Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings throw away lead, lose 35-31

While the outcome of the game didn’t matter to the starters that were one the sidelines, it gave a glimpse into the reliability of the backups and the future depth of the team. There were some players making strong impressions, especially on defense, and others, like Rosenfels and Booty, who had disappointing interceptions that could figure into the future of that position, which is the essence of what preseason finales have become.

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=895442
    [size=10pt]Marrdro's comments follow:[/size]

Wasn't it fun to watch a game last night without some fricken EXPUKER on the field?
    I found it gol 'darnit refreshing.....(No Smiley Faces)

Always one to eat crow when it is deserving........Props to my man Leslie.

I know I have been in his jiggly butt since he got here, but gol 'darnit, if those kids didn't play thier dimply buttocks off last night my friends.
    Our Dcoord and his staff had them ready to play and all of them played in the scheme and didn't try to "Better" himself by grandstanding or taking chances.

Lets hope this carries over into the season, especially when the Wall come down.

Loved TJ's play this offseason.

Like it or not, ole SR49 got better over the offseason just as he has each and every year.
    Can you imagine how good that cat will be with a year of no pressure on the bench watching LNAD run the offense the way it is supposed to be run?
    This will give Coach Rogers lots of tape to sit in the film room and say, ......"See, here is what you did wrong, here is what Gus, BB, Brad etc, did and here is what is LNAD did right.

The future isn't to bright here if our project at QB, who appears to be better yet again, is allowed to walk.
    Sage is not the answer.
    JDB is still another 3 years (if at all) from being ready and if the Vikes have a successfull year, we won't be in the running for any of the franchise cats coming out in the draft this year.

gol 'darnit do we have some potential at WR.

I think alot of TJ's success this year could be attributed to the fact that he has been relegated to the 2's and 3's while ole LNAD sucks up all the reps with the ones (CAUSE HIS jiggly butt IS SO FREAKIN BEHIND SCHEDULE).
    He and our young WR's sure seem to be on the same page for the most part.
    Bobby Wade will stick for one more year IMHO, but one of those cats is gonna get his spot.
    The future sure is bright here.

ST's teams are much much better.

See alot of good things coming out of this facet of the team.
    Players are in thier gaps, and running to the same spot the ball is supposed to be, and the ball (finally) is getting to those spots.......
    Saw at least four times were there was a Viking waiting on the ball, in front, on both sides, and behind the reciever.

Shortwell, however, still only gets the ball to about the 5.
    Sure wish we had a cat who could kick it out of the endzone like a couple guys have done this year in preseason.

By the way, were the hell has the "Great Farwell" been on tackles.
    I wonder if that cat will make the team?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings throw away lead, lose 35-31

"Marrdro" wrote:
    While the outcome of the game didn’t matter to the starters that were one the sidelines, it gave a glimpse into the reliability of the backups and the future depth of the team. There were some players making strong impressions, especially on defense, and others, like Rosenfels and Booty, who had disappointing interceptions that could figure into the future of that position, which is the essence of what preseason finales have become.

http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=895442
    [size=10pt]Marrdro's comments follow:[/size]

Wasn't it fun to watch a game last night without some fricken EXPUKER on the field?

I know I have been in his jiggly butt since he got here, but gol 'darnit, if those kids didn't play thier dimply buttocks off last night my friends.
    Our Dcoord and his staff had them ready to play and all of them played in the scheme and didn't try to "Better" himself by grandstanding or taking chances.

Lets hope this carries over into the season, especially when the Wall come down.

Loved TJ's play this offseason.

Like it or not, ole SR49 got better over the offseason just as he has each and every year.
    Can you imagine how good that cat will be with a year of no pressure on the bench watching LNAD run the offense the way it is supposed to be run?
    This will give Coach Rogers lots of tape to sit in the film room and say, ......"See, here is what you did wrong, here is what Gus, BB, Brad etc, did and here is what is LNAD did right.

The future isn't to bright here if our project at QB, who appears to be better yet again, is allowed to walk.
    Sage is not the answer.
    JDB is still another 3 years (if at all) from being ready and if the Vikes have a successfull year, we won't be in the running for any of the franchise cats coming out in the draft this year.

gol 'darnit do we have some potential at WR.

I think alot of TJ's success this year could be attributed to the fact that he has been relegated to the 2's and 3's while ole LNAD sucks up all the reps with the ones (CAUSE HIS jiggly butt IS SO FREAKIN BEHIND SCHEDULE).
    He and our young WR's sure seem to be on the same page for the most part.
    Bobby Wade will stick for one more year IMHO, but one of those cats is gonna get his spot.
    The future sure is bright here.

ST's teams are much much better.

See alot of good things coming out of this facet of the team.
    Players are in thier gaps, and running to the same spot the ball is supposed to be, and the ball (finally) is getting to those spots.......
    Saw at least four times were there was a Viking waiting on the ball, in front, on both sides, and behind the reciever.

Sure wish we had a cat who could kick it out of the endzone like a couple guys have done this year in preseason.
    Not really, I prefer watching our starters...

Is this like the times when you praise Brzezinksi and go back to slating him the next day?

We should have kept Hauschka when we had the chance. Apparently saving a roster spot is worth losing 5-10 yards on every kickoff to the chiller and co.

Imo this is the most interesting part of your post. Yesterday I was racking my brain on how Erin and Onatolu both make the team. I think Farwell may make way. Those two tore shit up in the preseason.

Welcome back Marrdro. Liked what I saw last night, especially on D. Obviously not happy with the two picks taken back to the house. But now is the time to learn and make stupid mistakes...not during the regular season. Not to mention a freak bounce and turn of events with the punt taken back to the house. I like Fred I think if Pat goes down he will fill in nicely. Our future QB is a concern for me also, but we'll see what happens with T-Jack. Good preseason all in all, we are going to have a stout team this year. Let the carnage begin
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Nothing wrong with watching the "Stars", but at some point, one would think you would like to watch the "Future Stars" my friend.

IMHO, if more people watched those cats in situations like last night, more people would understand how a cat made the roster over his favorite college cat.
    ;D

Is this like the times when you praise Brzezinksi and go back to slating him the next day?
    I am pretty consistent when it comes to giving props and then hating on a guy if he does something that warrants it.
    Kindof the open mind thing.
    If more posters would take that approach, we wouldn't have such a divide on a few things on this site.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"battleaxe4cheese" wrote:
    Welcome back Marrdro. Liked what I saw last night, especially on D. Obviously not happy with the two picks taken back to the house. But now is the time to learn and make stupid mistakes...not during the regular season. Not to mention a freak bounce and turn of events with the punt taken back to the house. I like Fred I think if Pat goes down he will fill in nicely. Our future QB is a concern for me also, but we'll see what happens with T-Jack. Good preseason all in all, we are going to have a stout team this year. Let the carnage begin
    I haven't gone anywere my friend.
    Still stop in and read every day and post in the "Non Football" related threads.

It is gonna be fun to watch Guion develop this year.
    He has taken huge steps in the offseason.
    Again, props to ole Leslie and his coaching staff.
    We sure have some nice things perking behind the starters.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

[size=11pt]Tarvaris Jackson error-free in Minnesota Vikings' 35-31 loss to Cowboys[/size]

Tarvaris Jackson didn't do much, but he didn't have to compared to the competition. He got the start and completed just 2 of 4 passes for 42 yards. But Jackson, who has been dogged by trade rumors, led two touchdown drives, including one that ended with a 36-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jeff Dugan in the first quarter.

But more important than what Jackson did was what he did not: turn the ball over.

Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty erased an otherwise clean run through the preseason by the Vikings' offense, each throwing interceptions that were returned for touchdowns and wasted a 21-7 halftime lead.

"At times, it was embarrassing," Vikings coach Brad Childress said of the quarterback play. "I end up putting that on myself. Not having them ready to come out of the locker room at halftime. All the quarterbacks I have ever coached have some regard for the football, and you can't throw it to them."
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_1327409...ce=most_viewed
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Big C is offline Coordinator

Farwell's job is locked. I think Chilli didn't want to risk anything after Kevin Jones and Raji got injured in the final preseason games. Onatulo and Henderson are fighting for roster spots. I liked what I saw from Onatulo (excuse me if I mis-spelled his name).
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Nothing wrong with watching the "Stars", but at some point, one would think you would like to watch the "Future Stars" my friend.

IMHO, if more people watched those cats in situations like last night, more people would understand how a cat made the roster over his favorite college cat.
    ;D

I am pretty consistent when it comes to giving props and then hating on a guy if he does something that warrants it.
    Kindof the open mind thing.
    If more posters would take that approach, we wouldn't have such a divide on a few things on this site.

Please enlighten me to all the poor deals brzez has negotiated that deserve any criticism. He's nothing but class, and can't remember who said it but someone referred to him as our MVP, and imo they were spot on.

Also try applying your open mind to a certain #4.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Are u kidding?

Farwell was rested because he is such a valuable piece to this team

He actually has been doing VERY good in the games he played in

If he doesn't make the tackle he is atleast in there assisting on it or about to if the other guys aren't going to get it

"Tad7" wrote:
    [size=11pt]Tarvaris Jackson error-free in Minnesota Vikings' 35-31 loss to Cowboys[/size]

Tarvaris Jackson didn't do much, but he didn't have to compared to the competition. He got the start and completed just 2 of 4 passes for 42 yards. But Jackson, who has been dogged by trade rumors, led two touchdown drives, including one that ended with a 36-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jeff Dugan in the first quarter.

But more important than what Jackson did was what he did not: turn the ball over.

Sage Rosenfels and John David Booty erased an otherwise clean run through the preseason by the Vikings' offense, each throwing interceptions that were returned for touchdowns and wasted a 21-7 halftime lead.

"At times, it was embarrassing," Vikings coach Brad Childress said of the quarterback play. "I end up putting that on myself. Not having them ready to come out of the locker room at halftime. All the quarterbacks I have ever coached have some regard for the football, and you can't throw it to them."
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_1327409...ce=most_viewed
    After watching last nights game, I think Booty needs to go.
    Both Sage and Booty had terrible interceptions, but the thing that killed me about Booty was this.
    4th and 6, less than a minute to play, and he throws the ball out of bounds...... can't you at least throw it out there and give the reciever a chance to make a play?

Keep Favre, TJack, and Sage.
    Send Booty to the practice squad.
    If he gets picked up, so be it.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast