Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings thrive on chaos

[size=18px]Vikings thrive on chaos[/size]

By David Myers La Crosse Tribune

There are only two things that I am absolutely certain of about the Minnesota Vikings. One is I have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. And two is neither do they.

The Vikings just fired personnel director Fran Foley. This is the same Fran Foley the Vikings hired away from the San Diego Chargers three months ago to bring stability and credibility to the team’s front office. Foley, in a move that should be all too familiar to Vikings fans, is guilty of circulating a slightly embellished résumé.

It wasn’t that long ago that the team welcomed coach George O’Leary into the fold. O’Leary, as you might remember, became available to join the Minnesota staff after the good people at Notre Dame discovered that O’Leary, among other things, didn’t lead the troops at Valley Forge as his résumé stated.

Foley also seems to have a penchant for overstating his accomplishments. Among the many Herculean feats he “inadvertently” took credit for was the role he filled during his stay at Rutgers where he claimed to be the director of football operations and recruiting coordinator from 1987 to 1990 — clearly a position of authority and no doubt filled with major responsibilities. In other words; a real difference maker in the program.

It turns out Foley was really an administrative assistant. Unquestionably that is an important position in any organization. However, his duties probably were less about setting a path for the Scarlet Knights’ football program, as the title suggests, and skewed a bit more toward making certain the coaching staff has fresh coffee and access to plenty of No. 2 pencils.

As if this wasn’t enough, Foley’s management style is said to be reminiscent of Donald Rumsfeld’s, but without all the hugs and warm messages on Post-it Notes.

Evidently within hours of concluding their draft the Vikings as an organization had decided they had seen enough of Foley to last them a lifetime, and began the process of inviting him to leave Minnesota. Foley in turn has decided that he is the wronged party here, which of course leads us to the inevitable wrongful termination lawsuit. What this means is that this reminder of front-office buffoonery isn’t going away quietly.

As we all know, this is just the most recent in an ever-growing list of embarrassing moments for this franchise. From a litany of off-field incidents involving players, the misdeeds ranging from the criminal to the simply dim-witted, to the gaffes and guffaws of management that now include hiring top-level executives who aren’t who they say they are, this team continues to amaze. In spite of all the craziness that invariably accompanies this franchise, the Vikings are a talented and entertaining product on the field. This is quite an accomplishment considering the complete lack of leadership, and integrity that has plagued this team for years now. Clearly this is an organization that feels most comfortable operating in a constant state of chaos.

You just know that if you were to walk into the Vikings front office unannounced it would look like banana time at the monkey cage. I know what you’re thinking. That’s not fair to the monkeys. They know exactly what they’re doing, and they don’t consistently embarrass their admirers. And you’re right. When the monkeys throw feces in your face they don’t ask you to give them $675 million for a new stadium so you can watch them do it again.

David Myers can be reached at [email protected]

Vikings thrive on chaos

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Vikings thrive on chaos

And just in case you missed it on the link, you can reply to the article there.

Incidently, LaCrosse is in Wisconsin.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

why they hatin

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Apparently he is so unimpressed with the prospects for the packers this year that he has to take out his frustrations west of the border.

We may be inept in our front office but we will still spank the pack twice this year.

And not a word about Longwell or their free agency signings. :wink:

Json is offline GM

I'm so tired of negative press by people, and the last thing I feel like reading is an article from some Wisconsin chump. And how and the hell do you make a reference that the Vikings are like Monkeys. What a scum bag.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

And they wonder why they get pseudo-mooned by players from other teams.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I have a question.. Is anybody here embarrased by having to fire Foley for being twit and a liar? I'm not. I could care less. Wilf hired him and it turned out he had been lied too and Foley was an ass. So he fired him. So what? :razz:

WWBGD

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Vikings thrive on chaos[/size]

By David Myers La Crosse Tribune

There are only two things that I am absolutely certain of about the Minnesota Vikings. One is I have absolutely no idea what they’re doing. And two is neither do they.

The Vikings just fired personnel director Fran Foley. This is the same Fran Foley the Vikings hired away from the San Diego Chargers three months ago to bring stability and credibility to the team’s front office. Foley, in a move that should be all too familiar to Vikings fans, is guilty of circulating a slightly embellished résumé.
    What? it was definately more than slightly. I would consider it slightly if we were hiring him for janitorial services or something, but to run our team operations??? C'mon. I wonder where that sob writer would be if he "slightly embellished" his resume.... probably right where he is now, a brothel.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"RK." wrote:
    I have a question.. Is anybody here embarrased by having to fire Foley for being twit and a liar? I'm not. I could care less. Wilf hired him and it turned out he had been lied too and Foley was an jiggly butt. So he fired him. So what? :razz:
    Exactly! Lying on your resume is grounds to be fired in any organization. He made his bed, now he can lay in it.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast