Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I could see us trading up to take T Austin. Instant replacement for P Harvin.
    Jennings is our replacement for Harvin.

I would much rather have height in our next WR. Someone who can go deep & go up for the ball. At this point, I don't see the need to add another slot receiver.

It sounds like Austin would have been a good candidate to add had we not signed Jennings, but we still would need to add that taller deep threat WR also.
    Last edited by singersp; 04-21-2013 at 01:08 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Stop reading at AP hindering the passing game....
    One would wonder why in god's name would we have our only weapon stay in to block instead of running a slide? At worst, the lb covers him and you have a bit more to work with in the middle. At best, he pulls extra coverage and other people open up... or... no one picks him up and he gets the ball in his hand with only DBs left to tackle.
    I guess he never heard of teh phrase "nine in the box"............at least not as a football term.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Stop reading at AP hindering the passing game....
    Good. If you don't see it then I really don't have the time to spend bringing you up to speed.

One would wonder why in god's name would we have our only weapon stay in to block instead of running a slide?
    Whoa there charlie. My statement covered his whole career not just the future so basically what you are saying is that Percy wasn't a weapon because AP is the only one on our roster. If that is the case then why were you pissed when he left?

Secondly- If you are not up to speed on how running backs help the passing game by staying back and taking on the blitz or picking up a rusher that got past the OL then you may want to go back to pop Warner 101.

At worst, the lb covers him and you have a bit more to work with in the middle. At best, he pulls extra coverage and other people open up... or... no one picks him up and he gets the ball in his hand with only DBs left to tackle.
    Unless the DB blitzes with nobody in the backfield to pick him up and ponder takes a sack.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

I would much rather have height in our next WR. Someone who can go deep & go up for the ball. At this point, I don't see the need to add another slot receiver.

It sounds like Austin would have been a good candidate to add had we not signed Jennings, but we still would need to add that taller deep threat WR also.
    +1. We got Wright for the slot and Jennings as a possession WR. If we do add anyone it should be to challenge Simpson as the deep(or at least as deep as we can get) threat.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Good. If you don't see it then I really don't have the time to spend bringing you up to speed.

Whoa there charlie. My statement covered his whole career not just the future so basically what you are saying is that Percy wasn't a weapon because AP is the only one on our roster. If that is the case then why were you pissed when he left?

Secondly- If you are not up to speed on how running backs help the passing game by staying back and taking on the blitz or picking up a rusher that got past the OL then you may want to go back to pop Warner 101.

Unless the DB blitzes with nobody in the backfield to pick him up and ponder takes a sack.

What DB would that be? Safety?
    My point is AD is not the problem. It's like saying Jamaal Charles is a problem for the KC passing game? Instead of keeping a homerun threat in to block... you A) use him as the hot read (in case of a NB blitz or Safety) B) Run a two back set. I would say a QB that cannot recognize a DB blitz is what is retarding the passing game. Hello... you play to win the game!

Basically, we have limted amount of true weapons. We should have that guy running routes because no DC will leave him un covered. There are multiple ways to accomplish this. As mentioned 2 back sets where the FB stays in and blocks. We could even do delayed releases... where he chips and then hits the flats. However, what is killing the MN passing game is the lack of a real QB. He has had Ponder (below average), Brooks Bollinger, T. Jack, Gus Ferotte and Brett as QBs. Why didn't he retard the passing game when we were 2nd in total offense with Brett? I believe we had a WR with 1300 yards and a TE with 11 tds. Peterson was still our starter then huh.
    We pass to lose the game!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I guess he never heard of teh phrase "nine in the box"............at least not as a football term.
    Post of the year. You combined football and a gangbang!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

I agree singer. I hope we add a tall receiver who catches with his hands, fights for the ball, and has enough speed to get behind the corners. It would probably help if he has a wide catch radius also. Hopefully Christian has developed enough that that will not be a big factor.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I would love to see another tall receiver with good hands like Moss ... now that would be a good move ...

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I agree singer. I hope we add a tall receiver who catches with his hands, fights for the ball, and has enough speed to get behind the corners. It would probably help if he has a wide catch radius also. Hopefully Christian has developed enough that that will not be a big factor.
    There are a number of guys who meet those criteria. Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen and Cordarelle Patterson can do it all pretty well. I like Hunter and Hopkins best. Hunter for his ridiculous athleticism and Hopkins for his hands.

Blog Entries
    What DB would that be? Safety?
    My point is AD is not the problem. It's like saying Jamaal Charles is a problem for the KC passing game? Instead of keeping a homerun threat in to block... you A) use him as the hot read (in case of a NB blitz or Safety) B) Run a two back set. I would say a QB that cannot recognize a DB blitz is what is retarding the passing game. Hello... you play to win the game!

Basically, we have limted amount of true weapons. We should have that guy running routes because no DC will leave him un covered. There are multiple ways to accomplish this. As mentioned 2 back sets where the FB stays in and blocks. We could even do delayed releases... where he chips and then hits the flats. However, what is killing the MN passing game is the lack of a real QB. He has had Ponder (below average), Brooks Bollinger, T. Jack, Gus Ferotte and Brett as QBs. Why didn't he retard the passing game when we were 2nd in total offense with Brett? I believe we had a WR with 1300 yards and a TE with 11 tds. Peterson was still our starter then huh.
    We pass to lose the game!
    So you are saying that RB's that know how to block are unnecessary and they hurt the passing game? Seriously? Wow.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast