Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings still trying to solve 3rd-quarter dilemma

Vikings still trying to solve third-quarter dilemma

Vikings still trying to solve third-quarter dilemma | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

How about solving the not winning dilemma 1st?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully tell all of us exactly how they are going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Hopefully tell all of us exactly how they are going to do it.
    This is a good place to start........

Blog Entries
    What the hell good would cowher do with no other changes in the FO?

It isn't like he is any kind of talent guru or anything. His success was a product of a great FO in Pittsburgh more than he coaching acumen. Or have you forgotten the "Slash" era?

What the hell good would cowher do with no other changes in the FO?

It isn't like he is any kind of talent guru or anything. His success was a product of a great FO in Pittsburgh more than he coaching acumen. Or have you forgotten the "Slash" era?
    I said it's a good place to start. Cower > Frazier

They are both going to need good players, which is the FO & scouts responsibility and I've said we need a GM, but IMO, Cower would do much better with the same crop of players than Frazier would.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    It starts by Zygi getting himself, Mark, and Leonard OUT of the football decision making process. Until that happens, we're going to go in circles.

Caine

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I doubt that the Wilfs are calling the plays in the 3rd quarter, but i understand what you are saying

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I said it's a good place to start. Cower > Frazier

They are both going to need good players, which is the FO & scouts responsibility and I've said we need a GM, but IMO, Cower would do much better with the same crop of players than Frazier would.
    That is like saying you are going to build a house by setting the walls before you build the foundation. Short term it might work but over the long term it won't.

Cowher is not going to solve anything and plugging him into the HC position. If you think you can take a successful SB winning coach, plug them into a dysfunctional FO and succeed, then I would like to offer the examples of the Dolphins hiring Jimmy Johnson, The Redskins bringing back Gibbs and Hiring Shanahan.

They need to get a premier GM to come in and build the whole organization from the ground up all the way from the mail room to the secretary to the trainer, the scouting staff and most importantly the right head and position coaches.

The Vikings are so far away from that right now that it is going to be a very rough road until they come to their senses and do the right thing.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    That is like saying you are going to build a house by setting the walls before you build the foundation. Short term it might work but over the long term it won't.

Cowher is not going to solve anything and plugging him into the HC position. If you think you can take a successful SB winning coach, plug them into a dysfunctional FO and succeed, then I would like to offer the examples of the Dolphins hiring Jimmy Johnson, The Redskins bringing back Gibbs and Hiring Shanahan.

They need to get a premier GM to come in and build the whole organization from the ground up all the way from the mail room to the secretary to the trainer, the scouting staff and most importantly the right head and position coaches.

The Vikings are so far away from that right now that it is going to be a very rough road until they come to their senses and do the right thing.
    I don't think Cowher would come our of retirement to walk into a situation where his boss is going to be the owners nephew, brother, son or some bullshit like that, with no real football knowledge.

IMO Wilf wanting someone high profile is the best case scenario for us. A lot of the times these guys have GMs in mind they want to work with, or maybe the current GM will be left with the title only. To land someone like Cowher, Wilf will have to convince him well before hand that this isn't a family first operation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast