Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' Sullivan prepares to fill void at center

Centers are responsible for making calls at the line, which takes time with any new system. Sullivan said his experience at Notre Dame helped prepare him.

Sullivan has lost it.
    Is he trying to convince us that the Center actually makes line calls?
    WOW, I thought he just pointed out the Mike Linebacker........

"I think I had a pretty good jump-start on that because I had the same responsibilities at Notre Dame and we ran a pro-style offense," he said.
    Pro style offense huh.
    Well that explains the line calls I guess.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the damn ball.

"Obviously you have to get on the same page with everybody here and learn all the terminology. Some of the concepts are slightly tweaked so you have to get used to thinking about how you're going to attack a defense and protect the quarterback in a different light."
    What is this terminalogy he speaks of.
    How much terminalogy do you need to say "Hey there is the Mike"?

Ohhhh, wait, we just figured out that the Center actually does make line calls....DUH.....Silly me.
    ;D

Long story short, like some of the comments on how he and Matt talked about the best way to handle the transition.
    Said it before, Matt was nothing but class.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

There goes my Cook starting theory.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I told you guys Sullivan would start. I have a lot of faith in him. This proves that Cook is useless.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Centers are responsible for making calls at the line, which takes time with any new system. Sullivan said his experience at Notre Dame helped prepare him.

Sullivan has lost it.

"I think I had a pretty good jump-start on that because I had the same responsibilities at Notre Dame and we ran a pro-style offense," he said.
    Pro style offense huh.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the damn ball.

"Obviously you have to get on the same page with everybody here and learn all the terminology. Some of the concepts are slightly tweaked so you have to get used to thinking about how you're going to attack a defense and protect the quarterback in a different light."

Ohhhh, wait, we just figured out that the Center actually does make line calls....DUH.....Silly me.

;D

Long story short, like some of the comments on how he and Matt talked about the best way to handle the transition.
    This is coming from a guy that thought our biggest need was center.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the gol 'darnit ball.

;D

LOL, at that point and time I was concerned.
    Still am to a point, however, Matts comments have somewhat belayed those concerns.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.
    Had me a bit confused there with that whole "Line Call" thingamajib, when we played in the back yard the C just hiked the gol 'darnit ball.

;D

LOL, at that point and time I was concerned.
    Still am to a point, however, Matts comments have somewhat belayed those concerns.
    So I guess ole mars wasn't crazy after all.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Sullivan has lost it.

Pro style offense huh.

;D

1. So last year you were bashing Birk for skipping OTAs, but now you're calling him classy? Hmmm.
    2. I don't recall many debating whether the Center made the line calls. I do remember a debate on whether Birk was making bad line calls. I can tell you that in the firs GB game alone, pressure was caused because of linemen getting beat almost 90% of the time. There was one sack where Cook missed his assignment, and even so, it may not have been Birk's fault.
    3. For someone who doesn't like to play the "I win, You lose" game when posting, you should do play the "I told you so" game a lot.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    I told you guys Sullivan would start. I have a lot of faith in him. This proves that Cook is useless.
    we'll see.. Herrera can also play center... i think they will all shuffle around to see what line combo works best...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    we'll see.. Herrera can also play center... i think they will all shuffle around to see what line combo works best...
    I'm glad that the questions marks on our OL are spreading. Before it was everything right of the center was questionable...now, it's 3 out of 5 OL. Nice!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I'm glad that the questions marks on our OL are spreading. Before it was everything right of the center was questionable...now, it's 3 out of 5 OL. Nice!
    yeah, it's like a shitty cold.. it keeps spreading!!...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast