Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Team report

Bennett being the "primary" back is just that...primary. I would expect Bennett to get between 15 and 20 carries a game, Smith to get 6-10 carries a game, and Moe to get 0-4 (primarily being a 3rd down receiver out of the backfield). Smith will come in as a change of pace, to give Bennett a breather, or just to put a fresh body in against a weary, worn-down defense. Bennett will probably average 5 yards a carry, so even at 15 carries a game that would add up to 1200 yards over the season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings Team report

I see no reason why Mewelde can't get some playing time in this year. Like muchluv said he is an outstanding receiving back, he did a lot of that at Tulane and I think the Vikings would be wise to use him some in that role too. I honestly can't believe the Vikings got him when they did, and he is one player we definately need to hang on to. But I don't think him playing will limit Michael Bennett in any way.

One thing these fantasy analysts forget is that the Vikings are primarily a running team. These guys point to the Eagles and say that a run by committee is not good for the individual RBs, and that it hurts their fantasy value. But that's because the Eagles don't run the ball as much as the Vikings, they are mainly a passing offense. With as many talented RBs as the Vikings have, I would expect us to return to our 2002 rushing level where we had more carries than any other team, and we may even go beyond that. I do not believe that the Vikings depth at running back hurts their fantasy value that much or that that backfield is too crowded. Keep in mind Moe Williams, as much as I admire him, won't be around much longer.

Tice loves to run the football and he probably foaming at the mouth over the chance to attack opposing defenses with as many runners as he has. Since the Vikings will be such a dominant rushing team this year, fantasy owners would be wise to pick up a Viking back. Bennett would make a good #2 and Smith would be a very good backup to a fantasy team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12