Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' Sullivan prepares to fill void at center

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Centers are responsible for making calls at the line, which takes time with any new system. Sullivan said his experience at Notre Dame helped prepare him.

Sullivan has lost it.

Is he trying to convince us that the Center actually makes line calls?
    WOW, I thought he just pointed out the Mike Linebacker........

"I think I had a pretty good jump-start on that because I had the same responsibilities at Notre Dame and we ran a pro-style offense," he said.
    Pro style offense huh.
    Well that explains the line calls I guess.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the gol 'darnit ball.

"Obviously you have to get on the same page with everybody here and learn all the terminology. Some of the concepts are slightly tweaked so you have to get used to thinking about how you're going to attack a defense and protect the quarterback in a different light."
    What is this terminalogy he speaks of.

How much terminalogy do you need to say "Hey there is the Mike"?

Ohhhh, wait, we just figured out that the Center actually does make line calls....DUH.....Silly me.

;D

Long story short, like some of the comments on how he and Matt talked about the best way to handle the transition.
    Said it before, Matt was nothing but class.
    1. So last year you were bashing Birk for skipping OTAs, but now you're calling him classy? Hmmm.
    2. I don't recall many debating whether the Center made the line calls. I do remember a debate on whether Birk was making bad line calls. I can tell you that in the firs GB game alone, pressure was caused because of linemen getting beat almost 90% of the time. There was one sack where Cook missed his assignment, and even so, it may not have been Birk's fault.
    3. For someone who doesn't like to play the "I win, You lose" game when posting, you should do play the "I told you so" game a lot.
    Taking time off/skipping OTA's has nothing to do with the amount of class a person has.
    I would link attending OTA's or skipping them to thier pride and professionalism my friend.

There was a debate.
    Maybe not with you, however, with several on here.
    Hell, one of our most prominent posters pretty much called me a yutz for spouting such jibberish.
    Maybe you should take some time and go back are search the threads.....

I do like to poke it in peoples eyes if they want to start.
    The discussions I described in item 2 are just the thing that will cause me to go into the "neaner neaner neaner" "I told you so, I told you so" Mode.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Centers are responsible for making calls at the line, which takes time with any new system. Sullivan said his experience at Notre Dame helped prepare him.

Sullivan has lost it.

"I think I had a pretty good jump-start on that because I had the same responsibilities at Notre Dame and we ran a pro-style offense," he said.
    Pro style offense huh.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the gol 'darnit ball.

"Obviously you have to get on the same page with everybody here and learn all the terminology. Some of the concepts are slightly tweaked so you have to get used to thinking about how you're going to attack a defense and protect the quarterback in a different light."

Ohhhh, wait, we just figured out that the Center actually does make line calls....DUH.....Silly me.

;D

Long story short, like some of the comments on how he and Matt talked about the best way to handle the transition.
    This is coming from a guy that thought our biggest need was center.
    LOL, at that point and time I was concerned.
    Still am to a point, however, Matts comments have somewhat belayed those concerns.
    So I guess ole mars wasn't crazy after all.
    LOL, OK, if you see it that way.
    Seems to me you weren't concerned because you were almost convinced (at that point) that Matt was coming back.

Then you seemed to be sold we would get a FA.

Now you are saying there wasn't any need for concern.........

I, on the other hand, am still concerned, but just not as much, and yes, my "Need" has shifted back to depth at either the DT or MLB positions......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

1. So last year you were bashing Birk for skipping OTAs, but now you're calling him classy? Hmmm.
    2. I don't recall many debating whether the Center made the line calls. I do remember a debate on whether Birk was making bad line calls. I can tell you that in the firs GB game alone, pressure was caused because of linemen getting beat almost 90% of the time. There was one sack where Cook missed his assignment, and even so, it may not have been Birk's fault.
    3. For someone who doesn't like to play the "I win, You lose" game when posting, you should do play the "I told you so" game a lot.
    Taking time off/skipping OTA's has nothing to do with the amount of class a person has.
    I would link attending OTA's or skipping them to thier pride and professionalism My Sexy Little Pixie.

There was a debate.
    Maybe not with you, however, with several on here.
    Hell, one of our most prominent posters pretty much called me a yutz for spouting such jibberish.
    Maybe you should take some time and go back are search the threads.....

I do like to poke it in peoples eyes if they want to start.
    The discussions I described in item 2 are just the thing that will cause me to go into the "neaner neaner neaner" "I told you so, I told you so" Mode.....
    lol.. neaner neaner neaner!!.. i havent' head that since pre-k!!!
    even if i am always right!!!
    ;D j/k

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

Still am to a point, however, Matts comments have somewhat belayed those concerns.
    Seems to me you weren't concerned because you were almost convinced (at that point) that Matt was coming back.

I, on the other hand, am still concerned, but just not as much, and yes, my "Need" has shifted back to depth at either the DT or MLB positions......
    What are you smoking? I have always supported Sullivan. I watched him a lot during his Notre Dame years. I am a midwest guy. I was never convinced Birk was coming back. Ravens overpaid for him, big deal. I was NEVER sold on getting Brown. I wanted him. Again never a big need, just a question mark to some. I am way past that. RT is still the biggest need. Cook can't play RT and judging by the things I have heard about Sullivan from Childress, he is better than Cook at center. Cook is garbage. I can't wait until he is a FA next year. Goodbye. What posts are you reading? You might want to reread this thread.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=50301.0

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Nice Read.
    I like everything I'm hearing about Sully.
    Birk is a class act.
    Good guy, true Minnesotan.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50953.msg921278#msg921278 date=1236857914]

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

What are you smoking? I have always supported Sullivan. I watched him a lot during his Notre Dame years. I am a midwest guy. I was never convinced Birk was coming back. Ravens overpaid for him, big deal. I was NEVER sold on getting Brown. I wanted him. Again never a big need, just a question mark to some. I am way past that. RT is still the biggest need. Cook can't play RT and judging by the things I have heard about Sullivan from Childress, he is better than Cook at center. Cook is garbage. I can't wait until he is a FA next year. Goodbye. What posts are you reading? You might want to reread this thread.

[/quote]
    You've been a "Birk is coming back" guy the whole time.
    Who are you kidding.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=50953.msg921317#msg921317 date=1236863815]

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

[/quote]
    You've been a "Birk is coming back" guy the whole time.
    Who are you kidding.
    [/quote]

Do you have a link to a quote that has me saying he is coming back?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    Matt Birk is coming back to the Vikings. And Rap music is awesome.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Matt Birk is coming back to the Vikings. And Rap music is awesome.
    LOL I love you sometimes.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

[/quote]

DO you really have confidence in Chilldress in how he evaluates where his young guys are and their development.. he's said the same thing about Rice, TJ and i always hear good things about allison in the pre-season.. but when the season starts its an entirely different story...

I'm glad you do because i sure as hell don't trust the guy when it comes to offensive talent and whether they are coming along or not!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast