Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Team Member Accused of Assault

"singersp" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Actually think Smoot could be a scapegoat on the field but not off the field.

Getting yourself into problems off the field is totally different.

I am going to use an extreme example here, way out there, to make a point.

If I have a crackhead family member or friend, and I go to law school (hard work) and
    become a judge and now am running for office, I am not going to go hangout with a crackhead friend.
    Basically, if the people you want to hangout with don't know what is best to help you continue with what you are doing then you stay away from them.
    Immerse yourself into what you are doing, do the best job possible.
    It isn't all fun and games.

Smoot is doing nothing to help himself.
    He has been paid and at this point he must not want to play football at a high level anymore.

JMHO, Smoot is just doing what he needs to to get by.
    Like I said earlier "amateurs practice to do things right, professionals practice to not do them wrong". Get your head out the clouds and play ball, and maybe we will scrutinize less of what you do...........
    Then where is your criticism of McKinnie? The Love boat was not a Smoot part of 1. McKinnie was there feasting away. Then there was the incident where him & Memo were getting rid of party trash at a local dump, not to mention the incident ast the gas station last year. He has had his share of off-field incidents as well.

His play on the field has been less than spectacular & he is getting burned on pass plays right & left. Then we turn around and throw all kinds of money at him.

People have been criticizing McKinnie all year (including me) and I was not happy that we resigned him because I was hoping we would go after a left tackle in FA!
    I think McKinnie is overrated and gets burned way to often from a speed rusher or if a team overloads his side he never seems to pick the right guy to block.

The Bobbie and Steve's incident last year was nothing, he was told to leave by a cop and he didn't do it fast enough, it was a pile of crap.
    And the party trash incident was nothing also, channel 9 sensationalized the incident for rating and they had a stem of grapes they showed on TV and indicated they were going to have it tested to see if it was marijuana it was so ridiculous that I was laughing at them, and I called their station and told them as much.

But again I am not in favor of keeping McKinnie because he is over paid and isn't doing the job, and unless he starts I think we wasted 48 million dollars.

But one thing Mckinnie doesn't do is run his mouth in public like Smoot and that is one of reasons why Smoot gets such criticism if you are going to talk the talk then you have to back it up on the field or you look like a punk, and Smoot is definitely looking punkish.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings Team Member Accused of Assault

"whackthepack" wrote:

The Bobbie and Steve's incident last year was nothing, he was told to leave by a cop and he didn't do it fast enough, it was a pile of crap.
    And the party trash incident was nothing also, channel 9 sensationalized the incident for rating and they had a stem of grapes they showed on TV and indicated they were going to have it tested to see if it was marijuana it was so ridiculous that I was laughing at them, and I called their station and told them as much.
    That's exactly my point. It wasn't a big deal & neither is this. A woman makes false accusations against a player & he takes the brunt of the blame for it.

"whackthepack" wrote:

But one thing Mckinnie doesn't do is run his mouth in public like Smoot and that is one of reasons why Smoot gets such criticism if going to talk the talk then you have to back it up on the field or you look like a punk, and Smoot is definitely looking punkish.
    Smoot has run his mouth in the past, but I don't recall any incidents this year of him running his mouth against other teams/players. From what I've been reading, Sharper & Smith have been doing enough of that this year.

Smoot has been playing good ball lately, but not as good as Griffin, thus the demotion.

If we loose a game, it is not because one or a few players were trash talking & can't back it up. It is a team sport & the team fails to execute as a whole or makes stupid mistakes that results in penalties & turnovers.

I don't think we've lost any games as a result of our defensive play, sans the Patriots game, in as much as we have on the offensive side of the ball. Our failure to put up TD's in the redzone has cost us dearly this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112