Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    He got lit up by Anquan Boldin and dropped some should have been interceptions. He wasn't a bad corner at all and he certainly didn't suck.
    Why did he lose his job as a starter?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    AJ Jefferson Reportedly Traded To Minnesota Vikings - Revenge of the Birds

Jefferson will be missed. He was physical and talented. He seemed to be worried about letting his guy get behind him, sometimes meaning he left too much space in front of him. But he was a sure tackler and was a solid contributor on special teams. He will match up well with the big receivers in the NFC North.
    This quote from a Cards fan/blogger. Well That Sounds a hell of a lot better than originally represented, we'll see what happens, maybe, he'll turn out to be a pretty good fit in our zone system...?

He's young, only 2 years in the league, with plenty of room for improvement. Between Frazier and Alan Williams, I'd guess coaching up the secondary should be one of our staff's strong points...if we could just keep them healthy!??

I just hope we didn't give up anything earlier than a five or so (maybe 4th with a later pick coming back?) for him...
    I wouldn't put too much trust into a Cardinals fan. This guy could just be a Marrdro of Arizona. I will ask some guys at work on Tuesday.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    I wouldn't put too much trust into a Cardinals fan. This guy could just be a Marrdro of Arizona. I will ask some guys at work on Tuesday.
    Well, that makes me feel much better.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    You mean you're not a Cardinal's season ticket holder yet?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Still haven't seen what we traded for him.
    ESPN and Sporting news say a conditional pick.
    A couple of other sites say conditional picks.
    I hope Yahoo sports is correct, They say a swap of conditional picks. I assume tied to playing time. Would like to hear resigning is tied to it also, but I doubt it.

Vikings complete trade for CB A.J. Jefferson - Yahoo! Sports

The deal involves the exchange of undisclosed and conditional draft picks in 2013. So, the Vikings will not be losing a pick all together but they will be getting a lower pick back in return.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Still haven't seen what we traded for him.
    ESPN and Sporting news say a conditional pick.
    A couple of other sites say conditional picks.
    I hope Yahoo sports is correct, They say a swap of conditional picks. I assume tied to playing time. Would like to hear resigning is tied to it also, but I doubt it.

Vikings complete trade for CB A.J. Jefferson - Yahoo! Sports
    Sieffert says it is a single conditional pick in 2013, details undisclosed.

Bottom line, we didn't really trade very much for him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    I like this move

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    He got lit up by Anquan Boldin and dropped some should have been interceptions. He wasn't a bad corner at all and he certainly didn't suck.
    really? Boldin gets traded in March 2010, and Jefferson was a unsigned FA out of college that same year..hmm go figure.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Well, that makes me feel much better.

=Z=
    Have you watched him play? Didn't think so.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Looking through a few of his game from last year, I wouldn't call him brutal, but he isn't starter material either. You're right, this is a depth move, and he is still better than Sherels...
    Far from brutal and I don't think this is a depth thing either. Just another kid with talent that might just might turn into something.

In the end what did we waste? A low level draft pick or two for a young CB that seems to fit the move around the league (bigger/stronger CB's) who has actual game time experience vice drafting one or two more low round cats next year.

Doesn't mean he is crap either. Cards have something with their top 3 CB's so the kid was always going to be the 4th DB, (no matter how much he progressed over the next 3 or 4 years), and are probably looking to add picks to address something else next year.

Again, I like this move. Lets see what the coaches can do with him and base our like/dislike of him after he gets another year or two under his young belt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast