Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings | Team expected to remain active

The whole coaching staff needs to be slapped. Cutting Offord and signing Baker is really unacceptable to me. So is releasing Jason Carter. You can compare Carter's production on offense to Farwell's production on defense in the preseason.

Say what you want but there is not much reason to be optimistic about our backups at QB, WR, RB, or DB. At least we have depth on the lines...
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, I didn't see Carter getting the axe.. I thought he was in line to take punt and/or kickoff returns? I guess not, any idea who will? I am going with Mewelde Moore now..

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    The whole coaching staff needs to be slapped. Cutting Offord and signing Baker is really unacceptable to me. So is releasing Jason Carter. You can compare Carter's production on offense to Farwell's production on defense in the preseason.

Say what you want but there is not much reason to be optimistic about our backups at QB, WR, RB, or DB. At least we have depth on the lines...
    We have filled out our depth very well with the decisions made I like our RBs and QBs, our WRs have a mix of youth and experience, and our Dbs will be fine with this Tampa 2 how can you be upset that Offord was cut anyway that means both Will Hunter and Greg Blue are better then him and make the team better.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

"V-Unit" wrote:

In all honesty, over the last week I think we have improved our backup depth. Bollinger is an obvious improvement over McMahon at QB, and like him or not a healthy Pinkston is an improvement over Carter at WR and even though I was a big supporter of Wendell this preseason, Pinner is an improvemnt over Mathis at RB. Sure, the Offord cut does boggle my mind, but I'm sure the coaches did it for a reason. Farwell made the team because of his special teams ability. I liked some of what Carter did this preseason, but he was just a stop gap as a return man. Sure, I hope Carter and Mathis both make the practice squad, but as far as I'm concerned, everything else seems to be coming together quite nicely.
    Even babies know the difference.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Active indeed...

-To make room for Baker and Pinner, the Vikings waived receiver Jason Carter and running back Wendell Mathis, both undrafted rookies. If they pass through waivers, both players could be candidates to join the practice squad because …
    hell of a gamble to take, Carter has been a surprise this off season and I'd hate to lose him now via waivers... we shall see
    Well they weren't lying when they said they were going to "stay active"!
    Wow....I did NOT see Offord getting cut. I don't know anything about the S they brought in, but I guess Childress likes him for some reason or another.

I am disappointed that Carter didn't make the team though. I thought he had a lot of potential. I really hope he makes the practice squad if he clears waivers.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

We have filled out our depth very well with the decisions made I like our RBs and QBs, our WRs have a mix of youth and experience, and our Dbs will be fine with this Tampa 2 how can you be upset that Offord was cut anyway that means both Will Hunter and Greg Blue are better then him and make the team better.
    Cutting Offord and then signing Baker makes no sense. Keeping Blue and and Hunter is fine, but Offord has experience and I don't see why Baker is any better than him.

I am optimistic about Bollinger, and our RBs, but the backup QB is brand new and the only backup RB with serious PT is the oft-injured Moore. It's apparent in other threads that I think Childress has made a mess of the WRs. You can find youth and experience without searching in the dumpster. Overall I think we had a wonderful offseason, but the roster compared to last year does not neccesarily show that, and some of the moves are questionable. If Tice were coaching this team we would go 7-9 at best.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

wendel mathis and jason carter have been waived says there nfl site

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Not exactly thrilled by the moves so far . . . Pinkston, Baker, and Pinner?
    Wow, the Vikes are really making a push for talent!
    Very questionable moves (both cuts and acquisitions) by the "brain" trust.
    Yikes.
    I'm sure the other teams in the NFC North are shaking in their cleats!
    Here's hoping that by the end of the season the roster is entirely ex-Eagles or ex-Badgers!

Hey it's up to the team to prove me wrong and go 16-0!
    For their sake, I hope the signings are exactly what the team needs.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

Wow i thought they kept jason carter, where have i been?
    Man they should have kept the kid, he had talent, it looked like him and TJ were on the same page.
    Its too bad, they COULD of been a nice tandom.
    I hope the vikings can still keep him around for the practice sqaud.
    I hope no one picks him up.
    You republican whore!

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Wow, I didn't see Carter getting the axe.. I thought he was in line to take punt and/or kickoff returns? I guess not, any idea who will? I am going with Mewelde Moore now..
    They should have cut i am always hurt moore and kept carter for kick/punt duties. How does moore keep a job when he is hurt all the time?
    You republican whore!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast