Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings Team report

http://www.footballguys.com/04teamreport_min.htm

This is from a fantasy football website, so that's the focus of the analysis, but I thought some people might find this interesting. As a note on the "running backs" section of the article; they wrote
    "It's unlikely any of these backs will post double digit TD, and it's possible none of them will eclipse 1,000-yards rushing if they all become role players. Bennett seems to be the front-runner if Minnesota goes to a primary back philosophy."
    On Kfan the other day, Tice said that Bennett will be the starter, Williams will be a role player, and Smith will be the guy when Bennett needs a break. It sounds like they're planning more of primary back pilosophy for this season.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Team report

"josdin00" wrote:
    http://www.footballguys.com/04teamreport_min.htm

This is from a fantasy football website, so that's the focus of the analysis, but I thought some people might find this interesting. As a note on the "running backs" section of the article; they wrote
    "It's unlikely any of these backs will post double digit TD, and it's possible none of them will eclipse 1,000-yards rushing if they all become role players. Bennett seems to be the front-runner if Minnesota goes to a primary back philosophy."
    On Kfan the other day, Tice said that Bennett will be the starter, Williams will be a role player, and Smith will be the guy when Bennett needs a break. It sounds like they're planning more of primary back pilosophy for this season.

I know we are talking about bennett being our primary RB this year, but I don't believe it. Bennett is a small RB and ifhe gets 25 carries a game, he is gonna get hurt again. Yes, he can have games where he does carry the ball 25-30 times, but not every week. I bet all 4 Rb's get plenty of PT this year. There are always injuries for RB's, so when one occurs, the others will get more PT. I will believe that bennett will be our main RB when i see it. 15-20 carries to me, doesn't count as qualify as our primary RB unless we didn't run the ball much that game.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Vikings Team report

I don't think Mewelde will get very many carries at all, or offensive touches for that matter!! I think he'll see most of his time on special teams. He'll get very minimal touches on the offensive side of the ball though, just my opinion!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Team report

VKG4LFE

I agree I don't think Mewelde will get many carries, and Bennett needs the ball at least 20 times a game to get his rhythm going.

Never have been a running back by committee fan. None of the backs excel in that type of a situation.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Vikings Team report

I like having backs to spell the starter, but that's about it!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikings Team report

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't think Mewelde will get very many carries at all, or offensive touches for that matter!! I think he'll see most of his time on special teams. He'll get very minimal touches on the offensive side of the ball though, just my opinion!!

Mewelde isn't your typical rookie RB, like onterrio and bennett were. He is very polished in the passing game, both receiving and blocking. He was labeled as the most ready RB in the draft at starting in the NFL. He will see plenty of PT during pasing downs. Moe is getting older, and needs to have his PT cut down so he can stay healthy. I just see plenty of PT for mewelde even with all RB's healthy, which won't be the case all year long. You guys will be suprised at what you see from this kid when he gets to play, he was drafted way too late IMO.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings Team report

well then maybe he will turn into the steal of the draft!! The fact that he's so excited to be in purple is good too!!! I can't wait to see what he can do!

Vikings Team report

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I like having backs to spell the starter, but that's about it!!

I don't think bennett is your typical starting RB though. He will probably get hurt if he carries the ball as much as an ahman green or other primary RB's. Look at his pro bowl year, he still didn't have anywhere near the carries that other primary RB's did.

Vikings Team report

Remember he played at Tulane! Granted it's D1, but the talent level is lower than playing in the ACC, BIG TEN, SEC, BIG 12, etc. I hope to he!! he is that good though!! I'm not saying he isn't going to play, I hope he's our next David Palmer, that guy was money!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Vikings Team report

all of our backs have areas of need

1: bennett lacks power to breakthrough holes
    2: Smith lacks blocking needed and familiarity with offensive schemes
    3: Williams speed is his only draw back, if he were faster he'd be one of the best backs in the league
    4: Moore: lacks experience and is not a speed demon either.

Smith has the biggest potential. but I think it will take this year to get him up to where he needs to be. You can teach blocking and offense. You can;t teach power. I see a great year for bennett and a very high trade value for a guy who will need a great O line to do well.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast