Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Tidbits 07/14/06

From KFFL;

Vikings | Team offered Hall a contract
    Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:28:00 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings offered FB Ahmard Hall a contract before he signed with the Tennessee Titans. Hall went undrafted in the supplemental draft July 13.

Vikings | Team opens more practices to the fans
    Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:55:07 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings will open their first four days of training camp practices to fans, the team announced Thursday, July 13. Earlier this week, the Vikings had said fans would be kept out until the first full-squad workout Aug. 1. Fans will be able to watch rookies and selected veterans participate in practices July 28-31 at the team's training camp at Minnesota State University, Mankato, the team said.

Vikings | Team has Beckham on the emergency list
    Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:51:57 -0700

Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports free agent CB Tony Beckham's (Titans) agent Ron Slavin was recently contacted by the Minnesota Vikings. They have him at the top of their emergency list.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings Tidbits 07/14/06

Vikings | Wilf’s nephew part of ownership group
    Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:22:53 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings acknowledged the existence of a seventh and formerly unannounced investor in their ownership group, Jeffrey Wilf, the nephew of owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. Jeffrey has owned a small stake in the team since the ownership transfer from Red McCombs last summer. Mark Wilf confirmed that Jeffrey is a limited partner. Jeffrey Wilf is a senior at a "prestigious East Coast university," according to his biography. Mark Wilf asked that the university remain unnamed for privacy reasons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team had no interest in A. Brooks
    Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:21:32 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings had no interest in selecting LB Ahmad Brooks in the supplemental draft. "He is a talented football player," said Rick Spielman, vice president of player personnel. "But he had character issues and medical issues, and that wasn't something we were looking to get involved in."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Nielson added to the coaching staff
    Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:18:16 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings recently added Todd Nielson to its staff as a coaching assistant, bringing its total number of assistant coaches to 22.

Vikings | Greenway likely to start training camp as a backup
    Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:01:44 -0700

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings rookie LB Chad Greenway will be used by Vikings at weakside linebacker. He likely will open training camp as backup to LB E.J. Henderson, but could assume starting role if Henderson is moved to middle.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings rookie LB Chad Greenway will be used by Vikings at weakside linebacker. He likely will open training camp as backup to LB E.J. Henderson, but could assume starting role if Henderson is moved to middle.

Hummmm, that's an interesting tidbit. I wonder what the coaches thinking is there. I'm betting he starts though before training camp ends.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

from what im understanding then, Leber is our strong side LB with D. Thomas backing him up, and EJ is our weak side LB with Greenway backing him up, concluding that Harris starts out as our Middle LB untill he proves himself useless and eveything is shifted once again.

Maybe it was just bad coaching that led to EJ and thomas sucking so bad.
    You republican whore!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings acknowledged the existence of a seventh and formerly unannounced investor in their ownership group, Jeffrey Wilf, the nephew of owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. Jeffrey has owned a small stake in the team since the ownership transfer from Red McCombs last summer. Mark Wilf confirmed that Jeffrey is a limited partner. Jeffrey Wilf is a senior at a "prestigious East Coast university," according to his biography. Mark Wilf asked that the university remain unnamed for privacy reasons.

i think this is a good
    thing caus that means that the wilfs are staying for a while.
    and i wouldn't want them to see going away :smile:
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

i think this is a good
    thing caus that means that the wilfs are staying for a while.
    and i wouldn't want them to see going away :smile:

Yea, I was investing in NFL franchises when I was in college too (right between the beer bongs and panty raids). Life is good if you're a little Wilf.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Maybe it was just bad coaching that led to EJ and thomas sucking so bad.

I feel real sorry for EJ and DT, for having been developed in a terrible defensive system (our buddy Teddy installed). I blame poor developement and coaching as the answer for the underachievment of both players.I think all of our LB's are full of potential, and with the right system and coaching EJ,DT and Nappo could revive thier sinking careers.IMO the first year is crucial in successfull development.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree. These players seem very athletic and talented. But always seemed in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is a coaching issue.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings offered FB Ahmard Hall a contract before he signed with the Tennessee Titans. Hall went undrafted in the supplemental draft July 13.

DANG!!!! I wanted us to sign that guy!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast