Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It starts by Zygi getting himself, Mark, and Leonard OUT of the football decision making process. Until that happens, we're going to go in circles.

Caine
    AKA circle jerk, with Zygi being the pivot man!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames09 View Post
    I don't think Cowher would come our of retirement to walk into a situation where his boss is going to be the owners nephew, brother, son or some bullshit like that, with no real football knowledge.

IMO Wilf wanting someone high profile is the best case scenario for us. A lot of the times these guys have GMs in mind they want to work with, or maybe the current GM will be left with the title only. To land someone like Cowher, Wilf will have to convince him well before hand that this isn't a family first operation.
    you got that right, NO top HC is going to put himself into that kind of clusterfuck.

put the pipe down Singer..Cowher isnt EVER going to come here (other than to coach a team against the Vikes)

Minniman is online now Hall of Famer
    Back on the topic, the Vikings could start by not using the "ain't I tricky" plays left over from the Childress playbook to stop critical third quarter drives cold.

I have to shake my head when I see the play selection the Vikings use. It has not changed much from the pre-Favre Childress era, and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

If a team needs nine yards on a comeback pass, the receiver has to go 11 yards downfield. Three yard passes on third and long are low percentage plays. Linebackers and DB's have too much recover speed, as long as they don't play five yards off like the Vikings, to allow the YAC needed on short passes on third and long. Yeah, once in a while it will work, but again, it is low percentage playcalling that tricky plays cannot help in the long run.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    you got that right, NO top HC is going to put himself into that kind of clusterfuck.

put the pipe down Singer..Cowher isnt EVER going to come here (other than to coach a team against the Vikes)
    Are you sure? Why just a mere year & a half ago many here thought we were only 1 or 2 player away from a Super Bowl.

;P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Two years is a long time in football.the way the league stacked up that year we had enough talent to win the SB. This year that same team might be lucky to get a wild card spot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12