Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They might eliminate tailgating but there is always the opportunity to flash mob if you have the need to do something.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Vikings push to add tailgating options in time for new stadium

Vikings push to add tailgating options in time for new stadium | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    They don't care about what the fans want. they have a stadium to build and if that meanse no tailgating that is something people need to get used to.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    They don't care about what the fans want. they have a stadium to build and if that meanse no tailgating that is something people need to get used to.
    That is a pretty myopic statement with pretty much nothing to back it up.

This is the same ownership group who fought to get tailgating brought BACK to the Metrodome after it was in the parking lots across town for many years. Those of us who remember tailgating before '07 remember it well, we had to catch a bus to get to the dome.

The entire article that Singer posted was about the Vikings acknowledging that tailgating is a hot button topic for fans, and they are looking for solutions.

I don't understand your constant bashing of the ownership group.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Unless Wilf is part of the Ryan Companies and the rest of the companies that are going to be developing those lots, maybe you might think about reading exactly what I wrote before jumping down my back.;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Unless Wilf is part of the Ryan Companies and the rest of the companies that are going to be developing those lots, maybe you might think about reading exactly what I wrote before jumping down my back.;D
    Sorry, I mistook They to mean the ownership group since you said they had a stadium to build. I don't think the Ryan Companies are involved with the stadium, just the lots and parking garages.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Can't find a list of the questions in the survey, but I remember a question with the idea of having a commons area with permanent grills that would be shared by tailgaters. Presumably you would park in the ramp and carry your stuff to the grill area. That plus railgating wouldn't be that bad.
    I think that this is a terrible idea (compared to regular tailgating). People are going to be expected to share the grills, etc. What happens when everyone decides they want to cook their food at the same time? Or some a-hole decides to basically take over a grill for their exclusive use? A first come-first served situation? Folks wandering around in vain, lugging their stuff with them, looking for a grill they can use? I can visualize an area with 200 grills and 1000 people that want to grill. Are there going to be tables that we have to share as well? How well you think that is going to work, co-mingling your food and drinks on the same table at the same time as another group?

A stinking parking space is already a small area to have a tailgate party in. It doesn't sound like some shared space is going to offer us any more (or even the same) square footage. Wish they could find a way to put in a huge parking lot that could be multipurposed...maybe a park and ride during weekdays for light rail commuters users heading away from downtown (or paying less to park there than other city lots downtown, with cheap Metro/Rail service to other downtown points), farmers market, outdoor flea market...something where they could give Vikings tailgating fans what they want 10 days out of the year.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    "The Vikings think tailgaters might even even move closer to the stadium, onto the open space outside the front door. “You know, maybe there’s a way on the plaza. We’ve talked to the concessionaire, Aramark, that just got hired, about, is there a village concept, where people can come? Can we provide tailgating opportunities without cars?”

This would totally suck, and eliminates half of why people tailgate in the first place. First, I don't want some Aramark "village" that is going to sell me an $8 beer and a $5 hot dog...even if they sell a upgraded $6 fancy-schmancy sausage. Tailgating is all about Beast out of a can, and jello shots, and showing off your cooking skills, and the camaraderie that follows when people gather together to share food and drink. Standing in long lines to buy overpriced stuff, and then just standing around and chatting with those same friends just wouldn't be the same.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123