Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    "The Cardinals re-signed Jefferson to a one-year deal in March that included a base salary of $540,000 and a small workout bonus.

Judd Zulgad contributed."

We traded for an undrafted CB that was benched and is on a 1 year contract?
    My guess would be Benny Sapp didn't want to comeback to the Vikings again.
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 09-01-2012 at 06:48 AM.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    We need blue chips, and we trade for potato chips ....
    That's funny.

Let's not make too much of a depth move for CB4 or CB5...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    This is strictly a depth move. I hope we never get to see him in a game. He is brutal, but your not going to get anyone good, unless they are holding out or giving up something good.
    Looking through a few of his game from last year, I wouldn't call him brutal, but he isn't starter material either. You're right, this is a depth move, and he is still better than Sherels...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    That's funny.

That's not the PP.O way. If he isn't a Pro-Bowler this year, be prepared for people to be calling for Spielman's head...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    That's not the PP.O way. If he isn't a Pro-Bowler this year, be prepared for people to be calling for Spielman's head...
    Could be he's filler material temporarily until 1 or more of our injured DB's get back on their feet or he's a replacement for an injured DB that was cut.

He doesn't have to not become a pro bowler to question Spielman's thinking.

1. Jefferson was burned relentlessly in 7 games & was benched because of it. So why Jefferson? Is Sherels really worse than that? As bad as he apparently is, was Jefferson really one of the better options out there that Spielman/scouts could find? Granted we may possibly be only talking about CB4 or CB5 as Max stated, but maybe they are thinking higher. Either way, with as many injuries as our DB's have had, #4 or #5 may be starters by week 4.

2. Why make a trade for a DB so far back on the depth chart? Couldn't we have waited until after the cuts to grab one. If they gave up a player that was going to be axed anyway, it's no big deal. If they gave up a draft pick or a better player for him, was it worth it?
    Last edited by singersp; 09-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    He knows our scheme
    LOL!! He'll fit right in!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings trade for Arizona CB A.J Jefferson

Sounds like he is perfect for the c2 defense.

I am sure the OC's in the division stayed up late last night trying to figure out what to do now that we got him on the roster.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Could be he's filler material temporarily until 1 or more of our injured DB's get back on their feet or he's a replacement for an injured DB that was cut.

He doesn't have to not become a pro bowler to question Spielman's thinking.

1. Jefferson was burned relentlessly in 7 games & was benched because of it. So why Jefferson? Is Sherels really worse than that? As bad as he apparently is, was Jefferson really one of the better options out there that Spielman/scouts could find? Granted we may possibly be only talking about CB4 or CB5 as Max stated, but maybe they are thinking higher. Either way, with as many injuries as our DB's have had, #4 or #5 may be starters by week 4.

2. Why make a trade for a DB so far back on the depth chart? Couldn't we have waited until after the cuts to grab one. If they gave up a player that was going to be axed anyway, it's no big deal. If they gave up a draft pick or a better player for him, was it worth it?
    Singer don't go using logic!
    I don't care what we gave up to get him... its stupid.
    We had Carr on roster. If we needed depth...keep Carr and save the draft pick, be it a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder. People will defender any stupid move to the death. I don't buy that he was brought in for depth only. I think we brought him in to be our nickle and that he will see a good amount of playing time. Robinson missed a lot of preseason games and is green. We wanted a youth movement and we are getting it.

With saying all that, he might have been miscasted as a cover corner in AZ and will be a better zone corner for us. The issue I have is 1 year contracts. If he bounces back, we pay a premium to get him, if he sucks, we wasted a pick on a 1 year rental. Anymore proof this admin have no idea what they are doing.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Most Cardinal fans seem to like him and the way they describe him screams cover-2 corner. Good in press coverage at the line, good tackler, good closing speed, doesn't give up much YAC. He struggles in man coverage and isn't someone that gets many INT's despite getting his hands on the ball.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Singer don't go using logic!
    I don't care what we gave up to get him... its stupid.
    We had Carr on roster. If we needed depth...keep Carr and save the draft pick, be it a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder. People will defender any stupid move to the death. I don't buy that he was brought in for depth only. I think we brought him in to be our nickle and that he will see a good amount of playing time. Robinson missed a lot of preseason games and is green. We wanted a youth movement and we are getting it.

With saying all that, he might have been miscasted as a cover corner in AZ and will be a better zone corner for us. The issue I have is 1 year contracts. If he bounces back, we pay a premium to get him, if he sucks, we wasted a pick on a 1 year rental. Anymore proof this admin have no idea what they are doing.
    Compensation was not immediately known, although the Arizona Republic reported it involves at least one draft pick.
    At LEAST one. That doesn't sound good. Unless they are giving US one to take him.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast