Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Trade for Holcomb (formerly Holcomb interested in Vikings?)

http://vikings.scout.com/2/655760.html

Interesting read. Not sure about Holcomb, but if there are questions about TJack. I am sure the rumors will be starting the next couple of months.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Holcomb interested in Vikings?

This was brought up before. Probably because Chilly loves to get Eagle's castaways. I don't think it will happen. It seems like everyone thinks TJ needs a mentor. Well, supposedly Chilly is that mentor. He is a past QB coach and offensive coach. Why would TJ need another mentor. He had Johnson last year and it didn't seem to help. What we need more is to give TJ some protection, not a mentor. Nor mentor can help a QB always under pressure.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Also form the same link:
    * The Wilf family was the subject of some discussion this week about their political contributions to Minnesota politics, crossing party lines and making contributions to candidates from both the DFL and IR parties. In all, the Wilfs gave $73,000 in political contributions last year.
    Good old Zygi - greasing the wheels of politics. ;D

And...
    The Vikings’ long waiting list for season tickets may be a thing of the past. During Saturday’s Metro-Outstate High School All-Star Game, several ads ran for the Vikings ticket plan, giving the option for fans to buy half-season, five-game packages – four regular-season and one preseason home game included in each package. How many of these are being made available and how many of them are season tickets that weren’t renewed by former season-ticket holders is uncertain, but the 10,000-deep waiting list would seem to be a thing of the past.
    They actually did this last year too, and it looks like it is a trend across the NFL to boost ticket sales.
    For the record, I don't think there has been a waiting list for season tickets for a few years anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Just a word of caution, when supplying links to Scout.com or Vikings Update, don't include text from the article.

I know they are watching us & have warned Webby in the past about copywrite & intellectual rights infringement, especially when the article was from a "subscription" article.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Just a word of caution, when supplying links to Scout.com or Vikings Update, don't include text from the article.

I know they are watching us & have warned Webby in the past about copywrite & intellectual rights infringement, especially when the article was from a "subscription" article.
    Thanks I will take it out. They are having a fre preview until July 4th

[size=13pt]Analysis: Veteran QB Speculation[/size]

By Kevin Brown
    Personnel Analyst
    scout.com

Posted Jun 30, 2007

[size=13pt]Vikings not interested in Holcomb [/size]

Friday, July 13, 2007

By John McMullen
    The Phanatic Magazine

Various media reports over the past several weeks have reported that the Minnesota Vikings are interested in Philadelphia Eagles backup quarterback Kelly Holcomb....

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Chilly is satisfied where he is at. I hope he's right!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

That could all change after a couple preseason games but right now Childress doesn't want the pressure of a veteran quarterback with starting experience hampering Jackson's development.
    This is why I think Childress will play T-Jack over Bollinger as our starter. I gather by this statement that Childress thinks he's ready to gain experience & will play him even if he feels Bollinger might give us the best chance to win a few games early.

In the long run, I feel Childress believes that T-Jack would surpass Bollinger.

If he were to start Bollinger first, at the point he sticks T-Jack in, that's when his learning curve begins as far as experience. You can't gain that riding the pine.

So why not stick him in early, so by mid-season, he has developed & improved?

If you stick him in around mid season, he might not be improved enough, by the time the playoffs roll around, should we make it.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

KFFL
    Vikings | Childress comments about Holcomb rumors
    Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:02:27 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said the team is not singling out Philadelphia Eagles QB Kelly Holcomb as a possible addition to the team if he is released. "We keep that whole thing wide open, in terms of who we think is going to be waived at the defensive back position, or the offensive line. There's always people of interest. But I wouldn't single out Kelly Holcomb as someone who has been singled out. Obviously, the similarities that he mentioned are apparent. He's a good player, and a good player for a long time. But I haven't studied him that much lately," Childress said.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast