, I also like this quote from the article, about Tarvaris:

"The guy has kind of a Tiger Woods mentality: He worries about things he can control, not things he can't," says quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers. "He's really good with that kind of thing. He really competes against himself every day. He's very professional. You'll never see any kind of outward emotion from him. He knows the world of pro football and the hard, cold facts of what goes on. But he's concerned about what Tarvaris Jackson does."

Sounds o.k. to me. I particularly like "stoic" QBs. I am talking about Tom Brady and guys like that. Culpepper was like that (despite the occasional cheering after he threw a TD). I hate QBs who mope and whine on the field (Joey Harrington being the prototype of that type of guy).

I also agree that our defense could be "very scary". I am looking forward to that a LOT this year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"StillPurple" wrote:

"The guy has kind of a Tiger Woods mentality: He worries about things he can control, not things he can't," says quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers. "He's really good with that kind of thing. He really competes against himself every day. He's very professional. You'll never see any kind of outward emotion from him. He knows the world of pro football and the hard, cold facts of what goes on. But he's concerned about what Tarvaris Jackson does."

Sounds o.k. to me. I particularly like "stoic" QBs. I am talking about Tom Brady and guys like that. Culpepper was like that (despite the occasional cheering after he threw a TD). I hate QBs who mope and whine on the field (Joey Harrington being the prototype of that type of guy).

I also agree that our defense could be "very scary". I am looking forward to that a LOT this year.
    I remember Culpepper moping around and whining quite a bit... he was constantly bickering at teammates.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:

Brady wasn't "stoic" when he was getting his arse handed to him in the Super Bowl this year.
    He was finger pointing and yelling at his linemen all day long.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast