skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Vikings in talks with OT Starks

Former Steeler Max Starks, i know some people on here has been liking him for some time.

He is in for a work out

"Starks, 29, played in 95 games and started 68 in seven seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers, who drafted him in the third round (75th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft and released him in late July. He was trying to come back from a neck injury that required surgery and landed him on injured reserve in November."

Former Steelers left tackle Max Starks visiting Vikings

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    If his neck is healed then I hope they sign him. I know he has battled weight issues very similar to McKinnie but I have more respect for a guy like Starks who got fat due to recovering from neck surgery than McKinnie who got fat while supposedly training with his girlfriend. Really would help us out allowing Charlie Johnson to give us very good depth.

Starks, Hutchinson, new center, Herrera, Loadholt would not be a bad line at all.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Highly doubt it will make a difference... even if he was Jake Long.. with the play calling we have going on and the QB play.. it won't matter who we have blocking... McNabb can't hit guys in stride or wide open... even when he has time...

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Highly doubt it will make a difference... even if he was Jake Long.. with the play calling we have going on and the QB play.. it won't matter who we have blocking... McNabb can't hit guys in stride or wide open... even when he has time...
    Maybe Webb or Ponder can

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    YES! Amazing news. Starks is exactly what we need. Please Spielman, get it done!

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.