Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Way to j u m p to conclusions.
    I am saying in an offense that have limited weapons... we should be trying to use our RB in the passing game. You said Peterson is hurting the passing game. What I pointed out was that our QB was hurting the passing game because they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    What you failed to read, because you apparently stopped reading what I posted before you read the whole thing is this:

Also, while he can catch the ball out of the backfield he does not excel at it and in many ways that limits what we can do offensively when he is on the field. If he were better in those 2 areas then we could be more clever in the formations and plays we run because the defense would not know what is coming. Right now if it is a passing play, he is often taken out of the game. If he is in, there is a high possibility that it will be a run.

When we had Chester Taylor he was not as good as a pure runner but he was much better in pass protection and in catching passes and it made the team more balanced. When AP moves on if we can find another CT type player we may see a much better overall team, although it will almost certainly not be as good running the ball.
    He is also not very good at catching passes which is why I am going out on a limb and saying he hasn't been as involved in the passing game as I and apparently you also would like him to be.

If he is marginal at best in the passing game, then since we run a WCO, does that not mean he is limiting what we can do? Or did you stop reading too fast again?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I think moving up would be an awful idea. Keep the two picks we have late in the first and get two, hopefully, solid starters just like we did last year.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    I think moving up would be an awful idea. Keep the two picks we have late in the first and get two, hopefully, solid starters just like we did last year.
    I'm not so sure given how the team is trying to build through the draft. I can see Spielman using only one of those first round picks and then doing a trade for the other. IMO there will be teams wanting to move to move up from their 2nd round pick to snare someone in the lower part of the first. That will music to the ears of Spielman who will deal, if he does then I reckon we'll be looking at MLB/CB with the first round and then DT with our second round pickfollowed by WR ( given that the depth of WRs is supposed to be good this year ).
    You heard it here first !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    The way people talk about the WR pool being deep, I'm left with the impression there are really no outstanding WR's out there to be had, but there are a boat load of average ones.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The way people talk about the WR pool being deep, I'm left with the impression there are really no outstanding WR's out there to be had, but there are a boat load of average ones.
    Yes.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    It is deep in talent, but not alot of them can come in right away and run all the routes.

Patterson for instance, has what most agree, has the highest upside and room for growth but it will take 2 to 3 years for him to get it. That is not unheard of when it comes to WR development.

Hunter on the other hand can come in right away and run the full route tree, especially for the WCO, but seems to have concentration issues that he will have to work on.

Again, both are very talented but none are going to be "Shining Stars" right off the bat so I wouldn't say they are "Average" at all.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Robert woods? Great route running and hands, only real knock I hear is his speed. His senior year wasnt his best but barkley himself said that kiffin was enamoured by marquise lee.

You can't go wrong with someone who has all the records for their position at usc imo. Okay not qb, but anywhere else.

Teo and Woods, in that order. It's happening. Unless I'm wrong.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think Manti Teo is the Vikings target. I think they will try move ahead of the Bears. Could be a bidding war between the Bears and Vikings.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I love Notre Dame, but this wouldn't be a wise decision in my opinion for the vikings. Teo was totally exposed in the national championship.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    I think this will be a shocker but the ND player we take if he is there at #25 will be...........................Tyler Eifert. He is a stud and a big mismatch in the passing game. We paly alot of two TE sets and Carlson is one big hot pile.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-25-2013 at 07:10 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast