Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    Feely is a decent backup, and I wouldn't mind him coming here.
    But I am not even going to entertain the thought until there is something a little more substantial in the rumor mill that one little article by a StarTrib reports...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    I f Feely couldn't beat out a rookie in Whitehurst, what makes anybody believe he could beat out TJack? If that is the quality of player we are looking at I would rather put my money on Jackson as the #2 guy and spend the money on a receiver and another DB or LB.

    We really don't need to aquire another charity case, we have done enough community service already.

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    No feely.
    He stinks.
    I watched him in Miami.
    No thank you.
    No thank you.
    No thank you.

  4. #24
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I f Feely couldn't beat out a rookie in Whitehurst, what makes anybody believe he could beat out TJack? If that is the quality of player we are looking at I would rather put my money on Jackson as the #2 guy and spend the money on a receiver and another DB or LB.

    We really don't need to aquire another charity case, we have done enough community service already.




    Don't under estimate someone just because their a rookie.....One of the reasons I was rallying for Whitehurst before the draft was because of the fact, he reminded me alot of the Steelers Rothburger.......





    I said it back then and I'll say it now, Whitehurst is going to be a name we hear more of in the future around the league.....





    Feely is better than both McMahon and O,Sul
    if you ask me.......He's a good fit for the West Coast Offense, something they didn't play in Miami


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    They have to go through with this! Even Sean Salisbury could outperform Mike and J.T. .... well maybe not.

  6. #26
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The second he was released and I saw it on ESPN, I knew it was only hours before thier was a rumor he was coming here.

    Me too man, I was thinking the same exact thing.. I was waiting to get home from work today and see tha either the Vikings signed Feeley and released McMahon & O'Sullivan, or that they had a strong interest in him..

    Now that it is said that they have an interest in him, it is only a matter of time before he is a Viking.. I will admit, he is a much better option as a backup then both McMahon, and O'Sucksalot..

  7. #27
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The second he was released and I saw it on ESPN, I knew it was only hours before thier was a rumor he was coming here.

    Me too man, I was thinking the same exact thing.. I was waiting to get home from work today and see tha either the Vikings signed Feeley and released McMahon & O'Sullivan, or that they had a strong interest in him..

    Now that it is said that they have an interest in him, it is only a matter of time before he is a Viking.. I will admit, he is a much better option as a backup then both McMahon, and O'Sucksalot..
    Agreed.
    Neither has shown anything against vanilla plays.
    Bye. Bye.

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    Truth be told, Feeley in a Viking uniform isn't too far fetched.

    For one, he knows Childress's system from playing under him as an Eagle (and winning a playoff game as an Eagle while McNabb was hurt). And remember, our VP of personnel Rick Spielman was the Dolphins GM that dealt a second-round pick to Philadelphia for Feeley. Also, Feeley losing out to Whitehurst in San Diego isn't much of a surprise considering they spent a third round pick on Whitehurst. Feeley just ended up being the odd man out in San Diego.

    This is one rumor I could see developing into truth.
    Even babies know the difference.

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Truth be told, Feeley in a Viking uniform isn't too far fetched.

    For one, he knows Childress's system from playing under him as an Eagle (and winning a playoff game as an Eagle while McNabb was hurt). And remember, our VP of personnel Rick Spielman was the Dolphins GM that dealt a second-round pick to Philadelphia for Feeley. Also, Feeley losing out to Whitehurst in San Diego isn't much of a surprise considering they spent a third round pick on Whitehurst. Feeley just ended up being the odd man out in San Diego.

    This is one rumor I could see developing into truth.
    If it means getting rid on McNotaman and O'Sucksalot, then bring "Touchy" Feeley on board...or was that Furley (from Three's Company). LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings | Team could have an interest in Feeley

    "VikingNed" wrote:


    Just went back to the Star and read the clipping on it...




    here it is....








    Interest in Feeley?
    Tuesday, August 29th, 2006 by Judd Zulgad An interesting name hit the transaction wire last night when the San Diego Chargers released backup quarterback A.J. Feeley. Considering the fact Mike McMahon has had a poor preseason and rookie Tarvaris Jackson should be able to spend this year learning on the job and not being thrust into the starting role if something happens to Brad Johnson, Feeley’s availability should cause some interest at Winter Park.

    Feeley knows the Vikings’ West Coast system very well, having played in it in Philadelphia when Brad Childress was the Eagles’ offensive coordinator. Feeley has started 13 of 18 games with the Eagles and Dolphins. The Dolphins actually had high hopes for Feeley at one time. Of course, he was cut for a reason. Feeley was outplayed by rookie Charlie Whitehurst. Philip Rivers is the Chargers’ starter.



    Notice what I put in BOLD
    If you remember, I was lobbying for Whitehurst before the draft.
    Nice to see he's doing well, but I'm also very happy with what I have seen in TJ.......



    I'll have to continue to follow CW and see what kind of season he has, that is if he gets some playing time....
    Good point but the question is Whitehurst that good or Feely that Bad. Feely has never done anything for me but is he better than what we have?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Team Interest (College recruits)
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 02:08 PM
  2. Vikings - Other notes of interest
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
  3. Forget about Feeley. Signed.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:42 PM
  4. Vikings | Team showing interest in D. Smith
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
  5. Vikings | Team showing interest in Penn
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 05:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •