singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Team Report 06/27/08

[size=13pt]Vikings Team Report[/size]

Yahoo! Sports
    yahoo.com

Jun 27, 2:59 am EDT

The Vikings got an opportunity to see expensive offseason additions Jared Allen, Bernard Berrian and Madieu Williams on the field during the team’s recently concluded workouts, but the biggest reason for optimism might have surrounded the performance by quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings Team Report 06/27/08

Thanks for the read my friend.

“It’s like night and day,” Jackson said. “Compared to this time last year, I feel like a whole different quarterback, really. Running plays, poised, knowing the system, and just being more confident. … Things are much slower. I’m seeing things a lot better.”
    Thats the kindof crap I want to hear right thar....... ;D

Sullivan appears to be the guy the Vikings want to replace Birk, who will be a free agent after the season.
    That should shut up all the "Cook To Center" crowd.

Sudden impact: Wide receiver Aundrae Allison - The speedy receiver had little impact on offense last season finishing with only eight receptions. However, Allison looked very good in OTA practices and minicamp and caught several deep passes from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.
    Call me silly, but I think that AA (along with all our WR's/TE's/RB's) will be very productive this year in the passing game even with the balanced attack of 60% (run)/40% pass ratio.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

“It’s like night and day,” Jackson said. “Compared to this time last year, I feel like a whole different quarterback, really. Running plays, poised, knowing the system, and just being more confident. … Things are much slower. I’m seeing things a lot better.”

Sullivan appears to be the guy the Vikings want to replace Birk, who will be a free agent after the season.

Sudden impact: Wide receiver Aundrae Allison - The speedy receiver had little impact on offense last season finishing with only eight receptions. However, Allison looked very good in OTA practices and minicamp and caught several deep passes from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson.
    Call me silly, but I think that AA (along with all our WR's/TE's/RB's) will be very productive this year in the passing game even with the balanced attack of 60% (run)/40% pass ratio.
    ;D
    Marr you are so silly ;D

Allison very productive? I'm not sure... Berrian, Rice and Wade are going to be the main contributors, i don't know what role Furgie is going to have. though, i do think he will see more time than last year.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Marr you are so silly ;D

Allison very productive? I'm not sure... Berrian, Rice and Wade are going to be the main contributors, i don't know what role Furgie is going to have. though, i do think he will see more time than last year.
    Ever the optimist my friend.
    Ever the optimist.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

One example came on the second day when the Vikings ran a blitz drill. A year ago, Jackson struggled in the face of pressure and often made panicked, and incorrect, decisions. Jackson wasn’t perfect this time but he was more decisive in his decision-making. At one point during an 11-on-11 drill he evaded the pressure, moved up in the pocket and completed a short pass to running back Chester Taylor.
    Some of that progress could be seen on the deep patterns on which Jackson found Berrian during practices. The two continue to try to build a chemistry but Berrian’s presence clearly gives the Vikings the type of deep threat they so desperately needed last season in order to loosen up defenses that consistently put eight-men in the box in order to stop Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson.

We won't have to worry about the OL AT ALL if this continues into the season.

Although the potential of having running backs Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor on the field at the same time could cause big problems for opponents, Vikings coach Brad Childress sounded like he plans to pick and choose his spots when he uses the two together. “At times it will make sense,” Childress said. “It we feel like it can create a personnel advantage. There’s only one ball to carry. … But we’re not apt to just do that just to say that they’re both in the backfield at the same time.”
    Thank You Brad Childress for finally listening to me.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    One example came on the second day when the Vikings ran a blitz drill. A year ago, Jackson struggled in the face of pressure and often made panicked, and incorrect, decisions. Jackson wasn’t perfect this time but he was more decisive in his decision-making. At one point during an 11-on-11 drill he evaded the pressure, moved up in the pocket and completed a short pass to running back Chester Taylor.
    Some of that progress could be seen on the deep patterns on which Jackson found Berrian during practices. The two continue to try to build a chemistry but Berrian’s presence clearly gives the Vikings the type of deep threat they so desperately needed last season in order to loosen up defenses that consistently put eight-men in the box in order to stop Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson.

We won't have to worry about the OL AT ALL if this continues into the season.

Although the potential of having running backs Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor on the field at the same time could cause big problems for opponents, Vikings coach Brad Childress sounded like he plans to pick and choose his spots when he uses the two together. “At times it will make sense,” Childress said. “It we feel like it can create a personnel advantage. There’s only one ball to carry. … But we’re not apt to just do that just to say that they’re both in the backfield at the same time.”
    Thank You Brad Childress for finally listening to me.
    If you think he is basically saying its a bit silly to run both of them out there all the time, then that is the second time we agreed today.

Webby, quick, you better do your server backups........ ;D