Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings taking their security more seriously after shooting death of Sean Taylor

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings taking their security more seriously after shooting death of Washington Redskins' Sean Taylor[/size]

Murder of Redskins safety Taylor has players trying to do more to protect themselves, their families

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Article Last Updated: 12/22/2007 12:21:19 AM CST

Every time his doorbell rings, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams answers with his 9mm Glock holstered on his hip....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ancoin is offline Starter

Re: Vikings taking their security more seriously after shooting death of Sean Ta

Every time his doorbell rings, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams answers with his 9mm Glock holstered on his hip.
    Man that is bad... I don't know how someone can live with that.. But I'm from Europe so not a big fan of guns and/or the fact that it should be for a protecting purpose.

Thank to Lotza

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings taking their security more seriously after shooting death of Sean Ta

"ancoin" wrote:
    Every time his doorbell rings, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams answers with his 9mm Glock holstered on his hip.
    Man that is bad... I don't know how someone can live with that.. But I'm from Europe so not a big fan of guns and/or the fact that it should be for a protecting purpose.
    Well said

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:
    Well said
    I thought they dressed up in those funny looking clothes & hunted fox on horse-back over there.
    :P

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings taking their security more seriously after shooting death of Sean Taylor

"singersp" wrote:

Every time his doorbell rings, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams answers with his 9mm Glock holstered on his hip....

I certainly have no problem with Pat (or any law abiding citizen) having a gun, but if he is that worried about who might be knocking at his door, why doenst he install a security system including a camera, and when the door bell rings see who it is, and answer through an intercom until he is sure he knows them.

My buddy just put such a system in on his house, and he isnt quite in Pats income level so I know it is affordable.
    You never have to guess who is there.

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:
    Well said
    I thought they dressed up in those funny looking clothes & hunted fox on horse-back over there.
    :P
    Only the crazy Brits.

Now that I think of it there might be some arrogant upper class brainiacs that does it here in our country too.

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"ancoin" wrote:
    Guns not for a protecting purpose?
    Yeah, that would be good, if it wasn't for those darn criminals who have guns and will use them.
    Maybe he should carry a butter knife instead.

Well, thinking about it now... a 360 pound D-lineman with a butter knife would be very frightening to me!

"hx38596" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:
    Yeah, that would be good, if it wasn't for those darn criminals who have guns and will use them.

Well, thinking about it now... a 360 pound D-lineman with a butter knife would be very frightening to me!
    No thanks. Guns don't protect, guns kill

"cogitans" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:

If that's true, I'm blaming my keyboard for typos.

Guns don't kill people, people do. If there wasn't such a thing as guns, those people would simply resort to another weapon.

"singersp" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "hx38596" wrote:
    "ancoin" wrote:

If that's true, I'm blaming my keyboard for typos.

Guns don't kill people, people do. If there wasn't such a thing as guns, those people would simply resort to another weapon.
    You knew I had to stir the pot on that one.

I'm not into revolting to old arguments, but I say drop the guns, and let them resort to this other weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast