Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Vikings Trade for Holcomb (formerly Holcomb interested in Vikings?)

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    [quote author=NordicNed link=topic=35428.msg626451#msg626451 date=1188317593]
    Welcome to the Vikes KH.......

I think this is a wise and solid move on our part......
    I think at some point we need to call into question Childress' talent evaluation for QBs.
    On two occasions (Bollinger, who he traded for, and McMahon) he has hurt this team by picking up quarterbacks that simply aren't good, claiming he has faith in his decision, watched them play poorly in the preseason, and then has been forced to "admit" his confidence was misplaced by trading away draft picks for a stopgap qb.

Holcomb would have been cut, no doubt.
    If he was going to be traded to another team (falcons?), we could have got him for less than a 6th rounder.

In 2 offseasons and 1 full season pretty much every decision Childress has made with his QBs has been a bad one....Lets just hope Tarvaris isn't one of them.
    All good points...

Also, Childress cut J.T. O'Sullivan last preseason, and then he went on to have a great year in the European leagues and is having a pretty d@mn good preseason this year. Guess we'll just have to see.

I really don't think Childress is that good of a coach. There is a reason Andy Reid took over playcalling in Philly.
    Yea he's tearing it up......
    Completions Attempts Yards TD INT

And how many TD passes vs. Picks to Vikings QB's have. LOL, just to inform you, we have ZERO TD passes, except for our WR Wade. Please, don't act like you "put me in my place" all you did was prove my point. He's having a better preseason than any of our quarterbacks.

And don't throw in the fact that T-Jack hasn't thrown a pick, because he hasn't thrown a TD either, let alone 2 of them.
    What is it about you????
    Didn't know you wanted to be put in your place.

To use your words. "is having a pretty d@mn good preseason this year"

Your telling me that a QB that has a worse TD to INT ratio is is a d@mn good preseason?
    Hell I bet you even liked Culpepper what with all the fumbling and INTS.

Post something with logic here or is it all about posting something that doesn't make sense and then come off with some stuff about not being put in your place like this is a huge competition that someone actually wins.

gol 'darnit man.
    :
    [/quote]

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Is that logic enough? I can't read real well... who does it say is #1 in passing yards this preseason?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:

Is that logic enough? I can't read real well... who does it say is #1 in passing yards this preseason?
    I wouldn't put much weight into that, mostly because backup get more playing time.
    At the very most JTO is king of the 3rd stringers.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

I wouldn't put much weight into that, mostly because backup get more playing time.
    At the very most JTO is king of the 3rd stringers.
    We cut him i favor of players such as Drew Henson and Brooks Bolinger... looks like he's doing much better than either of those two.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=35428.msg626454#msg626454 date=1188318751]

I think at some point we need to call into question Childress' talent evaluation for QBs.
    On two occasions (Bollinger, who he traded for, and McMahon) he has hurt this team by picking up quarterbacks that simply aren't good, claiming he has faith in his decision, watched them play poorly in the preseason, and then has been forced to "admit" his confidence was misplaced by trading away draft picks for a stopgap qb.

If he was going to be traded to another team (falcons?), we could have got him for less than a 6th rounder.

In 2 offseasons and 1 full season pretty much every decision Childress has made with his QBs has been a bad one....Lets just hope Tarvaris isn't one of them.
    All good points...

Also, Childress cut J.T. O'Sullivan last preseason, and then he went on to have a great year in the European leagues and is having a pretty d@mn good preseason this year. Guess we'll just have to see.

I really don't think Childress is that good of a coach. There is a reason Andy Reid took over playcalling in Philly.

And how many TD passes vs. Picks to Vikings QB's have. LOL, just to inform you, we have ZERO TD passes, except for our WR Wade. Please, don't act like you "put me in my place" all you did was prove my point. He's having a better preseason than any of our quarterbacks.

And don't throw in the fact that T-Jack hasn't thrown a pick, because he hasn't thrown a TD either, let alone 2 of them.
    What is it about you????

Your telling me that a QB that has a worse TD to INT ratio is is a d@mn good preseason?

Post something with logic here or is it all about posting something that doesn't make sense and then come off with some stuff about not being put in your place like this is a huge competition that someone actually wins.

gol 'darnit man.

:
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Your kidding right.

No its not logic.
    Even Brady Quinn is doing good against players that will be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

If not and following your rationale these guys are stars.......

Jarrett Bush, tied for the lead in INT's.
    Lets shit can some of our secondary and pick him up.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/jarrettbu...s?id=BUS248356
    Shaun McDonald, He's leading the league
    http://www.nfl.com/players/shaunmcdo...s?id=MCD549659
    Adimchinobe Echemandu He's leading the league in rushing.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/adimchino...s?id=ECH077866

You do know that its preseason right?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about...Happy Camper
    Did you watch a Vikings game last season? What has he done to deserve our respect?
    :

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=35428.msg626463#msg626463 date=1188319246]
    [quote author=ItalianStallion link=topic=35428.msg626454#msg626454 date=1188318751]

All good points...

What is it about you????

gol 'darnit man.
    :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Your kidding right.

No its not logic.
    Even Brady Quinn is doing good against players that will be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

If not and following your rationale these guys are stars.......

Jarrett Bush, tied for the lead in INT's.
    Lets pooh can some of our secondary and pick him up.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/jarrettbu...s?id=BUS248356
    Shaun McDonald, He's leading the league
    http://www.nfl.com/players/shaunmcdo...s?id=MCD549659
    Adimchinobe Echemandu He's leading the league in rushing.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/adimchino...s?id=ECH077866

You do know that its preseason right?
    :
    [/quote]

He's still better than Bollinger or Henson, which was my point to begin with...

We cut JT, traded for Bollinger...

Now Bollinger is gone...

The whole point was Childress' QB evaluation coming into question, which you have yet to touch on. Go back through the thread a little before just spouting off like you're King Sh*t of Turd Mountain.

The truth is, JT had a great season over in Europe and is having a better preseason than anyone he was cut in favor for (hence, a pretty d@mn good preseason).

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about...Happy Camper
    Did you watch a Vikings game last season? What has he done to deserve our respect?
    :
    He's the coach of the team you are supposed to love.
    That alone should be enough for you to respect him.

That he knows more about football than all of PPO combined is also enough for him to receive respect from the fans.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    :
    Ahhhh a different tact in what you believe is a competition.

Hmmmmmm.
    You keep dwelling on just last season.
    I for one like what he has done overall since he took over as the head coach.

We now are not the NFC version of the Bengals.
    We have had 1 possibly two good FA periods (Depending on your knowledge level of football)
    We have had 1 possibly two excellent drafts.
    We now have a respectable Defense.
    We now have a very formidable running attack.

I would go down the line about my optimism for our offense but I believe that would be lost on you as it has been discussed in several threads over the summer.

Why don't you respect him?

Let me guess?

Shitcanned a QB that couldn't hang onto the ball, only threw INT's after Carter and Moss left and wasn't ready to take the field last year cause he was rehabing in Fl in a strip mall.
    Also said QB wasn't gonna play unless the team gave him more money.

Doesn't throw the ball deep (Randy Ratio) every other play to that you can watch it on sportscenter.

Ruined your Madden team by bringing in a bunch of nobodys who don't have high Madden ratings.

Should I go on or do you want to add a few here?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Meh, JTO is no real loss.
    Personally I'd rather have someone like Thigpen as our #3, but he's likely headed for the practice squad.
    If Bollinger stays on as #3 I'd be ok with that.

Truth be told I never put much weight into a player's preseason performance, unless you're throwing to the other team's backups, then it's a cause for conern.
    Success in the preseason is never a reliable indicator of regular season success.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

MN INT KINKG21 is offline Waterboy

C mac D are you serious ???
    there is a reason why JT played in NFL europe last year. Also like many have said before, he is going against guys who wont even make the team.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast