Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikings still seething from 'dirty' hits on Favre

marshallvike wrote:
    dfosterf wrote:
    I asked this question a couple of months ago... All 8 long of you apparently dismissed it then... The Ain'ts put a hurting on your boy physically in that game, to the point that he could only come back yesterday (allegedly) from it.

What has really changed to prevent them from doing the exact same thing to him? --- And worse--If they are truly as "dirty" as you all say they are.. what if they "target" that ankle?

I think your o-line is extremely suspect, and I will readily admit I am an "expert" on that subject, but I really think "my" problem is repaired.

Is yours? How many even acknowledge it is/was one?
    any team can maul a QB AFTER the play is over if the officiating crew allows it. remember, the aint's had 0 sacks that game. all the hits came after Farve got rid of the ball. I thought our line did a decent job of pass blocking last year. run blocking? not so good. hopefully a year under their belts will help sully and load. Hutch will be healthy this year also. unfortunately we have no-one to take over at left tackle so that will still be a weakness. especially with Peppers getting to face Mckinnie twice this year. He ate him up last year.
    1: McKinnie has been a problem his entire career here. He's underplayed his potential consistently. It was a joke that he made the pro-bowl...I guess every other LT in the NFC declined... Aside form that, our line has gotten better. Cook and Loadholt have another year of experience under their belts, and Hutch is healthy. McKinnie will remain a problem until HE chooses to stop being one and starts playing to his potential.

2: If anyone thinks the Packer's O-Line woes are "solved" because they're plugging some rookies in there, you're nuts. Rookies, no matter how talented, seldom fare extremely well in their first season. And some never do. The Packers are just as vulnerable now as they were last season because it's going to take awhile for those Rookies to get into the rhythm of the game...plus, they're going to be nose to nose with the elite of the NFL...not a plethora of moderately talented College kids.

IMO, IF those Rookies pan out, the dividends won't truly show for a season or two.

Caine

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Caine wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    dfosterf wrote:
    I asked this question a couple of months ago... All 8 long of you apparently dismissed it then... The Ain'ts put a hurting on your boy physically in that game, to the point that he could only come back yesterday (allegedly) from it.

What has really changed to prevent them from doing the exact same thing to him? --- And worse--If they are truly as "dirty" as you all say they are.. what if they "target" that ankle?

I think your o-line is extremely suspect, and I will readily admit I am an "expert" on that subject, but I really think "my" problem is repaired.

any team can maul a QB AFTER the play is over if the officiating crew allows it. remember, the aint's had 0 sacks that game. all the hits came after Farve got rid of the ball. I thought our line did a decent job of pass blocking last year. run blocking? not so good. hopefully a year under their belts will help sully and load. Hutch will be healthy this year also. unfortunately we have no-one to take over at left tackle so that will still be a weakness. especially with Peppers getting to face Mckinnie twice this year. He ate him up last year.
    1: McKinnie has been a problem his entire career here. He's underplayed his potential consistently. It was a joke that he made the pro-bowl...I guess every other LT in the NFC declined... Aside form that, our line has gotten better. Cook and Loadholt have another year of experience under their belts, and Hutch is healthy. McKinnie will remain a problem until HE chooses to stop being one and starts playing to his potential.

2: If anyone thinks the Packer's O-Line woes are "solved" because they're plugging some rookies in there, you're nuts. Rookies, no matter how talented, seldom fare extremely well in their first season. And some never do. The Packers are just as vulnerable now as they were last season because it's going to take awhile for those Rookies to get into the rhythm of the game...plus, they're going to be nose to nose with the elite of the NFL...not a plethora of moderately talented College kids.

IMO, IF those Rookies pan out, the dividends won't truly show for a season or two.

Caine
    here's to hoping they never pan out.
    sorry rock :laugh:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

dfosterf wrote:

Hutch and Herrera were both playing hurt most of last year and we had 1st year starters in Sullivan and Loadholt... So while I agree the line did look suspect, there's no reason not to believe it will be improved this year... beyond that, as previously stated, even in a game where the Saints #1 goal was to hit the QB, they didn't record 1 sack against that "suspect" line.

They played good enough last year and all indications are it will play even better this year.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"After the last time we played him he didn't feel too good," Sharper said. "We'll see how he feels after this time."
    "We didn't get any flags, how can they be cheap shots," Sharper said.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/18/nfc-south-training-camp-ends/

Wrong Sharper your team did get flags.

birdman is offline Training Camp

If there's two areas where rookies can contribute, it's OL and RB. Beluga is a beast. They'll put him at guard if they must to get him on the field. Great pick by the Pack. Just watch.
    None

birdman is offline Training Camp

That Vikes-Saints opener will set ratings records. The hype has just started. Anyone who loves football will be watching.
    None

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

marstc09 wrote:
    "After the last time we played him he didn't feel too good," Sharper said. "We'll see how he feels after this time."
    "We didn't get any flags, how can they be cheap shots," Sharper said.
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/18/nfc-south-training-camp-ends/

Wrong Sharper your team did get flags.
    Proof yet again that football players are not the smartest folk walking the earth :laugh:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456