Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Tidbits 06/10/06

From KFFL;

Vikings | McMullen working as team's No. 3 receiver
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:34:15 -0700

Kevin Seifert, writing for the Sporting News, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Billy McMullen has been working out as the team's No. 3 wide receiver during organized team activities.

Vikings | Robinson to be removed as kick returner?
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:24:12 -0700

Kevin Seifert, writing for the Sporting News, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson is expected to be removed from the kickoff return team in favor of either RB Mewelde Moore or CB Dovonte Edwards, who have both been working out with the first team kickoff return unit during organized team activities.

Vikings | Edwards to play bigger role
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:57:06 -0700

Kevin Seifert, writing for the Sporting News, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Dovonte Edwards will play an important role in defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin's cover 2 defense in his second year. Edwards has been working as the nickel back during the team's organized team activities.

Vikings | Childress has team getting in shape
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 06:42:15 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress has the team believing in his offseason conditioning program. During minicamp and organized team activities Childress has directed high-tempo practices and made subtle comments about conditioning and weight control.

That each player is expected under a target weight isn't groundbreaking, unless a player is expected at or near that weight in June. The players collectively feel the program will help them to attain their goal of winning the Super Bowl. Attendance this week was 100 percent, with sidelined players such as WR Troy Williamson still making himself available.

The OTAs are "voluntary," but there is an underlying expectation that all players attend, all a part of the shrinking NFL offseason. Asked about the perfect attendance, Childress said, "They want to be good, so they're all participating in OTAs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Tidbits 06/10/06

"singersp" wrote:
    Vikings | McMullen working as team's No. 3 receiver
    Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:34:15 -0700

Kevin Seifert, writing for the Sporting News, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Billy McMullen has been working out as the team's No. 3 wide receiver during organized team activities.
    I can't believe this. They must be kidding.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

When Troy gets back he'll be our #3 as soon as he's practicing and on the field. We've always had great attendance at the OTA's, but I really like the sound of the shape these guys are in. Give the new coaches a pat as they've got 80 something Vikings 100% turnout learning new systems. It gets ya pumped up..... wait its only June...... Skol

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

First thing, K-rob, Williamson, and Taylor are our top 3 WR's, with M-Rob being our red zone threat.. McCullen will not be our 3rd WR when the season starts.. I also like the idea of moving K-Rob out of kickoff returns.. Give a guy like Edwards or Moore a chance to do that.. It will keep the chances of K-Rob staying healthy alot better..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

McMullen as #3? That's kind of surprising considering we still have Travis Taylor.

I would be happy to see K-Rob moved out of the kick returner position. He's great as a returner, but he's our #1 receiver and I would rather not see him be put in that position with the potential to get hurt.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    First thing, K-rob, Williamson, and Taylor are our top 3 WR's, with M-Rob being our red zone threat.. McCullen will not be our 3rd WR when the season starts.. I also like the idea of moving K-Rob out of kickoff returns.. Give a guy like Edwards or Moore a chance to do that.. It will keep the chances of K-Rob staying healthy alot better..
    I'm not so sure. Childress seems to dote on his former Eagles players. I'm just hoping it's because they already know the system & they are there for depth.

This is a whole new coach, a whole new system & a whole new ball game, so anythings possible with Childress.

Childress wasn't with us last year, so he's rating his players based on film & what he's seeing in the mini camps & OTA's.

But we should get a better idea once Williamson returns & training camp starts.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I forgot about Troy being out.

But anyways, I see it this way too. But maybe Childress don't

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

I think that during these practices k-rob and taylor are starting and McCullen is just filling in for williamson. IF i am wrong there is something wrong with childress for that not being the reason.

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    McMullen as #3? That's kind of surprising considering we still have Travis Taylor.

I would be happy to see K-Rob moved out of the kick returner position. He's great as a returner, but he's our #1 receiver and I would rather not see him be put in that position with the potential to get hurt.
    I think we will see k-rob back on returns in certain situations. He just wont be there all the time.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

better attendance than the packers for sure....they have a new coach too, and no one seems to be taking it seriously unless favre is there. i believe the vikes will be well prepared for games this year if minicamp is any indication. im just looking forward to second half adjustments, what theyre going to be like, cause they were nul and void for the last 4 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast