V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings throw away lead, lose 35-31

Yah I am not happy with Booty

Jackson although he did throw a TD he didn't play much

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    [size=11pt]Tarvaris Jackson error-free in Minnesota Vikings' 35-31 loss to Cowboys[/size]

Tarvaris Jackson didn't do much, but he didn't have to compared to the competition. He got the start and completed just 2 of 4 passes for 42 yards. But Jackson, who has been dogged by trade rumors, led two touchdown drives, including one that ended with a 36-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jeff Dugan in the first quarter.

But more important than what Jackson did was what he did not: turn the ball over.

Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty erased an otherwise clean run through the preseason by the Vikings' offense, each throwing interceptions that were returned for touchdowns and wasted a 21-7 halftime lead.

"At times, it was embarrassing," Vikings coach Brad Childress said of the quarterback play. "I end up putting that on myself. Not having them ready to come out of the locker room at halftime. All the quarterbacks I have ever coached have some regard for the football, and you can't throw it to them."
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_1327409...ce=most_viewed
    After watching last nights game, I think Booty needs to go.
    Both Sage and Booty had terrible interceptions, but the thing that killed me about Booty was this.
    4th and 6, less than a minute to play, and he throws the ball out of bounds...... can't you at least throw it out there and give the reciever a chance to make a play?

Keep Favre, TJack, and Sage.
    Send Booty to the practice squad.
    If he gets picked up, so be it.

+1

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    .Props to my man Leslie.

I know I have been in his jiggly butt since he got here,
    ???
    ???
    ???

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

I stayed up till stupid o'clock here in the UK to watch this game. First half was good, we moved
    the ball pretty well and was nice to see an 82 yrd return by reynaud, BUT the second half sucked H A R D!!.. first the dumb thrown pick 6 by Sage, and then the next possession JDB does the same thing.. needless to say that this was the point i shut down my laptop and went to sleep!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wasn't it fun to watch a game last night without some fricken EXPUKER on the field?
    I found it gol 'darnit refreshing.....(No Smiley Faces)
    Oh yes those pick 6s were soooooooo refreshing.
    :

"Marrdro" wrote:

By the way, were the hell has the "Great Farwell" been on tackles.
    I wonder if that cat will make the team?
    You must not have been watching the preseason.

"Tad7" wrote:
    [size=11pt]Tarvaris Jackson error-free in Minnesota Vikings' 35-31 loss to Cowboys[/size]

Tarvaris Jackson didn't do much, but he didn't have to compared to the competition. He got the start and completed just 2 of 4 passes for 42 yards. But Jackson, who has been dogged by trade rumors, led two touchdown drives, including one that ended with a 36-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jeff Dugan in the first quarter.

But more important than what Jackson did was what he did not: turn the ball over.

Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty erased an otherwise clean run through the preseason by the Vikings' offense, each throwing interceptions that were returned for touchdowns and wasted a 21-7 halftime lead.

"At times, it was embarrassing," Vikings coach Brad Childress said of the quarterback play. "I end up putting that on myself. Not having them ready to come out of the locker room at halftime. All the quarterbacks I have ever coached have some regard for the football, and you can't throw it to them."
    How is 50% completion error free?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

They must have meant "Massive game-changing mistake free"

"V4L" wrote:
    Are u kidding?

Farwell was rested because he is such a valuable piece to this team

Someone gets it. He was a monster in the beginning of the preseason.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

They must have meant "Massive game-changing mistake free"
    In that case, so was Favre. So no news there.
    ;D

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast