Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What DB would that be? Safety?
    My point is AD is not the problem. It's like saying Jamaal Charles is a problem for the KC passing game? Instead of keeping a homerun threat in to block... you A) use him as the hot read (in case of a NB blitz or Safety) B) Run a two back set. I would say a QB that cannot recognize a DB blitz is what is retarding the passing game. Hello... you play to win the game!

Basically, we have limted amount of true weapons. We should have that guy running routes because no DC will leave him un covered. There are multiple ways to accomplish this. As mentioned 2 back sets where the FB stays in and blocks. We could even do delayed releases... where he chips and then hits the flats. However, what is killing the MN passing game is the lack of a real QB. He has had Ponder (below average), Brooks Bollinger, T. Jack, Gus Ferotte and Brett as QBs. Why didn't he retard the passing game when we were 2nd in total offense with Brett? I believe we had a WR with 1300 yards and a TE with 11 tds. Peterson was still our starter then huh.
    We pass to lose the game!
    Football 101: History of the West Coast Offense

The main goals for the fullback and running back position in the West Coast offense are to be able to block and catch. In this offense these positions also have to able to pick up blitzing linebackers. The most important value for these positions is to be able to catch. These positions in the West Coast offense will probably have more catches than rushing attempts.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    There are a number of guys who meet those criteria. Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen and Cordarelle Patterson can do it all pretty well. I like Hunter and Hopkins best. Hunter for his ridiculous athleticism and Hopkins for his hands.
    Hunter or Hopkins would also be my top choices, hopefully one of them will still be available. I have a feeling Hopkins will be moving up the board on Thursday.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So the main goal is to block... but the most important thing to be able to catch. Got it.
    Did you actually read that? Did that actually prove your point?
    Again... How can that be translated into....our RB cannot run more flare and slide routes?
    Just asking these questions is getting repetitive.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So you are saying that RB's that know how to block are unnecessary and they hurt the passing game? Seriously? Wow.
    Way to j u m p to conclusions.
    I am saying in an offense that have limited weapons... we should be trying to use our RB in the passing game. You said Peterson is hurting the passing game. What I pointed out was that our QB was hurting the passing game because they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    What DB would that be? Safety?
    My point is AD is not the problem.
    3 Years of Pass Blocking Efficiency: Running Backs

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...running-backs/

Get these guys out of there

8th worst: Adrian L. Peterson

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Report: Five teams in top 12 want to move down | ProFootballTalk

With almost half of the top 12 wanting to trade down, I wonder how tempted Spielman is. We have extra picks, but a lot of holes.

I wouldn't mind moving up in the first round as long as the price is not too high. Maybe one of our first rounders and a couple of day 2 picks. Going to top 12 from 23 would be a heck of a jump though. And I am not convinced that we need to make that jump considering our needs and the talent in the draft this year.

The only positions I could really see us trading up for would be MLB or QB. There are enough WRs in the draft that one will be available at one of our 1st round picks. Same goes for CB and DT.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    The way this draft will unfold, based on the value of the talent pool, I highly doubt the Vikings will move up.

There is no one in this draft that we need so bad that we have to move up unless they really worry the Bores will grab the MLB they want. If that happens then the other MLB should be there to take.

Again, the value just isn't there. If anything, they should move down and get more picks in the second and third rounds as that is were the value is, not in the top 15.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    3 Years of Pass Blocking Efficiency: Running Backs

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...running-backs/

Nice, an article written in July of 2012.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The way this draft will unfold, based on the value of the talent pool, I highly doubt the Vikings will move up.

There is no one in this draft that we need so bad that we have to move up unless they really worry the Bores will grab the MLB they want. If that happens then the other MLB should be there to take.

Again, the value just isn't there. If anything, they should move down and get more picks in the second and third rounds as that is were the value is, not in the top 15.
    There is no MLB in this draft class that is outstanding or worthy of moving up for. I think they will move down at some point, but feel they will do quite well if they don't move up and needlessly waste picks.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    There is no MLB in this draft class that is outstanding or worthy of moving up for. I think they will move down at some point, but feel they will do quite well if they don't move up and needlessly waste picks.
    I think we are saying the same thing old friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast