Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Team Report 07/12/08

[size=13pt]Vikings Team Report[/size]

Yahoo! Sports
    11 hours, 20 minutes ago

Inside Slant

Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze, who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in February, was set to undergo a bone marrow transplant early this month....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

sh01002 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings Team Report 07/12/08

oh thats aweful
    Play in my Vikings fantasy football league!
    http://www.rotohog.com/group/nfl/joinleagues/viewleague?leagueid=9025

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"sh01002" wrote:
    oh thats aweful

aweful? its good news!
    yes its bad that he was diagnosed with it in the first place, but thats been known for a while.
    Its amazing that it was declared in remission a while back, and that he's recovering so fast.
    He's doing well and staying positive
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

interesting thing at the bottom of that article:

Former Vikings safety Robert Griffith recently signed a one-day ceremonial contract with the team for the purpose of retiring as a member of the franchise. Griffith was with the Vikings from 1994 to 2001 and made the Pro Bowl team after the 2000 season. He also spent time with Cleveland and Arizona but did not play last year.

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:

Former Vikings safety Robert Griffith recently signed a one-day ceremonial contract with the team for the purpose of retiring as a member of the franchise. Griffith was with the Vikings from 1994 to 2001 and made the Pro Bowl team after the 2000 season. He also spent time with Cleveland and Arizona but did not play last year.
    GG started a thread on that a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to see him want to retire a Viking & the FO obliging.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45940.0

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I always thought Robert Griffith was a heck of a safety, and it's nice that our FO signed him to retire a Minnesota Viking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Good stuff on Keneche my friend.
    Thanks.

The Vikings hope is that Frerotte can be a mentor to Jackson and help him through any struggles.
    I for one, hope coach Rogers keeps Gus in coffee so he doesn't have to waste any of his (Gus) time getting TJ ready for this season.
    :(Sarcasim alert) :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

GG started a thread on that a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to see him want to retire a Viking & the FO obliging.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=45940.0
    apparantly i missed that one, been busy at times, don't get to read every single article posted like i used to

- Dan Calabrese

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Good stuff on Keneche my friend.
    Thanks.

The Vikings hope is that Frerotte can be a mentor to Jackson and help him through any struggles.
    I for one, hope coach Rogers keeps Gus in coffee so he doesn't have to waste any of his (Gus) time getting TJ ready for this season.
    :(Sarcasim alert) :
    Maybe Gus can give Tarvaris a few pointers on touchdown celebrations.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Udeze is confident he will be playing football again for the Vikings in 2009. The team placed him on the reserve/non-football injury (NFI) list this spring, meaning they were not obligated to pay him for this season.

The team, however, said it would pay Udeze his base salary of $807,500 for 2008 so he could concentrate on his recovery.

This was to have been the final season of the five-year contract Udeze signed with the Vikings in 2004 after the team made him its first-round pick. But under the rules of the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, “a player on NFI who is in the final year of his contract will have his contract tolled.”

That means Udeze’s contract won’t run during the 2008 season and thus now will go through 2009.

“Isn’t that crazy?” Udeze said. “It will be good because you can work up your resume again, show everybody that you’re healthy again.”

Udeze also is thankful to the Vikings for guaranteeing his money for this year.

“I’d say anybody dealing with this, especially in my position being a professional athlete, they want to know where they stand,” he said. “I feel like I’ve been playing at a reasonable level but I never felt like I’ve tipped the scales of what I can do. Nobody knows which way the organization is going to pull you or want you in the future or if they’ve just kind of had enough with you.

“I just told myself with everyday that I go out there, everybody sees that I do the best I can. When I found out the news (of the Vikings guaranteeing his salary) I was kind of taken back by it.”
    Its really nice to know we have owners that care about the team and the players and put them first.
    Very classy move by the FO.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast