Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

Feely is OK.
    He is not great, but he is not bad.
    He is a helluva lot better that McMahon or JTO, and that is the only reason I would be happy to see him come here.
    (JTO has a cool name though... ).

While I think this is possible, I still can't get worked up about it until there is some more regarding the Viking's so-called interest being whispered in the rumor circles.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I f Feely couldn't beat out a rookie in Whitehurst, what makes anybody believe he could beat out TJack? If that is the quality of player we are looking at I would rather put my money on Jackson as the #2 guy and spend the money on a receiver and another DB or LB.

We really don't need to aquire another charity case, we have done enough community service already.

Don't under estimate someone just because their a rookie.....One of the reasons I was rallying for Whitehurst before the draft was because of the fact, he reminded me alot of the Steelers Rothburger.......

I said it back then and I'll say it now, Whitehurst is going to be a name we hear more of in the future around the league.....

Feely is better than both McMahon and O,Sul
    if you ask me.......He's a good fit for the West Coast Offense, something they didn't play in Miami
    I agree with you that Whitehurst is going to be a player but from what I have seen TJack is also going to be a force and has developed as fast as Whitehurst. My basic thought is if Feeley can't beat out Whitehurst he probably won't beat out TJack either so what is there to gain. If BJ and TJ both go down I would not want to place the team in Feeleys hands at that point either.

But for sure we can get along without McMasters and O Doules

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Brad Johnson
    Tarvaris Jackson
    A.J.Feely
    J.T. O'Sullivan (could possibly be cut if we get A.J.)

looks pretty good to me! A couple years ago A.J. Feely was traded to be a number 1 QB for the Dolphins.Not bad to have him third on our depth chart. (yes will be a Viking)He'll come cheeper then McMahon too, bye bye McMahon!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

if Feely is going to be #3 and hes cheap i say that would be awsome

Prophet Guest

If the scenario plays out where Johnson, Jackson, and Feeley are on the roster this year then the depth chart will be Johnson, Feeley, and Jackson.
    Jackson shows promise but is still too green.
    That sounds much better than any depth chart sporting McMahon and O'Sullivan.
    This last preseason game with the scrubs will help with the decision making.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Wed, Aug. 30, 2006

[size=13pt]Former Eagle Feeley catches Childress' eye[/size]

BY MARCUS R. FULLER
    Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Brad Childress said he didn't hear about his former quarterback A.J. Feeley being released by San Diego until a day later.

But Childress said Tuesday he might be interested in Feeley, who played for him in Philadelphia from 2001-03.

"I'd just have to look into that," he said. "What you do is pull out old game tapes, watch him play … and see what you think."

Feeley was released Monday in favor of Clemson rookie quarterback Charlie Whitehurst backing up Phillip Rivers.

Feeley, the only quarterback on the Chargers' roster who has started an NFL game, had a better quarterback rating (110.1) than Whitehurst (42.2). But San Diego chose the third-round pick over the five-year veteran.

Feeley, 29, has passed for 3,047 yards with 19 touchdowns and 21 interceptions in 18 games. He started five times for the Eagles in 2002 and made eight starts for Miami in 2004. After beginning the season No. 3 on the depth chart in Philadelphia in 2002, Feeley went 4-1 after replacing injured quarterbacks Donovan McNabb and Koy Detmer.

Even before Feeley's release, Mike McMahon's future as a backup quarterback with the Vikings seemed bleak.

Rookie Tarvaris Jackson outplayed McMahon for the No. 2 job during camp, and Childress said Tuesday McMahon would not play in the final exhibition game Thursday at Dallas.

"I'm going to watch J.T. O'Sullivan in the fourth quarter of this game," he said. "I want to give him a full quarter to see what he can do."

Interest in Pinkston? After acquiring Donte' Stallworth on Monday, the Philadelphia Eagles are allowing veteran receiver Todd Pinkston to seek a trade. The Vikings won't comment. But Pinkston could be attractive to the Vikings for several reasons:

• He fits a major need, given how thin the Vikings are at receiver. Pinkston missed the entire 2005 season with a torn Achilles' tendon. But he was fairly productive in his previous five seasons.

• By all accounts, Pinkston is a man of high character. He doesn't have a rap sheet, and he doesn't have a reputation for being selfish or strange.

• He knows Childress. Pinkston had his most productive season in Childress' first year as Eagles offensive coordinator in 2002, when he caught 60 passes for 798 yards and seven touchdowns.

Pinkston could cost a fourth- or fifth-round pick.

Bring on T.O.: Childress said he couldn't care less if former disgruntled Eagle and current Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens plays Thursday against the Vikings.

But second-year cornerback Dovonte Edwards, who will get the start at right cornerback for injured Fred Smoot, is disappointed Owens likely will be out with a hamstring injury.

Edwards, who had a 51-yard interception return for a touchdown off Green Bay's Brett Favre on "Monday Night Football" last year, came to training camp as one of a handful of candidates for the nickel cornerback job. He already has nailed down that position.

"You always want to test your skills against some of the best," Edwards said. "The first week of the preseason, we had Randy Moss coming in here, coming back to the Metrodome. That was a challenge for me, as well, going against one of the elite wide receivers in this league. Definitely, I do wish Terrell was playing."

Is Moore ready? Running back Mewelde Moore showed improvement during Monday's practice after feeling some stiffness after his return from a knee injury.

Moore looked better during no contact drills, but the Vikings still are not sure if he will be ready to play Thursday.

Marcus R. Fuller can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

On a related note...

KFFL
    Vikings | McMahon will sit Thursday; O’Sullivan will play in his place
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:39:16 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said struggling backup QB Mike McMahon will not play in Thursday night's preseason finale, Aug. 31, at Dallas. O'Sullivan will play the fourth quarter. The coach wants to get a better look at QB J.T. O'Sullivan. Childress insisted the plan was not an indicator of McMahon's chances of making the team. "I think it speaks more that J.T. hasn't played in some of those games, or at least wasn't scheduled to play, and I just want to give him a full quarter to see what he can do," he said.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    On a related note...

KFFL
    Vikings | McMahon will sit Thursday; O’Sullivan will play in his place
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:39:16 -0700

The Associated Press reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said struggling backup QB Mike McMahon will not play in Thursday night's preseason finale, Aug. 31, at Dallas. O'Sullivan will play the fourth quarter. The coach wants to get a better look at QB J.T. O'Sullivan. Childress insisted the plan was not an indicator of McMahon's chances of making the team. "I think it speaks more that J.T. hasn't played in some of those games, or at least wasn't scheduled to play, and I just want to give him a full quarter to see what he can do," he said.

Let's break that statement down into laymans terms...

McChoke.....YOUR GONE

O, Dudly.....Play the fourth quarter so you can mess up and give me a reason to let you go also...

Feeley.......Welcome to MN..... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Prophet Guest

Browns | Team will consider Feeley - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:18:44 -0700

Mike McLain, of the Tribune Chronicle, reports the Cleveland Browns will keep free agent QB A.J. Feeley (Chargers) in mind if a veteran is needed to backup starting QB Charlie Frye. San Diego waived Feely this week. "We'll take a look at him to see how much interest we have in him," head coach Romeo Crennel said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team will look at tape of Feely - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:51:03 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said the Vikings will take a look at tape of free agent QB A.J. Feeley (Chargers), who was released by San Diego Monday, Aug. 28. He played for the Eagles when Childress was that team's offensive coordinator.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Feeley would be a better fit for the Vikes offense than either McMahon or O'sullivan.
    Feeley played in the WCO and when he went to Miami the had a stretch offense and a poor O-line, I am not saying I want him starting, but I would rather take a chance with him than either of our current 3rd or 4th string QB's
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234