Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96
  1. #41
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Vikings trade for Arizona CB A.J Jefferson

    If his success is to be determined by the secondary coaches he is screwed.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 09-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.

  2. #42
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Far from brutal and I don't think this is a depth thing either. Just another kid with talent that might just might turn into something.

    In the end what did we waste? A low level draft pick or two for a young CB that seems to fit the move around the league (bigger/stronger CB's) who has actual game time experience vice drafting one or two more low round cats next year.

    Doesn't mean he is crap either. Cards have something with their top 3 CB's so the kid was always going to be the 4th DB, (no matter how much he progressed over the next 3 or 4 years), and are probably looking to add picks to address something else next year.

    Again, I like this move. Lets see what the coaches can do with him and base our like/dislike of him after he gets another year or two under his young belt.
    LOL! The Cardinals average pass defense ranked 17th last year. The fact that their benched #4 or #5 DB made #2 on our depth chart, speaks volumes as to how either how mediocre or DB corp is, how bad we are at depth or both.

    It's not because he's so talented & atheletic.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #43
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210
    Look, he may not be all pro, but he is a prototype c2 corner at 6' 1". Obviously he improves our debth, and could become pretty decent. I like this move, as we need all the backend improvement/help we can get.

  4. #44
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692
    This guy had a really good game against us last year.

    If anyone has it, go back and watch our game against Arizona. I'm pretty sure every time we completed a pass he made the tackle, or every time Peterson actually got stopped in that game he was the guy to do it. At least that's what it felt like when I was watching it.

    Giving up a conditional draft pick on a young, big and athletic player at a position of weakness for this team is fine by me. I look forward to seeing what he can do for us.

  5. #45
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    LOL! The Cardinals average pass defense ranked 17th last year. The fact that their benched #4 or #5 DB made #2 on our depth chart, speaks volumes as to how either how mediocre or DB corp is, how bad we are at depth or both.

    It's not because he's so talented & atheletic.
    He isn't our #2 CB. He is our #3 or #4 CB.

    BTW, for those who are interested, the new depth chart is out on Vikings.com.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #46
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    LOL! The Cardinals average pass defense ranked 17th last year. The fact that their benched #4 or #5 DB made #2 on our depth chart, speaks volumes as to how either how mediocre or DB corp is, how bad we are at depth or both.

    It's not because he's so talented & atheletic.
    The problem is your looking at things in the wrong light. Very few of our starters or backups for that matter should me measured against starting caliber players. That's because they aren't to that level yet.

    Look at the kid along with the rest in the light that they have played at the next level, showed promise and have the talent and upside to get to the level we want them to in a year or two.

    Until you start looking at things that way, your just going to be disappointed all the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #47
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    This guy had a really good game against us last year.

    If anyone has it, go back and watch our game against Arizona. I'm pretty sure every time we completed a pass he made the tackle, or every time Peterson actually got stopped in that game he was the guy to do it. At least that's what it felt like when I was watching it.

    Giving up a conditional draft pick on a young, big and athletic player at a position of weakness for this team is fine by me. I look forward to seeing what he can do for us.
    Thats the spirit. Kid has flashed and it looks like to me (based on the youtube vids I can find) he does a decent job at man and zone. Given some reps, along with NFL level coaching I think he could be a nice pickup.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #48
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTide View Post
    Look, he may not be all pro, but he is a prototype c2 corner at 6' 1". Obviously he improves our debth, and could become pretty decent. I like this move, as we need all the backend improvement/help we can get.
    Another nice post. Lets look back on him in 2 years and ask the question then because until then, he is just another young kid on a team that is learning to play the game together.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #49
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    If Gus success is to be determined by the secondary coaches he is screwed.
    I'm willing to hold back my honest thoughts on this coaching staff for one more year or atleast until midway through the season.

    My guess, the Wilfs and Ole Ricky boy will be doing the same thing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #50
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The problem is your looking at things in the wrong light. Very few of our starters or backups for that matter should me measured against starting caliber players. That's because they aren't to that level yet.
    The problem with that is that we have been at the same level for over a decade and it never gets better.

    The notion that we shouldn't measure our starters against the starters of other teams is absolutely ludicrous. Of course we need to compare them to other starting caliber players from other teams because that is what they are and what they are paid to be. If they are not ready then it is either a problem of the players not being capable or the staff bringing in the wrong guys.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •