Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Vikings tidbits KFFL (22 August 2006)

Fason passes MeMo.

================================================== ========

Vikings | Gordon not practicing Tuesday
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:57:45 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Charles Gordon (knee) did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 22. Gordon no longer appears to have any limp when he walks and it wouldn't be surprising if he returned in the next week or two.

Vikings | Kasper not practicing Tuesday
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:56:58 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Kevin Kasper (high ankle sprain) did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 22.

Vikings | R. Owens not practicing Tuesday
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:56:17 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Richard Owens (back contusion) did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 22.

Vikings | R. Davis does individual work Tuesday
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:54:55 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Rod Davis (bruised quadriceps) was at practice Tuesday, Aug. 22. He took part in individual drills during the early stages of practice.

Vikings | Lawrence runs laps while team practices
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:51:26 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Marcus Lawrence (knee) was at practice Tuesday, Aug. 22, but he ran laps while the team went throught their morning workout.

Vikings | M. Moore wearing a brace on his injured knee
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:47:13 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Mewelde Moore (knee) was at practice Tuesday, Aug. 22, wearing a brace on his injured left knee. Moore is expected to miss a second-consecutive preseason game Friday, Aug. 25, when the Vikings play host to the Baltimore Ravens.

Vikings | K. Robinson still excused
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:45:33 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson is still excused from the team. He did not practice Tuesday, Aug. 22.

Vikings | Fason passes up M. Moore
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:44:26 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Ciatrick Fason has moved ahead of RB Mewelde Moore on the team's depth chart. Fason has been a pleasant surprise to the coaching staff. The coaching staff liked Fason but they did not realize he had some pretty good moves to go along with his size (6 feet, 207 pounds). Fason likely will again see plenty of playing time against the Baltimore Ravens in this week's preseason game.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings tidbits KFFL (22 August 2006)

Didn't we expect Koren to be gone for the year? Or is he going to come back sometime soon?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

they arnt sure yet, the coaching staff is waiting until they have more information on both what the nfl plans to do with this and legally, considering he hasnt actually been found guilty of anything yet (even though he undoubtably will)

they're just taking their time with taking action =P he'll most likely be suspended - and after october 17th (i think thats his next court appearance), he'll be in jail

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

you konw there's something wrong with the justice system when nfl players get away with murder, but get jailed for drinking

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Glad to hear that about Fason. I like him and think he is a better choice than MeMo at this point.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

twiztedfait is offline Starter

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    you konw there's something wrong with the justice system when nfl players get away with murder, but get jailed for drinking
    I hear ya. but drinking is a violation of his probation from the DUI he recieved in Washington.

Just like anyone else that did it, he should go to jail.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    When it's just you in the car following the 125MPH chase, you can't really drop the knife to the floor and point at two other guys and say "It was them."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

"Freya" wrote:
    Glad to hear that about Fason. I like him and think he is a better choice than MeMo at this point.
    I agree wholehartedly.
    I know some thought he did not do much with his goal line carries last year, but he was a rookie.
    With another year under his belt we should see improvement.
    I.B.O.T. #213

Json is offline GM

If I was on probation and charged with a felony while on probation I would not be getting out of jail right away.
    The Probation officer 99% of the time will not allow that person out of jail until all the facts come in and even then they usually revoke you and you have to sit out the set amount of days that your probation set up in court from your original charge.
    Thats why this country is a disgrace.
    If your a big name with big pockets you can get away with murder, but if your a regular dude making regular dude type money your up the creek with out a paddle.

Prophet Guest

Vikings | Whitaker works on kickoff returns Tuesday
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:53:56 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Ronyell Whitaker worked on kickoff returns Tuesday, Aug. 22.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Police and courts: K. Robinson
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:20:01 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson's hearing in Kirkland (Wash.) Municipal Court has been rescheduled for Oct. 4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team working to improve defense
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:41:47 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings No. 1 defense has held opponents to 13 points and 111 yards in about 2 1/2 quarters of preseason play. Highlights included a strong red zone stand Aug. 14 against the Oakland Raiders; on the other hand, the starters appeared a bit disoriented against the Pittsburgh Steelers no-huddle offense Aug. 19. Defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin said Tuesday, Aug. 22, that "I'm never satisfied" and indicated he hopes to see progress in all areas Friday, Aug. 25, against Baltimore. "It doesn't matter whether we come out hot or we come out slow," Tomlin said. "We have to play a complete game. That's the way we are approaching it. You can take any segment of any game and paint any kind of picture you want, good or bad, depending on what kind of mood you are in."

Vikings | Childress has big expectations for Wiggins
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:12:46 -0700

Dave Campbell, of the Associated Press, reports it has not taken Minnesota Vikings TE Jermaine Wiggins to re-establish himself with the team's new coaching staff. "I have a greater appreciation for him right now than when I took this job," head coach Brad Childress said. "He has a way of wiggling open," Childress said. "He understands defense. He understands working zones and obviously has very good hands." With WR Koren Robinson's future in doubt, the Vikings are without player they paid to be their leading receiver. Wiggins, though, is really the top target for QB Brad Johnson. Tight ends have traditionally been an integral part of West Coast-style offences, which the Vikings now use under Childress. Wiggins has never been short on confidence and never shy about lobbying for the ball. Even with the new staff, he hasn't had to change his approach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast