Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings@Titans - Preseason Week 1 - Post Game

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104438
    It is funny that Marrdro was making fun of Webb for a jump pass.
    Almost as funny as you & others not making fun of him for doing so.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104585
    Some things on PPO you get used to my friend. Double standards are one of them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Another viewpoint on last week. Of course its a "Hated" Bleacher Report so don't look if you don't want to....

Minnesota Vikings: 5 Winners and Losers from Preseason Week 1

I liked the 5th one the best.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Why would I make fun of him?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104587
    Some things on PPO you get used to my friend. Double standards are one of them.
    What double standards? Why would I make fun of him? I never did for T-JOKE. Keep digging.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104485
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104470
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104437
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104356
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104353
    The OL is going to be the Achilles of the offense. The old QB cannot play with pressure on him and the Center is going to get msnhandled like a fresh inmate on a weekly basis. The LT has a lot to adjust to before he is serviceable and that is going to lead to lots of sacks, runs for no gain and more hurried passes.

My guess is the only thing that will prevent certain posters from calling for brett to come out of retirement is pride.
    I think the OL is going to be the least of our worries this year, regardless of what some people on here have been harping about for what seems like forever.
    That is because we changed the scheme and moved away from that crap you always stuck up for. Looks like those yutzs talking about changing it were right. Chalk another one up for me.
    LOL, first, they didn't move away from anything. Truth is, they are not only running the ZB scheme, but they are mixing in 3 other schemes as well.

You need to catch up.

Second, just cause I have studied the ZB scheme and understand it (as best as a yutz fan can) doesn't mean I stick up for it.

In the end, you'd better pull your chalk back into your pocket Mr. Right/Wrong. :P
    You need to do more reading. They have changed it.
    Frazier brought in a new offensive line coach, Jeff Davidson, to install a more aggressive, straight-forward blocking system than the zone scheme that was used in previous years.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/128038203.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=r eferral&utm_campaign=br_vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1105285
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104485
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104470
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1104437
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104356
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104353
    The OL is going to be the Achilles of the offense. The old QB cannot play with pressure on him and the Center is going to get msnhandled like a fresh inmate on a weekly basis. The LT has a lot to adjust to before he is serviceable and that is going to lead to lots of sacks, runs for no gain and more hurried passes.

My guess is the only thing that will prevent certain posters from calling for brett to come out of retirement is pride.
    I think the OL is going to be the least of our worries this year, regardless of what some people on here have been harping about for what seems like forever.
    That is because we changed the scheme and moved away from that crap you always stuck up for. Looks like those yutzs talking about changing it were right. Chalk another one up for me.
    LOL, first, they didn't move away from anything. Truth is, they are not only running the ZB scheme, but they are mixing in 3 other schemes as well.

You need to catch up.

Second, just cause I have studied the ZB scheme and understand it (as best as a yutz fan can) doesn't mean I stick up for it.

In the end, you'd better pull your chalk back into your pocket Mr. Right/Wrong. :P
    You need to do more reading. They have changed it.
    Frazier brought in a new offensive line coach, Jeff Davidson, to install a more aggressive, straight-forward blocking system than the zone scheme that was used in previous years.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/128038203.html?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=r eferral&utm_campaign=br_vikings
    And I can pull multiple sources that multiple sources that say he used the ZB scheme over any other.

Zone-blocking scheme just one idea to get Panthers in end zone

The Carolina Panthers made the switch to zone blocking under offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson for the 2007 season. They had previously employed a man-blocking scheme for a downhill running attack under coordinator Dan Henning, but during the 2006 season, the team's undersized linemen were consistently overpowered by opposing defensive linemen. The power running game became stagnant, and especially ineffective in goal-line/short yardage situations, thus resulting in Henning's firing and the switch to zone blocking. Thanks in part to the new blocking scheme they implemented, the Panthers saw their 2008 campaign characterized by the running of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to great effect, gaining them play off status. That season also saw the emergence of rookie Steve Slaton with the Houston Texans under their new Alex Gibbs-designed zone blocking scheme.
    Zone Blocking

And others that says he is going to use hit here with the most recent one saying he is going to run 4 blocking schemes.

Im not going to walk in here and say, Hey, Im just a zone-scheme guy or just a man-scheme guy. We have really what we consider four different schemes. Man schemes, draw schemes and zone schemes and then what we would call our gap schemes. Hopefully we employ all four of those.
    Davidson: Four Blocking Schemes Will Be Used

Keep trying though. I like these types of conversations, especially when it deals with the bigs inside.

On a side note, I've never heard of a Draw Blocking Scheme. I always felt that it fell into the "Gap" scheme. Anyone else out there question this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567