Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings Team Member Accused of Assault

Good. Maybe the team will rally around this. We have boat scandal and we started focusing and winning. We need the negative press to get us going.

"RAIDERS OF THE NORTH"

SKOL!

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

The StarTribune says she was "pushed"...how lame! What is this, elementary school recess? I know, never strike a women and this is true, but c'mon...getting pushed turns into AN ASSAULT! The media will feast on this like a woman was killed....she apparently had a small bruise.

The media these days is terrible....seriously! I mean, next thing you know we'll be talking about how a Vikings player broke some chick's nail or something....I don't put much stock into this. I think our team is viewed as "goons" and the media and others are taking advantage of it to make $$$. Whatever, its just another hyped up story.

Read this!

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/838515.html

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

it was chris kluwe kickin some hos around
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

SO we don't know who it was?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Well she was "pushed" so I bet it was Smoot...just like when he's covering WR's in games...he pushes them after 5 yards and gets Illegal Contact (*which is what this would technically be classified as)

Plus Smoot loves hos

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Smoot is BAD. He looked horrible in the game on Sunday, Griffin did a way better job in coverage! Oh well, we won!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    Good. Maybe the team will rally around this. We have boat scandal and we started focusing and winning. We need the negative press to get us going.

"RAIDERS OF THE NORTH"

SKOL!
    Good?
    I don't see how this is good.
    Even if it is true, this is not what this team needs right now.
    I'm getting sick of all these off the field antics.
    I'm not saying they are supposed to be perfect but when you are in the public eye like that you gotta be careful.
    I really hope that this is just a rumor and nothing comes of it.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i dont know if last sundays game was an example of smoots bad games
    ???
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

1st of all, it sounds like someone trying to get a quick buck

2nd Read this-"There was an altercation when the victim was told to leave the Viking's house. She alleges she was pushed," Olson said, noting that alcohol was involved. "We need to ask more questions to see if the case goes forward."
    It sounds like she may have refused to leave the house, which may get the player off the hook because he has a right to remove her from his property (at least I believe he does)

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I'll admit that the system isn't perfect, and innocent people do get their reputations ruined... but from my experience in law enforcement, if a young lady says she has been assaulted, the vast majority of the time she has.
    Unless the accused is wealthy or in a position of authority (as in Acumen's example), the accuser rarely gains anything, and actually tends to suffer socially from making the accusations, even if they turn out to be true.

Hopefully in this case the allegations are false.
    I respect your point of view based on experience Nodak, but my experience is the opposite.
    In 16 years of detective work I personally conducted 19 rape allegations.
    In 18, the "victim" eventually admitted the allegation was false for reasons ranging from "my parents/husband/boyfriend might find out" to an incident where an idiot had consensual sex with a gal and then threw a twenty dollar bill on her night stand when he was leaving!

:

She quite understandably became angry.
    My point of view is EVERYONE's identity should remain anonymous until the investigation is complete and a trial then becomes public.
    I agree with Acumen, i.e. why should a man's reputation be smeared?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast