Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Team Member Accused of Assault

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

So because you don't like him he is automatically guilty of anything he is accused of.
    And it is his fault.
    Man, I hope you never get put on a jury.

And what does his being injury prone have to do with his off field behavior?
    Or bad-mouthing Tice.
    Tice deserved to be bad mouthed - he was a horrible, horrible coach.
    Getting replaced in the starting lineup?
    I thought that had more to do with his performance on the field...
    All negatives in a fans eyes
    Additional spotlight attention, the guy is under a microscope because of his mouth.

What if the player had been Brad Johnson?
    Or Kevin Williams?
    Would they have been judged guilty without evidence like Smoot?
    Brad = No
    KWill = Yes, prior off the field problems.

One strike
    Two strikes
    Three strikes

Thank you Snow!
    And Nodak if you can not understand a post maybe don't post about it!

And Nodak way to take it out of context and just use part of the quote and disregard the rest of the post because it explains why I posted that.

And for the people that are saying Smoot is being blamed unjustly, well if you keep putting yourself in these positions (like Smoot has) when you are a high profile person then people are going to assume that you are a trouble maker and that you are a punk, and it seems that he has done that enough so people assume that it is him and not the situation.

Kind of forgot that part, didn't you.

And for the people that are saying Smoot is being blamed unjustly, well if you keep putting yourself in these positions (like Smoot has) when you are a high profile person then people are going to assume that you are a trouble maker and that you are a punk, and it seems that he has done that enough so people assume that it is him and not the situation

So because of his big mouth when he got to Minnesota and him not backing it up on the field, then the Boat incident, then the New Years eve incident, then bad mouthing Tice in the Press, then all the injuries and then getting replaced in the starting lineup last year and this year he put himself in this position nobody else did, just him!

I never once referred to myself thinking he was guilty of anything, I expressed why people think badly of him and accuse him so quite putting words in my mouth!

And who said I hate Smoot?
    Actually before you joined the posters at PP.O adopted Viking players, and guess who my adopted player was?
    times up!
    Fred Smoot.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Additional spotlight attention, the guy is under a microscope because of his mouth.
    Fair enough.
    I don't agree with it but I can see your point of view.
    When someone is in the spotlight, every action will be visible to the public, and therefore scrutinized.
    Smoot does have a bad track record in Minnesota, and many fans, for some reason, group everything bad together.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Thank you Snow!
    Never said I didn't understand it, and there really isn't reason to be a dick this early in the morning.
    I was saying that I think the act of deciding that someone is guilty in leau of evidence supporting his innocence just because you don't like him is wrong, both morally and legally when applied to our justice process.
    I understand people who make judgments like that all too well...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Actually think Smoot could be a scapegoat on the field but not off the field.

Getting yourself into problems off the field is totally different.

I am going to use an extreme example here, way out there, to make a point.

If I have a crackhead family member or friend, and I go to law school (hard work) and
    become a judge and now am running for office, I am not going to go hangout with a crackhead friend.
    Basically, if the people you want to hangout with don't know what is best to help you continue with what you are doing then you stay away from them.
    Immerse yourself into what you are doing, do the best job possible.
    It isn't all fun and games.

Smoot is doing nothing to help himself.
    He has been paid and at this point he must not want to play football at a high level anymore.

JMHO, Smoot is just doing what he needs to to get by.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Fair enough.
    I don't agree with it but I can see your point of view.
    When someone is in the spotlight, every action will be visible to the public, and therefore scrutinized.

Smoot does have a bad track record in Minnesota, and many fans, for some reason, group everything bad together.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Thank you Snow!
    Never said I didn't understand it, and there really isn't reason to be a slick willy this early in the morning.
    I was saying that I think the act of deciding that someone is guilty in leau of evidence supporting his innocence just because you don't like him is wrong, both morally and legally when applied to our justice process.

And Nodak way to take it out of context and just use part of the quote and disregard the rest of the post because it explains why I posted that.

And for the people that are saying Smoot is being blamed unjustly, well if you keep putting yourself in these positions (like Smoot has) when you are a high profile person then people are going to assume that you are a trouble maker and that you are a punk, and it seems that he has done that enough so people assume that it is him and not the situation.

Kind of forgot that part, didn't you.

And for the people that are saying Smoot is being blamed unjustly, well if you keep putting yourself in these positions (like Smoot has) when you are a high profile person then people are going to assume that you are a trouble maker and that you are a punk, and it seems that he has done that enough so people assume that it is him and not the situation

So because of his big mouth when he got to Minnesota and him not backing it up on the field, then the Boat incident, then the New Years eve incident, then bad mouthing Tice in the Press, then all the injuries and then getting replaced in the starting lineup last year and this year he put himself in this position nobody else did, just him!

I never once referred to myself thinking he was guilty of anything, I expressed why people think badly of him and accuse him so quit putting words in my mouth!

And who said I hate Smoot?
    Actually before you joined the posters at PP.O adopted Viking players, and guess who my adopted player was?

times up!
    Fred Smoot.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Thank you Snow!
    Never said I didn't understand it, and there really isn't reason to be a slick willy this early in the morning.
    True!

I wasn't necessarily saying he was guilty in this case, just that he makes bad choices off the field, and he has done so in the past.
    Leads one to steer that direction.
    Final verdict is not in yet on this incident.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:

If I have a crackhead family member or friend, and I go to law school (hard work) and
    become a judge and now am running for office, I am not going to go hangout with a crackhead friend.
    Basically, if the people you want to hangout with don't know what is best to help you continue with what you are doing then you stay away from them.

He has been paid and at this point he must not want to play football at a high level anymore.

Like I said earlier "amateurs practice to do things right, professionals practice to not do them wrong". Get your head out the clouds and play ball, and maybe we will scrutinize less of what you do...........

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    *snip*
    ** edit - in retrospect, there is really no point hijacking this thread to argue with someone about semantics and intent, so i am editing that part of my response out. **

snow, I find myself agreeing with you.
    I admittedly tend to be slightly defensive about Smoot because of what I perceived as unwarranted negative fan reaction after the Carolina game... but you definitely have a point.
    I think he may have given up on the Vikings at this point (or possibly the NFL in general), and is not putting forth the effort he is being paid for.
    Disappointing...

My hopes now are that he still retains a decent amount of trade value in the offseason.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Like I said earlier "amateurs practice to do things right, professionals practice to not do them wrong". Get your head out the clouds and play ball, and maybe we will scrutinize less of what you do...........
    Then where is your criticism of McKinnie? The Love boat was not a Smoot part of 1. McKinnie was there feasting away. Then there was the incident where him & Memo were getting rid of party trash at a local dump, not to mention the incident ast the gas station last year. He has had his share of off-field incidents as well.

His play on the field has been less than spectacular & he is getting burned on pass plays right & left. Then we turn around and throw all kinds of money at him.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Thank you Snow!
    True!

I wasn't necessarily saying he was guilty in this case, just that he makes bad choices off the field, and he has done so in the past.
    ??? It's not? Sounds to me like it has.

1. Woman claims Smoot pushed her out the door & she fell & asks police how she can go about suing Smoot.

2. Witnesses, including her friends says she's lying & that it didn't happen that way.

3. Police find no evidence of wrong doing, don't charge Smoot & close the case.

4. Woman withdraws charges against Smoot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Thank you Snow!
    True!

??? It's not? Sounds to me like it has.

1. Woman claims Smoot pushed her out the door & she fell & asks police how she can go about suing Smoot.

2. Witnesses, including her friends says she's lying & that it didn't happen that way.

3. Police find no evidence of wrong doing, don't charge Smoot & close the case.

4. Woman withdraws charges against Smoot.
    Some non-Viking needs to go over and pimpslap that woman!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast