Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    AJ Jefferson Reportedly Traded To Minnesota Vikings - Revenge of the Birds

Jefferson will be missed. He was physical and talented. He seemed to be worried about letting his guy get behind him, sometimes meaning he left too much space in front of him. But he was a sure tackler and was a solid contributor on special teams. He will match up well with the big receivers in the NFC North.
    This quote from a Cards fan/blogger. Well That Sounds a hell of a lot better than originally represented, we'll see what happens, maybe, he'll turn out to be a pretty good fit in our zone system...?

He's young, only 2 years in the league, with plenty of room for improvement. Between Frazier and Alan Williams, I'd guess coaching up the secondary should be one of our staff's strong points...if we could just keep them healthy!??

I just hope we didn't give up anything earlier than a five or so (maybe 4th with a later pick coming back?) for him...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

This quote from a Cards fan/blogger. Well That Sounds a hell of a lot better than originally represented, we'll see what happens, maybe, he'll turn out to be a pretty good fit in our zone system...?

He's young, only 2 years in the league, with plenty of room for improvement. Between Frazier and Alan Williams, I'd guess coaching up the secondary should be one of our staff's strong points...if we could just keep them healthy!??

I just hope we didn't give up anything earlier than a five or so (maybe 4th with a later pick coming back?) for him...
    Yeah it sounds good, but there had to be a reason he lost his job after 7 games. I really hope he pans out and we are able to re-sign him, but not holding my breath.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Yeah it sounds good, but there had to be a reason he lost his job after 7 games. I really hope he pans out and we are able to re-sign him, but not holding my breath.
    He got lit up by Anquan Boldin and dropped some should have been interceptions. He wasn't a bad corner at all and he certainly didn't suck.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings trade for Arizona CB A.J Jefferson

Getting burned in coverage and dropping INT's is generally an indicator of suckyness

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Getting burned in coverage and dropping INT's is generally an indicator of suckyness
    Add in he also had 3 PI calls against him in that last game against the Ravens....he's starting to make Fred Smoot look good, he just needs to start adding in some weak arm tackles attemts and tripping over the painted lines on the field.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He got burned in ONE game.

Listen I am not saying he will start but he is young, plays like a cover-2 corner, and looks to be at worst solid depth all for a late round pick.

The fans whining over this trade are the same ones that constantly ruin the forum.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    plays like a cover-2 corner,
    I am beginning to think comments like this are code for "he sucks but we can blame it on the scheme"

The fans whining over this trade are the same ones that constantly ruin the forum.
    Whatever.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purple floyd View Post
    i am beginning to think comments like this are code for "he sucks but we can blame it on the scheme"
    lol!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

The first comment "got burned" to me says "slow" or possibly "can't tackle" or both. You can teach tackling, but you can't teach speed.

We're just going to have to wait & see what we got for our draft pick(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    He got lit up by Anquan Boldin and dropped some should have been interceptions. He wasn't a bad corner at all and he certainly didn't suck.
    I can understand a CB getting burned by a top-notch WR in a particular game, but it sounds like he was burned repeatedly throughout the 7 games prior to getting benched.

I haven't watched his play, but if you feel he wasn't a bad corner and he didn't suck, you must have watched him play in several games. Why then was he benched?

Do you feel he was the best option that our trade could get or that he's better than anyone out there after every team made their cuts?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast