Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Vikings thrive on chaos

hahaha, that chaos will makes us stronger mentally.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Vikings thrive on chaos[/size]

By David Myers La Crosse Tribune

There are only two things that I am absolutely certain of about the Minnesota Vikings. One is I have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. And two is neither do they.

The Vikings just fired personnel director Fran Foley. This is the same Fran Foley the Vikings hired away from the San Diego Chargers three months ago to bring stability and credibility to the team’s front office. Foley, in a move that should be all too familiar to Vikings fans, is guilty of circulating a slightly embellished résumé.

It wasn’t that long ago that the team welcomed coach George O’Leary into the fold. O’Leary, as you might remember, became available to join the Minnesota staff after the good people at Notre Dame discovered that O’Leary, among other things, didn’t lead the troops at Valley Forge as his résumé stated.

Foley also seems to have a penchant for overstating his accomplishments. Among the many Herculean feats he “inadvertently” took credit for was the role he filled during his stay at Rutgers where he claimed to be the director of football operations and recruiting coordinator from 1987 to 1990 — clearly a position of authority and no doubt filled with major responsibilities. In other words; a real difference maker in the program.

It turns out Foley was really an administrative assistant. Unquestionably that is an important position in any organization. However, his duties probably were less about setting a path for the Scarlet Knights’ football program, as the title suggests, and skewed a bit more toward making certain the coaching staff has fresh coffee and access to plenty of No. 2 pencils.

As if this wasn’t enough, Foley’s management style is said to be reminiscent of Donald Rumsfeld’s, but without all the hugs and warm messages on Post-it Notes.

Evidently within hours of concluding their draft the Vikings as an organization had decided they had seen enough of Foley to last them a lifetime, and began the process of inviting him to leave Minnesota. Foley in turn has decided that he is the wronged party here, which of course leads us to the inevitable wrongful termination lawsuit. What this means is that this reminder of front-office buffoonery isn’t going away quietly.

As we all know, this is just the most recent in an ever-growing list of embarrassing moments for this franchise. From a litany of off-field incidents involving players, the misdeeds ranging from the criminal to the simply dim-witted, to the gaffes and guffaws of management that now include hiring top-level executives who aren’t who they say they are, this team continues to amaze. In spite of all the craziness that invariably accompanies this franchise, the Vikings are a talented and entertaining product on the field. This is quite an accomplishment considering the complete lack of leadership, and integrity that has plagued this team for years now. Clearly this is an organization that feels most comfortable operating in a constant state of chaos.

You just know that if you were to walk into the Vikings front office unannounced it would look like banana time at the monkey cage. I know what you’re thinking. That’s not fair to the monkeys. They know exactly what they’re doing, and they don’t consistently embarrass their admirers. And you’re right. When the monkeys throw feces in your face they don’t ask you to give them $675 million for a new stadium so you can watch them do it again.

David Myers can be reached at [email protected]

Vikings thrive on chaos

Hey atleast he had one nice thing to say about us!!! :cry:
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I just read what dis Wisconsin punk wrote about us.

Ok, ok, I got one of da boys to read it to me.

Well, I got so mad I tol' my shyster lawyer to write back in response to him. Dis is what he wrote:
    =================================================
    Mr. Myers,

My Viking website posted your vitriolic, senseless diatribe about the current activities of the Vikings.

Don't like us, eh?

I was wondering if this some kind of catharsis to relieve your bowels of the disaster that was the Green Bay Packers season. Or, if you're not a Packer fan, you simply had nothing better to do than delightfully post something negative about a team that is going through some difficult times at the moment.

Let's look at what you wrote.

"There are only two things that I am absolutely certain of about the Minnesota Vikings. One is I have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. And two is neither do they."

There is one thing I am absolutely certain of about you, Mr. Myers. Your hatred and scorn of the Minnesota Vikings.

Mr. Myers, this is a new organization. Could you possibly believe it would be free of mistakes? The Vikings hired the best person they considered for the job, from the information they were able to gather, like any other franchise would do. The hire was lauded at the time by many who are considered amongst the well-informed in the NFL. The fact is that when Fran Foley turned out to be not what the Vikings had hoped, that in fact he seemed to be just the opposite, they acted quickly to rectify the situation. That shows to any intelligent and discerning person that the front office is committed to having a quality organization, and will do what it takes to make it so, quickly and forcefully.

No, the Vikings are not immune to making mistakes, but then no one is. Even you, Mr. Myers.

"As we all know, this is just the most recent in an ever-growing list of embarrassing moments for this franchise. From a litany of off-field incidents involving players, the misdeeds ranging from the criminal to the simply dim-witted, to the gaffes and guffaws of management that now include hiring top-level executives who aren’t who they say they are, this team continues to amaze."

The Vikings certainly have had more than their share of bad luck. No one could have foreseen the infamous "Love Boat" scandal. Mike Tice scalping Super Bowl tickets. Onterrio "The Original Whizzinator" Smith. Or the other assorted misdeeds that certain players on the team have committed. Which is why Zygi Wilf has stressed character as much as talent when considering people beneficial to the organization. Unfortunately, there is no foolproof method of finding people of good character. But when people have shown their unworthiness, Wilf has acted upon it. Mike Tice is gone. Fran Foley is gone. Onterrio Smith is gone. This should be lauded, but instead, you ridicule. For shame.

"In spite of all the craziness that invariably accompanies this franchise, the Vikings are a talented and entertaining product on the field. This is quite an accomplishment considering the complete lack of leadership, and integrity that has plagued this team for years now."

Come now, Mr. Myers. Complete lack of leadership? Complete lack of integrity? If the Vikings were this bereft of leadership and integrity, they would not have been a force to be reckoned with on the field, a force that has consistently been in contention for a division title or playoff berth during the years you claim the team has been plagued. It was leadership and integrity that held the team together when the donkey braying from people such as you were raining down upon them. Despite Mike Tice's flaws, he helped keep the team together. Zygi Wilf got them the people they needed on the field, like Darren Sharper, a cast-off from Green Bay who made the Packers rue their releasing of him, and Koren Robinson, a troubled man whom the team gave a chance, and he responded showing his true worth by cleaning up his act and becoming a real man, on and off the field. Those are examples of leadership and integrity.

Integrity is where you find it. Certainly not in your gloating article.

"You just know that if you were to walk into the Vikings front office unannounced it would look like banana time at the monkey cage. I know what you’re thinking. That’s not fair to the monkeys. They know exactly what they’re doing, and they don’t consistently embarrass their admirers. And you’re right. When the monkeys throw feces in your face they don’t ask you to give them $675 million for a new stadium so you can watch them do it again."

Are such crude and vulgar writings the act of a thoughtful and discerning person, or do such childish rants expose the lack of integrity in yourself, Mr. Myers?

Interestingly enough, Mr. Myers, when you wrote about monkeys throwing feces, I was thinking of you. You are not a man writing an open-minded treatise about the activities of a football team going through hard times. You're a sad, laughable chimp, hurling your excrement at the Vikings in some inexplicable rage, a team that, throughout all, has and will continue to persevere.

They will continue to make mistakes. And they will continue to correct them. And they will be all the stronger for it.

However, I must admit, you are quite correct in the fact that the Vikings seem to thrive on chaos. That is the mark of a successful team. When the going gets tough, the tough get going, as they say. If a team can not only survive, but compete and win with such adversity, then that is a team that has leadership and integrity, one that has the ability to conquer all of its problems, both on and off the field.

I hope some day you will be enlightened enough to realize that.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

From now on if your thinking about lying to get a job just rememer two people: George O'Leary, and Fran Foley.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Nice letter Muggsy.

Somehow I would have tossed in a few digs about their own franchise. Such as their miserable free agency & the likes of such players as Jefferson, Lofton, Cade & Chmura.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I got a reply from dat Myers mug, an' you wouldn't believe what he said!
    ==================================================
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to not only read my column, but to let me know what you thought.

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my criticism. I’m actually a HUGE Vikings fan. That’s probably why my emotions occasionally spill over into my column.

I do hope that the fact we are even discussing the Vikes in our paper is a step in the right direction.

I’d love to check out your Viking Web site. If you get a chance, please send me the address. (I’ll be back in the office on Tuesday.)

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Dave

p.s. Wouldn’t just a little less chaos be nice?

===============================================
    An' dis is what I had ta say back at 'im, da sneaky mug. :wink:
    Ah, a Viking infiltrator in Cheeseland, eh? Very good!

Yes, I would love to read about the Vikings without the sting of journalistic whiplash due to the dreaded word "controversy". A LOT less chaos would be nice.

And I am also guilty of venting my wrath on my Vikes when I thought they had gone too... too... well, I didn't want to say 'overboard' (Loveboat reference). Now that I see where you are coming from, I understand completely the vehemence of your article. Problem is, most of the gang at PP.O (Purplepride.org) have you classified as a 'Troll', one who blasts away in derision with amateurish glee. But, I'll post your answer so that they may understand. You can find us at:

http://www.purplepride.org/

Hope to see you online at PP.O soon.

Take care.
    Ya just never knows, y'know? :smile:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

punisher is offline Training Camp

Don't the Pack also have a running back (Davenport) who took a dump in the closet of some female while in college? Anyone else recall this?

siouxfan95 is offline Waterboy

Takin' dumps is funny.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Muggsy" wrote:
    I got a reply from dat Myers mug, an' you wouldn't believe what he said!
    ==================================================
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to not only read my column, but to let me know what you thought.

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my criticism. I’m actually a HUGE Vikings fan. That’s probably why my emotions occasionally spill over into my column.

I do hope that the fact we are even discussing the Vikes in our paper is a step in the right direction.

I’d love to check out your Viking Web site. If you get a chance, please send me the address. (I’ll be back in the office on Tuesday.)

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Dave

p.s. Wouldn’t just a little less chaos be nice?

An' dis is what I had ta say back at 'im, da sneaky mug. :wink:
    Ah, a Viking infiltrator in Cheeseland, eh? Very good!

Yes, I would love to read about the Vikings without the sting of journalistic whiplash due to the dreaded word "controversy". A LOT less chaos would be nice.

And I am also guilty of venting my wrath on my Vikes when I thought they had gone too... too... well, I didn't want to say 'overboard' (Loveboat reference). Now that I see where you are coming from, I understand completely the vehemence of your article. Problem is, most of the gang at PP.O (Purplepride.org) have you classified as a 'Troll', one who blasts away in derision with amateurish glee. But, I'll post your answer so that they may understand. You can find us at:

http://www.purplepride.org/

Hope to see you online at PP.O soon.

Take care.
    Ya just never knows, y'know? :smile:
    I'm wondering, now that I know he's a Vikings fan, if I went to school with the author in Winona. It might be a different David Myers though.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12