Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Holcomb interested in Vikings?

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Vikings | Childress comments about Holcomb rumors
    Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:02:27 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said the team is not singling out Philadelphia Eagles QB Kelly Holcomb as a possible addition to the team if he is released. "We keep that whole thing wide open, in terms of who we think is going to be waived at the defensive back position, or the offensive line. There's always people of interest. But I wouldn't single out Kelly Holcomb as someone who has been singled out. Obviously, the similarities that he mentioned are apparent. He's a good player, and a good player for a long time. But I haven't studied him that much lately," Childress said.

That doesn't sound like Childress rules him out.
    We all know how quiet Childress is however when he rules someone out he's up front about it (such as Carr and Keyshawn).

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

But I wouldn't single out Kelly Holcomb as someone who has been singled out.

He's a good player, and a good player for a long time.

lol, i love chilly and his extensive vocabulary ^_^

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings aren't only team with interest in Holcomb[/size]

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kelly Holcomb, long considered the Vikings' safety net at the position, apparently has other suitors as well.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Last update: August 21, 2007 – 8:29 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks Singer.
    Nice read.

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kelly Holcomb, long considered the Vikings' safety net at the position, apparently has other suitors as well.
    By who?

and it has been well known in league circles that Vikings officials are keeping tabs on his situation in Philadelphia. In fact, the Vikings are known to have made calls to more than one team to gauge the status of their quarterback depth.
    Crop circles?
    Again, who?
    When did they call?
    Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of someone else holding the clipboard by don't we think the timing is a bit rough here?

I guess if we look at the little history we do have on this staff they didn't hesitate to bring someone in (Bollinger) late in pre-season last year.
    :

"As long as he is playing for me, as I told him, that is what I expect to see from him when he gets by the boundary."
    Old School........Smart ball........
    Back doesn't loose his knees dealing it a bit instead of taking it.
    ;D

Former Vikings running back Darrin Nelson, now a member of the Stanford University athletic department, will be part of the Vikings' television announcing team for Saturday night's game
    I always liked Darrin.
    Still remember the play against the Redskins.
    If only he would have caught the damn ball.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks Singer.
    Nice read.

By who?

and it has been well known in league circles that Vikings officials are keeping tabs on his situation in Philadelphia. In fact, the Vikings are known to have made calls to more than one team to gauge the status of their quarterback depth.
    Crop circles?
    Again, who?
    When did they call?
    Don't get me wrong, I like the thought of someone else holding the clipboard by don't we think the timing is a bit rough here?

I guess if we look at the little history we do have on this staff they didn't hesitate to bring someone in (Bollinger) late in pre-season last year.

:

"As long as he is playing for me, as I told him, that is what I expect to see from him when he gets by the boundary."

;D

Former Vikings running back Darrin Nelson, now a member of the Stanford University athletic department, will be part of the Vikings' television announcing team for Saturday night's game
    I always liked Darrin.
    ;D
    You had to go and remind us of that Marr.
    Thanks pal!
    ;D

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't want to start an entirely new thread in case it is bubkus...but...

I just saw on the bottom line on NFL Network that Adam Schefter is reporting that the Vikings have completed a trade for Kelly Holcomb.

Just FYI.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks Singer.
    Nice read.

By who?

Crop circles?
    Again, who?
    When did they call?

:

;D

I always liked Darrin.
    ;D
    You had to go and remind us of that Marr.
    Thanks pal!
    ;D
    One of the reasons I always hated him.

It sure was smart drafting him over Marcus Allen,that's for sure.

As to Holcolm, let him go to Atlanta. He doesn't have the time to come here and adjust to the offense anyway so he would be a liability at best

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

profootballtalk is reporting the same thing, though they're just citing the same source as you are. At least we know you're not the only one to have seen it.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

So is Brooks cut? Or is Thigpen gone? I highly doubt the Vikes would keep 4 quarterbacks on the roster.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Ok. I can't say that it's a big surprise, now I just wonder how much we overpaid for him.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast